Indian Special Forces

Jedi Operator

Country flag

kaboom

Country flag

1693746902755.png

IS THAT A STROBE????????????????????????????????????
(don't give me hope)

kaboom

Country flag
Even if it is to uska kia kare achar Dale? Bina nvgs they are useless
they are also used to track/detect and differentiate troops/squads via drones ,helicopters and aircraft's FLIR cameras at night as both friend and foe look the same under IR.
We have started to use drones recently for command and control quite extensively ..

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
The Pathankot one was a EOD officer, an IED went off killing him instantly

I think it can be counted as a combat casualty, he even got the Shaurya Chakra posthumously
Boobey trapped body iirc, that’s some hardcore jihadi stuff.

that said I never understood why a very qualified EOD tech (he was a combat engineer iirc) felt the need to do the clearance of that body personally. Since then NSG have seemed to emphasise remote disarmament/disposal heavily but fog of war of course.

I still think NSG will always struggle to be proficient if they don’t have a permanent cadre. Everyone that served during Pathankot has long since left the organisation

there are SEALS in DEVGRU still serving that were on the OBL raid in 2011 similarly with CAG and the Baghdadi raid.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
they are also used to track/detect and differentiate troops/squads via drones ,helicopters and aircraft's FLIR cameras at night as both friend and foe look the same under IR.
We have started to use drones recently for command and control quite extensively ..
Aha makes sense tnx

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Aha makes sense tnx

kaboom

Country flag
I get the utility of strobes, but against advanced near peer enemy who has NVGs its almost like shouting "i am here come kill me".
thus they are not generally switched on unless called for when facing near peer enemy similar to how they use LAMs only switch on when shooting .
also if both of them have strobes on it can cause blue on blue or chaos .

Now a days its risky to use them against militants too as many of them have thermals now

Kumaoni

that said I never understood why a very qualified EOD tech (he was a combat engineer iirc) felt the need to do the clearance of that body personally. Since then NSG have seemed to emphasise remote disarmament/disposal heavily but fog of war of course.

I still think NSG will always struggle to be proficient if they don’t have a permanent cadre. Everyone that served during Pathankot has long since left the organisation

there are SEALS in DEVGRU still serving that were on the OBL raid in 2011 similarly with CAG and the Baghdadi raid.
Contrary to popular belief the jihadis our men face are quite hardcore and have been such tactics since 90s. They even have advantage of disguise because they can easily look like an Indian army soldier and infiltrate a camp

Kumaoni

I also think RR should have permanent cadre tbh at least permanent officer cadre

abingdonboy

Country flag
I also think RR should have permanent cadre tbh at least permanent officer cadre
Considering RR are about the only formation in the Indian military that engages in operations in anger I think the rotational nature of it and the fact it is all-arms is a good thing. Without having deputations to RR the vast majority of the Indian army would never see combat in any shape or form and they are struggling with a peacetime mentality enough as it is

(AR same story)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles