Indian Special Forces

VictorDelta4

Country flag
Now it's going into PCs from Armasen and Cryce persion for top units some units are buying olive planet and some are buying some PC manufactured by some ex Army guy in UK or something like that(attached pics are the one I am talking about) and the hydration packs and battle belts before I have no clue

View attachment 256956

View attachment 256957
this seems more like a Police vest design rather than military. Specially that radio pouch on the shoulder strap!

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Sir. they have had 2 SF "Mixers" for PR purposes. Thats all i know for a fact.

That does not make a unit. Anything other than actual proof is just BS

For a timeline

1. 28 Sept 2018 - AFSOD was announced/Approved
2. 28 Sept 2019 - (IN 12 MONTHS!!!) - The "Unit" conducted its first Ex - Op Smelling Field
3. Later that year DANX-2019 was held in ANC
4. The Division was supposed fully operational in Nov 2019
5. 24 Nov 2019 - AFSOD Det was deployed to Kashmir for COIN

The above timeline should tell you 2 things

1. We dont know what we are doing
2. We are not serious about this to even learn

Since 2019 Radio Silence. Potential meaning - probably back to the drawing board. (i am hoping anyways)
There is no unit without a Quater Guard,Adjutant and a CO...unless its a spy unit.

rkhanna

Country flag
Guyz plz don't go in much details about AF---SOD, the guy who leaked the photo of their logo was handed a prison sentence for 7 yrs!
Was the guy a member of AFSOD? if he was -

Considering these were supposed to be our Top Tier Operators - This begs the below questions -

1) Is our selection so poor or the candidate field so poor for such basic immaturity to be present?
2) Can we afford to send our best to Jail for 7 years for a disciplinary infraction?

PS - 7 Years denotes something completely Different under Mil Regs - Even Official Secrets Act would have different gradients of punishment.

Lastly - if men in uniformed have been court martialed there has to be a public record - can you dig it up? it will have the details of sentencing.

Arad Operator

Country flag
Considering these were supposed to be our Top Tier Operators - This begs the below questions -

1) Is our selection so poor or the candidate field so poor for such basic immaturity to be present?
2) Can we afford to send our best to Jail for 7 years for a disciplinary infraction?

PS - 7 Years denotes something completely Different under Mil Regs - Even Official Secrets Act would have different gradients of punishment.

Lastly - if men in uniformed have been court martialed there has to be a public record - can you dig it up? it will have the details of sentencing.
First of all not everyone needs to be a SF operatives to run a Division sized formation! Its a whole formation not a SF battalion.

1. Maturity comes with age and experience, the guy got a sentence bigger than his service maybe...
2. If someone is doing this type of silly mistakes then he/she isn't surely our best.

For some things, their are no official record, things related to very highly classified units never come in public, the logo getting leaked was a lapse as if the formation wanted to reveal the logo then we would have seen officers with shoulder patches like they wear for commands and schools.
Take the Brahmos misfire case as an example, do we know what happened to people responsible part from a bunch of headlines copy pasting the same stuff? No!

rkhanna

Country flag
First of all not everyone needs to be a SF operatives to run a Division sized formation! Its a whole formation not a SF battalion.
That is why i asked - is he a soldier?

1. Maturity comes with age and experience, the guy got a sentence bigger than his service maybe...
2. If someone is doing this type of silly mistakes then he/she isn't surely our best.
a follow up quesiton then - what is a child doing in the SOD in the first place then? is this essentially just another Direct Action Unit?

If you go across the worlds "Stamped" SOF units - what is the average age? mid to late twenties. If you go to the Ranger Regiment / RMC etc etc - what is the average age - post Teen to early/mid twenties.

For some things, their are no official record, things related to very highly classified units never come in public, the logo getting leaked was a lapse as if the formation wanted to reveal the logo then we would have seen officers with shoulder patches like they wear for commands and schools.
Take the Brahmos misfire case as an example, do we know what happened to people responsible part from a bunch of headlines copy pasting the same stuff? No!
Sirji - I have had family members serve in the Indian Army going back to WWII. They have served in Infantry, Armour, Paras and SF in 62, 71, Lanka, Kargil and a number of other places. Unless the Unit is operating out of orbat everything will be done within Regs. The Soldier can even appeal to a civilian court. Cannot be hidden.

WRT to the Brahmos misfire - yes the information is public. the COI is out. I believe the Group Captain and the entire team was held responsible. the WC has filed an appeal in high court i believe i read last.

Just to point out that things are not that easy to hush - Even the entire fiasco of the 3CISU and MG Sekhawat and Gen Suhag is on record.

Whether the Media or Public CHOOSES to enquire is a whole different thing.

Coming back to the question at hand. 7 Years for a discipline infraction is extraordinarily harsh. but thats my 2 paisa - its been a few years since i have been in loop with active personel

VictorDelta4

Country flag
Yes mostly used by infantry in army rn Ig maybe cause it's cheaper than other options available rn
SMPP (correct me if I am wrong about the name) makes better ones which they showcased. I would assume that since its govt owned or under its oversight, it would be easier to get them in large nos.

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
Guyz plz don't go in much details about AF---SOD, the guy who leaked the photo of their logo was handed a prison sentence for 7 yrs!
Babus can hand a dude 7 year prison for leaking the logo bkl yha itne ache suggestions dete hai wo bhi padh lia kr(I actually didn’t know this happened)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles