Indian Special Forces

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars kisi ko batan nahi pan @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR is the actually the original Colonela Rajesh. The above avatar is just a disguise. Has been in many secret operations. 🤫
Ya i wanted to join SF but a close one died on LOC.

Then my family didnt let me give NDA exam.

I was going to join Merchant navy until i found out i could be a civilian pilot too.

So thats my story.

Aspirant847

Country flag
Ya i wanted to join SF but a closed one died on LOC.

Then my family didnt let me give NDA exam.

I was going to join Merchant navy until i found out i could be a civilian pilot too.

So thats my story.
Asked my dad, his view is more futuristic, men in Infantry are only the muscle and the muscle doesn't have any importance. But the action and the fun is in the muscle, but then you can't actually change something for your country or help it.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
There is serious issue with
You mean cover story.. Colonel RAWjesh
Ya'll Nibbiars yeah thats the story drafted by the RAW. Well ever heard of the black tiger?. The kaushik?. Well coldheartavaitor codename is black panther. 😎

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars yeah thats the story drafted by the RAW. Well ever heard if the black tiger?. The kaushik?. Well coldheartavaitor codename is black panther. 😎
Well all pakis i met in europe while ordering "indian" food which they serve happily they seemed to be convinced i am Paki from Sialkot untill i took out my card to pay.

rkhanna

Country flag
Then how come their kids are all over EU and US? I have lived next Sec-37 , Noida. Sec-37 was allocated by Noida Authority for Army families only.
The whole sector is filled with army families. I grew up playing there. Almost every family has member settled abroad!
I am sorry that's a jump to conclusion thats not worth furthering. Enough military kids go abroad to study by getting scholarships and taking student loans. And then they work their arses of by making sure they succeed. I know enough such people including family members.

Are there corrupt officers. Sure. But you wil find more honest than dishonest

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Then how come their kids are all over EU and US? I have lived next Sec-37 , Noida. Sec-37 was allocated by Noida Authority for Army families only.
The whole sector is filled with army families. I grew up playing there. Almost every family has member settled abroad!
May be some veterans @Hellfire can clear this misconception.

Hellfire

Country flag
May be some veterans @Hellfire can clear this misconception.
Really can't comment much.

A mix of well to do families having prodigies as officers already? (this was a trend 40 years back, officers from well off family would be more) and/or officers willing to take loans to send their children out of India with the caveat that once there, it is on them to perform and do well and children actually doing well?

Rarely, corruption. But not the blatant types. For example, if you are posted in certain appointments, you are just a rubber stamp and the system keeps a "cut" aside for you. Decisions are made at MoD level, you have no authority per se, you don't agree, noting will disappear, you will be posted out, a more "pliant team player" of an officer will be posted in. So, generally when one talks of corruption, one has to know that most of the officers are not Anna Hazare. Anna Hazares of this world do not survive. And you may be a great officer and not take your cut and still sign on. And you may be opportunistic in the sense that you may think that anyways you have no option as the decision is already made and you are absolved of any wrong doing, you may as well take the money and use it.

Before 6th CPC, one would be hard pressed as an officer to send child out. But people took education loans, used their salaries to support their children there and then paid of the loans from their retirement corpus ... to lead a better life as things improved. Know quite a lot of people who did that.

After 6th CPC, if an officer is wise, he will not only save, but will financially improve his conditions. There are people like me who purchased a car or bike quite late in life and instead, invested money .. diversifying portfolios and investment options over decades and who sit comfortably today.

Eg: posted in valley for 4 years, had neither a car nor bike (sold everything off), invested and controlled unnecessary expenditure (alcohol as don't take, malls etc). The salary, reduced expenditure and increased investments resulted in the tenure being economically a very good outing (although cursed every single day there ;))

Also, post release, quite a lot of ex-officers do end up in high paying jobs in private sector that enable them to afford it.

Know an ex-Havildar in a certain town in India (wont name the place) who picked me up to show me properties in a Hyundai Sonata and whose son drives an Audi. Sheer hardwork. 5 years post release from fauj, he was doing very well, sent his son to fauj, one son to London to do MBA.

Overall, I guess, a very unnecessary direction of discussion.

Know lot of Air Warriors from PBOR whose sons and daughters are doing very well and who were driving Vernas and Honda Ctiy while in service in AFBs. Sons in IITs, Daughters doctors/dentists/Flight attendants.

People are generally doing well over the past 3 decades - enjoying the fruits of post 1991 economic liberalization.

Hellfire

Country flag

There is a house of late Maj X (name redacted) in Type V flats there (expired long time back). He quit army when his CO told him that other than being a fauji, he wont amount to much in life had it not been for fauj (he had taken on CO over some point where the former was wrong and had been proven right and CO was pissed off at him). He was one of those types who took that as a challenge.

Last I remember, he had started with some company (cant recall the name) at a senior management level and invested in properties around Secunderabad (in huge quantities; we used to call him owner of Secunderabad over his holdings) when there was nothing much there except Military garrison of Hyderabad and field firing ranges at Shamirpet....... Then he had the foresight to buy land around Dabur (the swamp now the site for Vaishali near Gaziabad). Everyone called him nuts when he was buying parcels in the mosquito infested swamp there.

Rest, as they say, is history. :)

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Vbss indian navy.... Recent pic.... I think process to replace the sterling with jpvc is also picking up pace.... Meanwhile notice the helmet and the comtacs.....

View attachment 87391
I don't think that is JVPC, looks like one of the bastarf ak carbines like amogh or something

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Well the salaries aren't that high. They can be called upper middle class at best.
You dont need that much salary to send your kids abroad.Banks will give you loans for higher studies if you clear IELTs with a 6.5 or 7 pointer score and have the scope of getting admission to a good university.The place frkm whwre i come from,going abroad to place like canada, Germany italy Uk, Australia is too common.(ps:i am just a middle class common man from village backgrounds).
You dont need to have a multimillionaire dad to get a student visa to those places.
Btw though this thing is offtopic, just commented because i thought it was worth recrifyjng some misconceptions.

Articles