Indian Special Forces

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
India should learn lessons from unprecedented attack on Israel, says NSG Chief
October 12, 2023 05:31 pm | Updated October 13, 2023 09:43 am IST - New Delhi

The Director General of National Security Guard, M.A. Ganapathy, emphasised the importance of the human element and skilled personnel in counterterrorism efforts
Vijaita Singh
VIJAITA SINGH

NSG Director General M A Ganapathy addresses during the National Security Guard (NSG) Raising Day Counter-Terrorism Seminar, at DRDO Bhawan in New Delhi. | Photo Credit: ANI
National Security Guard Director (NSG) General M.A. Ganapathy said on Thursday that in the wake of the terror attack in Israel, India needs to have a crisis management response framework at the national level on extreme terrorist scenarios. He said despite the technological advancements, it is the man and weapon which make the final difference.
The chief of the elite counter-terror and counter-hijack force said that scale and proportion of the unprecedented terror attack in Israel would never have been envisaged as the terrorists could get under the radar of extremely sophisticated technological infrastructure and perpetrated the ghastly act.
“There are two lessons to be learnt here. We need to have a framework of crisis management response at the national level on extreme terrorist scenarios and while the reliance on technology is imperative, it has to be complemented by highly skilled personnel who are at the pinnacle of their craft. We need to constantly invest in the skill upgradation of our personnel who are the ultimate redeemers in a terrorist response mechanism, ultimately it is the man and the weapon which make the final difference,” Mr. Ganapathy said.

Kumaoni

Comparing a skirmish with the humiliation of being routed on all fronts in 62 is the utmost display of inferiority complex 😑
True i should take it take that a radom quora larper who has the physical fitness of a landwhale is very accurate in his remarks

Kumaoni

The Sikhs got wiped out to the last man precisely because their commanding officer failed to adapt, unlike the Paras.
Add on- the Sri Lanka ordeal shows exactly what happens between peacetime trained formations and war drilled formations.

For example. Some battalions who were deployed in tough areas like Siachen, NE, etc already had world class SOPs, and the results showed. They would notch up kills of 20-92 (highest I've seen in a regular battalion) and take very less casualties, in their tenure. They would be able to conduct over 6 operations per day.

Meanwhile, the peacetime formations and units brought in from a peace tenure, some of whose officers and jawans were lterally monitoring golf tournaments (according to GOC 54 inf division) would make such rookie mistakes and get ambushed and suffer very heavy casualties. One battalion was attacked while the ROP was resting and had suffered 10 kia alone.

Zoid Raptor

Country flag

Is this possible for spl. forces?
Waaaow our media being the joker media
IDF themselves stated that this operation by Shayetet 13 is a firefight to recapture Sufa military post from Hamas terrorists but our dickhead media never misses an opportunity to sensationalize

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
True i should take it take that a radom quora larper who has the physical fitness of a landwhale is very accurate in his remarks
When had denial helped anyone?
I don't have an opinion on his opinion, but this i said WAS true... When you get chased through the whole Arunachal till the plains of Assam & some had escaped into neutral Bhutan in the way, then showing off a mere arty-duel where nothing substantial was achieved... It utterly pathetic.

Add on- the Sri Lanka ordeal shows exactly what happens between peacetime trained formations and war drilled formations.

For example. Some battalions who were deployed in tough areas like Siachen, NE, etc already had world class SOPs, and the results showed. They would notch up kills of 20-92 (highest I've seen in a regular battalion) and take very less casualties, in their tenure. They would be able to conduct over 6 operations per day.

Meanwhile, the peacetime formations and units brought in from a peace tenure, some of whose officers and jawans were lterally monitoring golf tournaments (according to GOC 54 inf division) would make such rookie mistakes and get ambushed and suffer very heavy casualties. One battalion was attacked while the ROP was resting and had suffered 10 kia alone.

Exactly my initial point about that Ranger's opinion... The IA is too diversely vast & non-homogeneous to have any single quality standard.

Blood+

Country flag
When had denial helped anyone?
I don't have an opinion on his opinion, but this i said WAS true... When you get chased through the whole Arunachal till the plains of Assam & some had escaped into neutral Bhutan in the way, then showing off a mere arty-duel where nothing substantial was achieved... It utterly pathetic.
Very well put. Although, to be fair to the rank and file soldiers, I'd say, 90 percent (or maybe even more) of the time they had to disengage and run because they ran out of ammo. The resupply situation, especially in the eastern theater, was so hilariously abysmal that within just 3–4 hours of making first contact, the 7th brigade had pretty much exhausted their ammunition reserves.

Exactly my initial point about that Ranger's opinion... The IA is too diversely vast & non-homogeneous to have any single quality standard.
But that guy ran with the Ghataks and if that's the opinion he had of them, then I'd hate to imagine how the situation would be with the rest of the army.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles