Indian Special Forces

Blood+

Country flag
Then we knew what happened in 1967
Dude, come on, 67 was an artillery duel where our boys got the better of them due to the comparatively superior positioning of our artillery units—nothing more and nothing less. There were no grand stratagems involved. I'm not saying we shouldn't celebrate this event, but let's not try to make it appear any bigger or grander than it actually was; we are better than that.

Kumaoni

Dude, come on, 67 was an artillery duel where our boys got the better of them due to the comparatively superior positioning of our artillery units—nothing more and nothing less. There were no grand stratagems involved. I'm not saying we shouldn't celebrate this event, but let's not try to make it appear any bigger or grander than it actually was; we are better than that.
And that was done by strategic adjustment of the artillery guns. rangerguy said we cannot adjust in wartime, which is purely false and nonsense. As recent as 2020 taking of mountain tops and another incident in 2019 which was accidentally released in my possession:

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

I collect coasters and stolen shot glasses from my fav bars from the countries I have visited :)
No titty shot glasses? They are quite popular

Kumaoni

I collect coasters and stolen shot glasses from my fav bars from the countries I have visited :)
Have you visited mexico by any chance? Top tier shot glasses over there my parents always collect them. I personally don’t drink as i’m a man of god.

Blood+

Country flag
So he was indeed from that era.
Would like for him to remember that The americans got “pinned down” by irregular milita men in somalia and ultimately chickened out of an offensive due to lack of air support and artillery in this time.
A militia that involved half the population of Mogadishu!! I think you are doing the muricans dirty on purpose here.

rkhanna

Country flag
Have you visited mexico by any chance? Top tier shot glasses over there my parents always collect them. I personally don’t drink as i’m a man of god.
Yes Multiple Times. I dive alot so Mexico and the Caribean I used to visit alot when I was living / Studying in Canada. Del Sur, Acapulco, Off Marias Island, Baja, Catoche. This was early 2000s. The Violence was alot lesser then.

Kumaoni

A militia that involved half the population of Mogadishu!! I think you are doing the muricans dirty on purpose here.
We were there too and we also fought several battles.
In one case a patrol of 16 held their own against a 300 sized militia till reinforcements arrived and routed them. 26 killed and equal numbers captured.

rkhanna

Country flag
The Pinning down had less to do with the population ratio/imbalance and more to do with the Clinton Administration refusing CAS for the initial raid. - My two cents. Without the aircover it was a disaster waiting to happen

Kumaoni

Yes Multiple Times. I dive alot so Mexico and the Caribean I used to visit alot when I was living / Studying in Canada. Del Sur, Acapulco, Off Marias Island, Baja, Catoche. This was early 2000s. The Violence was alot lesser then.
Cancun and Cozumel are very nice places to enjoy if ur ever feeling overly stressed

Kumaoni

The Pinning down had less to do with the population ratio/imbalance and more to do with the Clinton Administration refusing CAS for the initial raid. - My two cents. Without the aircover it was a disaster waiting to happen
Was a UN Peacekeeping mission so the americans couldn’t really show their true colors there.

I’m not shutting on them at all there are many things we can do that they do but the fact is to entirely dismiss the YOs, JCOs, and ORs if the indian army is absolutely mind boggling considering the history.

Blood+

Country flag
We were there too and we also fought several battles.
In one case a patrol of 16 held their own against a 300 sized militia till reinforcements arrived and routed them. 26 killed and equal numbers captured.
Seriously??!! Do you realize how absurd you sound right now??!! As impressive as this was, it was nothing compared to what the Americans had to face that day. A 160 guys scattered all over the city, full of hostiles. Yeah, what a fair comparison!!

rkhanna

Country flag
Was a UN Peacekeeping mission so the americans couldn’t really show their true colors there.

I’m not shutting on them at all there are many things we can do that they do but the fact is to entirely dismiss the YOs, JCOs, and ORs if the indian army is absolutely mind boggling considering the history.
Lets not forget the Paras and the Sikhs at Jaffna. Stuck in open ground, ambushed from all sides, out numbered. still adapted and some how tried to Charlie Mike. Prabhakaran sadly only took a round to his leg.

My two paisa

1) Large Number of our Soldiers are illeterate so Instruction is given via "Physical Repetition" of a task. See our Arty Soldiers jump around while loading a Gun. But there is a method to this madness. The Repetition of training becomes muscle memory - that muscle memory OVERRIDES Fight or Flight instinct in real combat.

BTW you will find the above the foundation stone of Military Basic training in every army in the world going back to Antiquity

2) ON TOP of that - the Average Indian NCO/JCO is has decently high IQ to get the job done. Its one place where the cultural instinctual leaning towards "Jugad" actually help.

Kumaoni

Seriously??!! Do you realize how absurd you sound right now??!! As impressive as this was, it was nothing compared to what the Americans had to face that day. A 160 guys scattered all over the city, full of hostiles. Yeah, what a fair comparison!!
I’m not talking just of mogadishu. I’m talking of the entire mission. The americans were planning on launching an offensive but didn’t due to lack of air support.

And we had a similar black hawk down in jaffna 1987.

Blood+

Country flag

I don't think that Ranger-man discounted the NCOs specifically or at least I didn't get that impression from @Bleh 's words. He was talking about the prevailing mindset of the top brass and from what I've heard, he was not that far off.

Kumaoni

Lets not forget the Paras and the Sikhs at Jaffna. Stuck in open ground, ambushed from all sides, out numbered. still adapted and some how tried to Charlie Mike. Prabhakaran sadly only took a round to his leg.

My two paisa

1) Large Number of our Soldiers are illeterate so Instruction is given via "Physical Repetition" of a task. See our Arty Soldiers jump around while loading a Gun. But there is a method to this madness. The Repetition of training becomes muscle memory - that muscle memory OVERRIDES Fight or Flight instinct in real combat.

BTW you will find the above the foundation stone of Military Basic training in every army in the world going back to Antiquity

2) ON TOP of that - the Average Indian NCO/JCO is has decently high IQ to get the job done. Its one place where the cultural instinctual leaning towards "Jugad" actually help.
Large number of our sipahis come from poverty, so it makes sense. In comparison many here in states join to just gain life experience. I myself am considering joining the USMC.

Blood+

Country flag
I’m not talking just of mogadishu. I’m talking of the entire mission. The americans were planning on launching an offensive but didn’t due to lack of air support.

And we had a similar black hawk down in jaffna 1987.
Nah, apples to oranges, ratio is completely off.

rkhanna

Country flag
Cancun and Cozumel are very nice places to enjoy if ur ever feeling overly stressed
Cant get myself to Do Cancun. Too many americans. Fucking annoying. Now you find them in ost European big cities as well. Barca Madrid, Lisbon, lol so i avoid those like the plaque.

Last 4-5 years i have been spending time on the east coast of Africa. Kenya, Seycelles, Maldives, Mauritias, Uganda.

Next year the other side for me. Senegal.

Kumaoni

I don't think that Ranger-man discounted the NCOs specifically or at least I didn't get that impression from @Bleh 's words. He was talking about the prevailing mindset of the top brass and from what I've heard, he was not that far off.
His words about top brass after 1996 are absolutely correct. But the army even up til brigadier is a beast of its ow.

Kumaoni

@rkhanna Jaffna helidrop for all its failures was absolutely legendary. 100 paras vs thousands of ltte guerillas. I shudder to think what would happen to paras if they faced a similar situation now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles