Indian Special Forces

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Vbss indian navy.... Recent pic.... I think process to replace the sterling with jpvc is also picking up pace.... Meanwhile notice the helmet and the comtacs.....

View attachment 87391
That is not JVPC, that is the Amogh Carbine.
Also those aren’t Comtacs, it’s just a basic integrated communications system.

rkhanna

Country flag
Vbss indian navy.... Recent pic.... I think process to replace the sterling with jpvc is also picking up pace.... Meanwhile notice the helmet and the comtacs.....

View attachment 87391
These are not comtacs in the way you intend. Every VBSS commandar has to have comms back to the ship they launched from. So this js just that. Commander Comms. They have had then for donkey if years.

rkhanna

Country flag
Looks like Soviet troops of the era. Soviets were also badly equipped for the time compared to their EU counterparts.
Things changes in Russia after 2 Chechan wars, Putin jacked them up seriously.
Russian Troop kit bettered in the past 4-5 years. Because whatever the Russian military did during and post the Chechen wars was unaffordable. Rising comodity prices helped a bit but was short lived. Hence the thrust on Missles , submarines, long range bombers and SOF. The rest of the Russian military is for parade grounds

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Russian Troop kit bettered in the past 4-5 years. Because whatever the Russian military did during and post the Chechen wars was unaffordable. Rising comodity prices helped a bit but was short lived. Hence the thrust on Missles , submarines, long range bombers and SOF. The rest of the Russian military is for parade grounds
Our tanks are for parade grounds too.

I studied in Army school throughout my life.Once it was near an Armoured Brigade.

We use to observe as kids daily one tank going for a drive/run.

Once i asked the guard at the gate about tanks and why they run a tank a day.

I was shocked at the amount of effort and resources just to keep them alive.

Then there is some serious problem with the Officer mindset at senior level.

Russia despite being an enemy of NATO and US left its ego aside to copy western size of modernization.

Israel got independence in 1948 and look where it is..a country smaller than NCR in population.

rkhanna

Country flag

I studied in Army school throughout my life.Once it was near an Armoured Brigade.

Russia despite being an enemy of NATO and US left its ego aside to copy western size of modernization.

Israel got independence in 1948 and look where it is..a country smaller than NCR in population.
Agree, if it took the Chinese for us to realise that we need night vision capability on our BMPs we are doomed.

We are only fit to beat on the morons to our west and sing sarejaha se accha.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Agree, if it took the Chinese for us to realise that we need night vision capability on our BMPs we are doomed.

We are only fit to beat on the morons to our west and sing sarejaha se accha.
Lucky us we have bigger morons to our west.

We are a incompetent Army doing good only coz of the sacrifices of young soldiers and officers.

Which was the story of Kargil.

SKC

Country flag

Gaurav Arya in his videos constantly says that Senior Indian army officials can not even imagine to have their kids studying in EU or US and cant afford luxury. This is complete BS!
Almost all Senior army officers have their family in West! Most's kids are studying and even working abroad.
There is serious issue with Senior leadership in Armed forces. But due nationalistic issues no one bother to touch them.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Atleast it's happening, dair aaye dorost aaye.
Once the ball starts moving, it moves.
But speed needs to be increased.
Wat if t 99 is faced by our t 90s at lac?

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
Gaurav Arya in his videos constantly says that Senior Indian army officials can not even imagine to have their kids studying in EU or US and cant afford luxury. This is complete BS!
Almost all Senior army officers have their family in West! Most's kids are studying and even working abroad.
There is serious issue with Senior leadership in Armed forces. But due nationalistic issues no one bother to touch them.
Take col MM Nehru for eg 95% of Ranks above col have their kids in luxury jawans do all of their chores they sip coffee their miss seems to be the wisdom of knowledge to wife of an OR kids act superior to kids of OR or jco as a army brat I have felt that

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag

View attachment 87391
Bhai, Coast Guard Special Task Force member with OFB AMOGH. Instagram ya Pinterest se uthaya kya ? Agar ha to pakka galat info daalte hai apne mann se assume karke. Navy ne kabka reject kiya Amogh & conducted trials of JVPC 2 years back but no update yet of any related development.

SKC

Country flag
Take col MM Nehru for eg 95% of Ranks above col have their kids in luxury jawans do all of their chores they sip coffee their miss seems to be the wisdom of knowledge to wife of an OR kids act superior to kids of OR or jco as a army brat I have felt that
I have seen army kids take JCOs with them for non official work too, just to show off and scare other kids in school or their friend circle.
I have seen Good quality ration for Army canteens going to the Senior officers home before going to canteen warehouses.
Many more serious things ongoing since independence.

Aspirant847

Country flag
Well the salaries aren't that high. They can be called upper middle class at best.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
How many officers though? And how accurately does anyone know?
maybe 1 in 10 officers is corrupt, is it enough to invalidate the other 9 officers and put them in the same bracket as the corrupt one?
1 in 10 is a very high number, but yes, it is enough to validate the command staff selection, and you cannot deny the rot in the high table, there's something really wrong about people who get up there,
Brig. SS Shekhawat was discriminated by his seniors in his ACR, this is just one of the stories, we have gems like CDS Bipin Rawat and Naravane Saab, they would choose their successors carefully
But look at the artillery deal for example, the American M777 had a barrel burst during high altitude trials, but they bought it anyway without much halla-balla, but when it comes to Indigenous stuff, there seems to be a "Force'' in action,
Even The Saudi army has started evaluating the Kalyani 52 Gun, arguably the best in class, but humare yaha aisa hi hota hai BC :frusty:

Articles