Indian Special Forces

AVINASH4061

Country flag
First time desert camo was showcased in 2015 in some Military Expo.
Paras were seen in this camo during a Joint excercise with US.
The Green camo is now being used by CRPF very soon the ww2 camo will be phased out.
Pattern unauthorised hai Sahab, any constipated senior afsar can pass a warning shot! Sab apna apna dekh lo jab tak koi kuch na bole...... the story ends.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Pattern unauthorised hai Sahab, any constipated senior afsar can pass a warning shot! Sab apna apna dekh lo jab tak koi kuch na bole...... the story ends.
Koi kabhi iske bare me discuss nahi karta he kya sir upper command me?
One would expect standardisation after so many years?
Also sir do u see any scope of supplying products to forces, there is a space for gloves and coms in the future, nothing too much of a rocket science.

Gessler

Country flag
Garuds???
NSG National Bomb Data Centre guys most probably.

Scramjet

Country flag
NSG National Bomb Data Centre guys most probably.

Yes its them only

MuzzleVelocity

German, russian, chinese, amreeki, jai ho and other rants thread nothing else, except for a few posts
What's exactly happening with Indian SF though?
AFSOD - No clue
Modernization - Not Happening
New Ops - Not that we know of
New exercises - Minimal

The rest of this forum is batshit crazy anyway. A sane discussion comes up, it gets thrown into a thread no one reads. But everything is fair when Ghatak images or badly edited instagram videos prop up.

MuzzleVelocity

Let it go on...atleast something interesting came up.

Whats there to discuss in Indian SF..Saw newly updated pics of exercise of the Indian Army and the poor infantry man is still wearing 40 year old gear.

I don't even see our artillery men given plate carriers and good helmets that's actually the norm across Western armies. It's almost like Artillery units will be completely shielded from the enemy in times of war.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
The senior officials and bureaucrats are so much in love with the 80s...they forgot to upgrade.
Bro the problem is now a big one in the sense that even if we buy a First world gear and system the operator will still be a Third world with a Third world education and exposure.

Hence when people show hope in AFSOD i find it illogical.

Education and exposure wise our troops are already a good 25 years behind.(i would add pilots in that list too)

What do u think we will buy something from IKEA and next day our operators will know how to fire and move like a pro?Dont you see how sloppy our firing drills are.

Ditto for Night ops.Its not plug and play.

If you started today you would need atleast the next 10 years to bring all Para SF battalions on par and up there with the best.

And the best thing is we are not buy anything best of the best today for the SF.

9…SG and SFF are best COMMANDO battalions.

Special forces don't have the operation profile of the type these units do.

MuzzleVelocity

Some consider SF as line infantry
This surprises me a lot. Because right on the other side of the border you have SSG, which is very well structured. Man or man, Para SF can take them on, heck even our Ghataks can, but I have always wondered why is there a difference between the two armies in how they structure and treat their special forces.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
This surprises me a lot. Because right on the other side of the border you have SSG, which is very well structured. Man or man, Para SF can take them on, heck even our Ghataks can, but I have always wondered why is there a difference between the two armies in how they structure and treat their special forces.
The only reason Ghatak or Para can take them on is because of barbed wire and very good surveillance at loc.

Take them out and man vs man no one knows what will happen.

Global Defence

Articles