Indian Special Forces

cyclops

Country flag
How many botched up ops will keep happening this year. Kulgam, Rajouri, Kokernag, Poonch, and now Kalakote.

And why is SOF being called in for sqaud rescue when RR units have QRTs dedicated for this specific task? Even by some officers admissions RRs QRT can be as effective as the paras.

This is so frustrating.

To me, it feels like this bound to happen if you cordon yourself from criticism, make decisions in a silo, riposte with "bloody civilians" every time your actions are being spotlighted and 20 other things.

If 2023 doesn't FORCE REFORMS onto the IA leadership, I don't know what will.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
These last two Para SF pinning is by ex pak army infantrymen or ssg.

retired soldiers are finding holes in our soldiering and making us pay

We need to stop the superior soldier bs that they are fed

even the lowest latino army will be able to take on 20 years old sorrunded on all sides..point being its not a big deal

we need to start training on basics of modern day combat..our soldiers and officers are illetrate about these things

imagine if 2-5 retired soldiers are upto this what will chinese clash cause us

Still nothing is lost..except precious lives

wake up indian army wake up

Last edited:

Kumaoni

These last two Para SF pinning is by ex pak army infantrymen or ssg.

retired soldiers are finding holes in our soldiering and making us pay

We need to stop the superior soldier bs that they are fed

even the lowest latino army will be able to take on 20 years old sorrunded on all sides..point being its not a big deal

we need to start training on basics of modern day combat..our soldiers and officers are illetrate about these things

imagine if 2-5 retired soldiers are upto this what will chinese clash cause us

Still nothing is lost..except precious lives

wake up indian army wake up
not ex paki army IMO. These are likely their pupils. Which is even more embarrassing.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
There are many negative aspect of Para SF but this recent losses in Rajouri were unavoidable/avoidable is worth discussion.
NDTV reports that there was a sniper present who took out Capt Pranjal and rest were taken out while trying to evacuate the injured officer. If that terrorist had a good sniper rifle then even the best of the best would have suffered had they been on the receiving end.
Now, what I am really unsure of is whether there was even a sniper present or not. I can only see a AK-47.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I’m not belittling any sacrifice. You claim they would shine in any other country. This is what i’m countering. How are they special in comparison to any other SFs or soldiers in any other country? What have they done that makes you believe they would shine in any other country. Sitll genuinely lost here.

Look, the problem is with the command and mid level officers looking for promotions and pensions. That’s it. The men in general are just like any other SF.

Anyway, it’s mind boggling that the Indian Army has one of the largest budget per capita, and they still make amateur mistakes which even African militaries do not make. The fucking kill ratio is less than 1:2 and the army refuses to take accountability and hides behind killing two terrorists whivh was entirely possible because of the men they tell to “shut up” on the battlefield,

Honestly, reading more about the Indian militaries operations make me more blackpilled. Your upper brass tells your field officers to do thjngs like “shut up” when they explain any sort of shortcoming, while they constantly promote their homies to become generals and get pensions.

It’s absolutely sickening and disgraceful,
Outcomes do not equal input

the actual human capital we are talking about here are not the issue.

you seem to be under the false assumption that individuals that volunteer for these kinds of units are plentiful in the global population when in reality they make up a absurdly small fraction- even within the armed forces they are a special kind of soul.

so put those people in a system that rewards and builds on their capabilities and you’ll seek them flourish. It’s kind of like how you have so many Indians in senior management positions of global companies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
There are many negative aspect of Para SF but this recent losses in Rajouri were unavoidable/avoidable is worth discussion.
NDTV reports that there was a sniper present who took out Capt Pranjal and rest were taken out while trying to evacuate the injured officer. If that terrorist had a good sniper rifle then even the best of the best would have suffered had they been on the receiving end.
Now, what I am really unsure of is whether there was even a sniper present or not. I can only see a AK-47.
Don’t agree. You don’t make it a level playing field

again why are these guys operating in broad daylight and walking into ambushes again and again? That’s a tactics problem

abingdonboy

Country flag
In 1999 after Kargil. a Whole bunch of us said the same thing.

Who was held responsible for that fiasco? That’s the issue. Failure isn’t punished in the military (or government as a whole really), in fact most will continue to fail upwards if given the opportunity

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Many times they claim extra ordinary things they faced but the facts come out to be something else.

pinch of salt added many times

Jedi Operator

Country flag
only an op sarp vinash 2.0 can fix my faith back on IA now
To most of the mere soldiers the answer is always simple. All you have to do was take out the ringleaders and the rest would fold like a pack of cards, putting the 'revolution' back twenty or thirty years. The IA leadership can not see this, and keeps banging on about the democratic society and working within the law of the land. They could smell easy medals based of sending their guys like that in the open to die.

Seems like the army brass bargains on how cheap life could get

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles