Indian Special Forces

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I was asking that whether they are getting better stuff than our men for example command structure, weapons, support units, tactics/trg...
Their utilisation is even worse than Para SF due to the fact that average Paki Infantryman is poorly trained and motivated for the challenge that Taliban pose to them.

Taliban are phenomenal fighters they are not what we face in Kashmir and always they have good numbers and equipments.

Scramjet

Country flag
Don't know what's the compulsion for using different stuff. "Train like you fight" should be the mantra.

I guess the ACH are not available in enough numbers?
Idk brother, no one knows the exact numbers, there's a hell lot of things our men have FAST helmets, PASGTs, ACHs, patkas, newer team wendy helmets, or201s

Aditya Roy

Country flag
Their utilisation is even worse than Para SF due to the fact that average Paki Infantryman is poorly trained and motivated for the challenge that Taliban pose to them.

Taliban are phenomenal fighters they are not what we face in Kashmir and always they have good numbers and equipments.
Reminds me of an old quote by a former Spetsnaz...
Russian Infantry - Not good
Russian Special Forces - Very Good

Aditya Roy

Country flag
They have Comtacs, but numbers I don't know, posted earlier by Falconslayer

View attachment 97090
Yes, don't think they are yet acquired in bulk or haven't been standardized yet. This is from their recent exercise(in Feb) with Turkish SFs. The Turks have them, unlike the SSG(Zarrar unit).

Some pics from the exercise(SSG-Black)

Video -

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Yes, don't think they are yet acquired in bulk or haven't been standardized yet. This is from their recent exercise(in Feb) with Turkish SFs. The Turks have them, unlike the SSG(Zarrar unit).

Some pics from the exercise(SSG-Black)

Video -

Why wear black?

AVINASH4061

Country flag
Very rarely we actually see SF units from the North East wearing helmets, is there any particular reason ? @AVINASH4061 sir
Is it due to weather conditions or does it impede movement and awareness in the jungles?
1. The NE Units don't have it.
2. Even if they had, it's extremely difficult to walk in those jungles with the Helmets on at all times.
3. It would be prudent to put them in anticipated risky areas and similar kind of ops.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag

Global Defence

Articles