Indian Special Forces

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
1 in 10 is a very high number, but yes, it is enough to validate the command staff selection, and you cannot deny the rot in the high table, there's something really wrong about people who get up there,
Brig. SS Shekhawat was discriminated by his seniors in his ACR, this is just one of the stories, we have gems like CDS Bipin Rawat and Naravane Saab, they would choose their successors carefully
But look at the artillery deal for example, the American M777 had a barrel burst during high altitude trials, but they bought it anyway without much halla-balla, but when it comes to Indigenous stuff, there seems to be a "Force'' in action,
Even The Saudi army has started evaluating the Kalyani 52 Gun, arguably the best in class, but humare yaha aisa hi hota hai BC :frusty:
I think m777 barrel burst due to indian ammunition sometimes they filled extra explosive (ofb)

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Well my point was about their lack of education and exposure and more importantly willing to change with times.

In my life after leaving fauji cantt with a lot of respect for faujis until now approaching my mid 30 after having worked with ex faujis i find them really hard to work with in my field of work.

They are by no means the best in anything but they only want to believe so and want others to not question or correct them and this is highly dangerous attitude in myline of work.

So whenever i come to this thread i get more than anyone else why there are problems with the overall military scheme of things here.

This 60s era mindset wont help in anything at all.

Meanwhile Gora sahabs are all changed.

I went to London to train with gora and all ex AF and Navy people i met.Strangely they are all different people.

Sala mein sahab hu waha nhi chalta.

Anyway guys lets move on to some other topic.We are opening a gutter only.

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
I have seen army kids take JCOs with them for non official work too, just to show off and scare other kids in school or their friend circle.
I have seen Good quality ration for Army canteens going to the Senior officers home before going to canteen warehouses.
Many more serious things ongoing since independence.
I think this is the reason why JCO fall into honey trap

SKC

Country flag
Well the salaries aren't that high. They can be called upper middle class at best.
Then how come their kids are all over EU and US? I have lived next Sec-37 , Noida. Sec-37 was allocated by Noida Authority for Army families only.
The whole sector is filled with army families. I grew up playing there. Almost every family has member settled abroad!

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Russian FSB guys with HK MR308 rifle. If the russians can get it, why cant we?

View attachment 87466
Sig716i would be a better and the only option as we don't need to smuggle civilian ar10 as we have sigs in service with army.one thing indian sf has done good is standardisation in assault rifles to some extent by tavour but tavour should be replaced by a new gun now.

Ayushraj

Country flag
Russian FSB guys with HK MR308 rifle. If the russians can get it, why cant we?

View attachment 87466
Since our military is verrrry slowwww in military modernisation.
Even pak army had better sniper rifle as compared to us until 2019
. Pak army snipers(using US sniper rifles m24, awm, m82, Rangemaster,etc)caused large number of casualties in our army from 2008-2019.
For 10 years our sniper rifle were outranged from pak army sniper rifle

SKC

Country flag
Well my point was about their lack of education and exposure and more importantly willing to change with times.

In my life after leaving fauji cantt with a lot of respect for faujis until now approaching my mid 30 after having worked with ex faujis i find them really hard to work with in my field of work.

They are by no means the best in anything but they only want to believe so and want others to not question or correct them and this is highly dangerous attitude in myline of work.

So whenever i come to this thread i get more than anyone else why there are problems with the overall military scheme of things here.

I went to London to train with gora and all ex AF and Navy people i met.Strangely they are all different people.

Things are actually very different with British. They don't hesitate to point out mistake in their seniors.
There is a very popular Joke story in army circles:

US, British, French (third nation can be any western one) Naval Chiefs were debating on who have most daring troops!

1. French: Let me show you: calls a soldier and tell him: Go take 5 rounds of this aircraft carrier deck.
French soldier does.

2. US: this is nothing, calls his soldier and tell him: Go take 5 round swim in ocean around this aircraft carrier. US soldier does the same and comes back.

3. British one: you guys are nothing! see my soldier, call his soldier and tells him: Go take 50 swim around this aircraft carrier.
British soldier: "Are you nuts! Go f**k yourself!"

British Chief won!

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Sig716i would be a better and the only option as we don't need to smuggle civilian ar10 as we have sigs in service with army.one thing indian sf has done good is standardisation in assault rifles to some extent by tavour but tavour should be replaced by a new gun now.
i was talking about HK products in general but i agree with you..

Aspirant847

Country flag

What do you do?

Aspirant847

Country flag
Then how come their kids are all over EU and US? I have lived next Sec-37 , Noida. Sec-37 was allocated by Noida Authority for Army families only.
The whole sector is filled with army families. I grew up playing there. Almost every family has member settled abroad!
There can be many factors bro, and these days it's not very expensive to send your child to Europe.

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
Since our military is verrrry slowwww in military modernisation.
Even pak army had better sniper rifle as compared to us until 2019
. Pak army snipers(using US sniper rifles m24, awm, m82, Rangemaster,etc)caused large number of casualties in our army from 2008-2019.
For 10 years our sniper rifle were outranged from pak army sniper rifle
Nahi aab north western part mai sako trg wali snipers aayi hai

Articles