Indian Special Forces

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
They don’t need to have NCO classification. Just promote from the current system. I made a sergeant in 4 years within the US army framework. The promotion rates in IA are shocking. Being a sepoy for plus 5 years etc. no incentive.
The difference between your education and your LTs education would not be as big as it is here.

The quality of education in a small govt school from where these poor soldiers come and maybe a convent or a public school in a town or city is huge.

I hope you get my point.I am trying not to sound like a robot and hurt someones sentiments.

tejas10

Country flag
The nation needs to decide if the Indian military is a permanent jobs program with salary + benefits for life rather than a career wherein you might advance. I’ve been driven by too many 10 plus years service Jawans as a visitor to cantonments to guess otherwise. After I enlisted here in the states, I could not visit family at cantonments, so I can’t comment on further status.

tejas10

Country flag
The difference between your education and your LTs education would not be as big as it is here.

The quality of education in a small govt school from where these poor soldiers come and maybe a convent or a public school in a town or city is huge.

I hope you get my point.I am trying not to sound like a robot and hurt someones sentiments.
I absolutely get your point man.It’s a prescient statement. I hope as India advances, these differences become smaller. I recall reading similar things in the USSR Forces in Afghan

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
I noticed you are former para sf. Wanted to ask your experience on high altitude training in IA. It’s very well regarded worldwide. I did a course in Bridgeport, CA and there was a cadre who had the HAWS badge in his office. I never got a chance to ask him much about it.
No offence but would you introduce yourself?

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
No comments on experiences? I’m particularly interested in the rappelling structure. Y’all use a system that is banned here
The rate at which the USA and it's NATO allies change the tactics and equipments is phenomenal. The amount of R&D and thinking that supports the soldiers is again unprecedented. The story is not the same in a country like India where the priorities are still not understood. Here things don't change unless the accidents force us to upgrade. Also all these things fall back to the basics of economy. But let me assure you, whatever may be the technique in abseiling, it is accident free and it's been use for a good number of years in the harshest of the mountains. Thanks

tejas10

Country flag
The rate at which the USA and it's NATO allies change the tactics and equipments is phenomenal. The amount of R&D and thinking that supports the soldiers is again unprecedented. The story is not the same in a country like India where the priorities are still not understood. Here things don't change unless the accidents force us to upgrade. Also all these things fall back to the basics of economy. But let me assure you, whatever may be the technique in abseiling, it is accident free and it's been use for a good number of years in the harshest of the mountains. Thanks
I am sure man, IA has quite a reputation for mountain warfare. They live and breathe that terrain daily for years. NATO had like 1-2years whererin they had to restart the fort drum school after the Kunar Valley incidents in AF.

I am sure, my friend 😂. I am not going to discuss IA mountain op experience. I’ve read earth shattering info on wiki instead, so can’t imagine the actual thing

tejas10

Country flag
I am sure man, IA has quite a reputation for mountain warfare. They live and breathe that terrain daily for years. NATO had like 1-2years whererin they had to restart the fort drum school after the Kunar Valley incidents in AF.
Stuff like this is hella motivational, these people are crazy, and tactically genius

tejas10

Country flag
I would Also like to add to you and the general forum that the big army bullshit is prevalent here too. Aside from a couple of “look forward” units like mine (82nd. 173rd, and SOCOM, it’s pretty much a bureaucratic nightmare) Let’s a just say, when 1 ID or whom ever is sent from pac command to train with IA, it’e not to exactly the best representation.

the green weenie affects all.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Bhai saab my uncle is an instructor in CRPF for COBRA and has never seen a single dual tube NVG forget about quad one. May be the guy is wearing a demo piece. He said " one thing is certain that it is a demo piece. If this piece of equipment ever comes into the system then we will first see it with the army". And when I asked him about its use then he said that they do not use NVGs, they use flood lights in ops.
This is CRPF QAT BTW. :)

CRPF COBRA do have some NVG but floodlights.........LOL.

rkhanna

Country flag
The rate at which the USA and it's NATO allies change the tactics and equipments is phenomenal
What I have been saying since I first landed on this forum. This evolution is about keeping the troops in line with current technology and technology lead battlespace. SOCOM is already preparing to pivot towards special operators who are also well versed in cyber warfare. The implications on the iq / education levels of intake would be a paradigm shift.

The Russians / Israelis / British /French / Germans are already thinking along those lines - 3D ISR data fusion / AI lead battle field operations.

Like I said. We are being lapped (again). We are only oriented towards fighting COIN as easier to win medals that way

Hellenic Zeus

Country flag
Can we improve from this?? It's not giving us high hopes especially from a person like you who has seen these stuff first hand

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
What I have been saying since I first landed on this forum. This evolution is about keeping the troops in line with current technology and technology lead battlespace. SOCOM is already preparing to pivot towards special operators who are also well versed in cyber warfare. The implications on the iq / education levels of intake would be a paradigm shift.

The Russians / Israelis / British /French / Germans are already thinking along those lines - 3D ISR data fusion / AI lead battle field operations.

Like I said. We are being lapped (again). We are only oriented towards fighting COIN as easier to win medals that way
Why dont we take lessons from corporate sector?

I am a civil pilot and we are trained every year on new modules and courses are alloted all in an application for us to be updated.

I was so shocked when i was talking to a AF pilot when she told me that only recently has CRM course/ training been made mandatory in the AF.

Whereas its considered a basic training even in a small airline anywhere in the world.

I am like 10 years ahead technology wise compared to a AF pilot of my experience.

rkhanna

Country flag
Why dont we take lessons from corporate sector?

I am a civil pilot and we are trained every year on new modules and courses are alloted all in an application for us to be updated.

I was so shocked when i was talking to a AF pilot when she told me that only recently has CRM course/ training been made mandatory in the AF.

Whereas its considered a basic training even in a small airline anywhere in the world.

I am like 10 years ahead technology wise compared to a AF pilot of my experience.
The problem is education and I mean lenght and breath of this country. Including the IITs. Honestly as global benchmarks go its all substandard. Innovation in the private sector is also being driven primarily from ideas and experiences being imported into the country. Even our corporate sector is reactionary compared to global corporates rather than being a vanguard.

Yes wr have few pockets of excellence but for a billion people the % is incredibly poor

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles