Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Delta and or DEVGRU ready to go get Americans held hostage in Gaza

the most populous country on the planet with the largest diaspora should have similar kinetic capabilities but has nothing of the sort, esteemed leadership in Delhi thinks every external issue can be resolved via talks

(please no one even mention SG for this role)

8B9D2174-7CD3-4916-82CA-544EFFCFC037.jpeg

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
What's with the Vietnam flag?
I’ve decided to put flag patches of every country I’ve visited, only issue is I’ve to source velcro flag patches from UAE, Qatar, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, SL and Nepal, but they aren’t easily available in India. It’d be great if anyone could please direct me to any store selling em in India.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I’ve decided to put flag patches of every country I’ve visited, only issue is I’ve to source velcro flag patches from UAE, Qatar, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, SL and Nepal, but they aren’t easily available in India. It’d be great if anyone could please direct me to any store selling em in India.
Go to thailand and u will get flags of every country

Kumaoni

for me it would be:
mexico (multiple times)
India
jamaica
Greece
Italy
Switzerland (absolutely worth it)
Austria (amazing country)
Germany (visited only munich tho)
Costa rica
Soon to add: Jordan and Egypt (pray to god i don’t get bombed lol- though i could fuck up any isis member in a hand to hand fight)

Kumaoni

This is absolutely BS. JCOs have proven a multiple times in the real world of being extremely flexible and looking for out of the box solutions. (Real world i mean actual war - from the Helo Hopping In the east in 1971 to the taking of Siachen to the taking of the Heights against the chinese a couple of years ago)

Few examples against the Americans

In Cope India 2004 IAF pilots out fought the Americans purely basis their Strategy - they repeatedly changed fighter mix against USAF opfor changing AoA and flight profiles against US Defenders causing whole host of problems. The Example of IN Subs repeatedly breaching USN defenses is posted above. in an SOF ex the Paras dropped furtheer away from a target they were to assault. crept up from a different direction and suprised the Americans. in a Joint Ex in America the Gurkha's even with no Night Vision were quieter through the forst suprising the Americans on a number of occasions.

I could go on and on and on.

This is by far the dumbest thing i have ever heard posted on Quora.
One example from 1965.

In tithwal sector, the Pakistanis with one SSG and three reg companies (from indian source) attacked an indian battalion who had three coys. This was because the indian regular battalion launched a commando op to destroy paki infra
They attacked in three directions:
>The attack to D company was destroyed by a counter counter attack by a certain young lt. with a platoon
>Attack on C company overran-two platoon. Coy commander was wounded and so was sr JCO. A certain subedar held out with the last platoon and captured three enemy personells.
>Attack on A. company pratically disoriented the whole company. You wanna know what happened? CO and Sub Maj personally stood in front of fleeing troops and reorginazed them. Then the A coy commander launched a counter counter attack and even a JCO who was in the Reg Aid post rejoined the battle (won VrC). CO was restricted and held back from personally joining. 12 hours later A coy recaptured their post. Sub Maj himself was wounded.

3 sena medals, one vir chakra were awarded.

Battle was won. 111 pakis lay dead. 3 captured. Such levels of resourcefulness and tenacity is unheard of in western armies.

Those boys on that night were not going to lose. Period. I don’t care which army you throw that them from that time in 1965.

rkhanna

Country flag

I collect coasters and stolen shot glasses from my fav bars from the countries I have visited :)

Blood+

Country flag
I once came across a rant made by a Ranger or Delta or something on Quora. American guy.

He rated individually Indian personnel were far below themselves or any NATO ally at combat capability... His opinion was it's not only tech or equipments. The very Indian attitude is problematic. I learnt that all military training exercises are a choreographed joke, with the same tactics being brainlessly used without any attempt to improvement or trying to find the effectiveness or weakness.
Gave an example of how one Swedes sub once "sank" an American carrier in exercise. That it'll never happen in an Indian exercise, because there everything always goes according to plan.
What a surprise!! Chinese military delegations had pretty much came to the same conclusion way back in 1961!! Guess nothing has changed since then.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles