Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
So it's evolving just backwards
NSG is a weird beast, IA and IPS in the same outfit headed by IPS, under MHA

post 26/11 they have hubs in all 4 corners of indiaand have started to blur the SRG/SAG distinction with the SCGs

so you’ll have SAG/CTTF with some of the more proficient assaulters and I suppose relatively decent gear then you’ll have some SRG/SCG guys driving around acting more as a blocking force/CAT/SWAT

on top of this you have the entirely separate 52 SAG/anti hijack boys

so not only are they massive in size they are geographically very spread out now and you have very different roles/mandates under one roof

Hence it’s almost impossible to assess the NSG as a whole, some units are 2012 spec, some 2015, some 2018, some 2020 all at the same time

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

post 26/11 they have hubs in all 4 corners of indiaand have started to blur the SRG/SAG distinction with the SCGs

so you’ll have SAG/CTTF with some of the more proficient assaulters and I suppose relatively decent gear then you’ll have some SRG/SCG guys driving around acting more as a blocking force/CAT/SWAT

so not only are they massive in size they are geographically very spread out now and you have very different roles/mandates under one roof

Hence it’s almost impossible to assess the NSG as a whole, some units are 2012 spec, some 2015, some 2018, some 2020 all at the same time
And even with all the changes it went through I really wonder when para boys go back do they not feel the difference between there equipment? Did they not feel like a need of advance sniper courses before 2021 after spending time at nsg which has a dedicated sniper school or they do realise it's just it's not something they have control over? Hell some general should be sent to nsg to look at how the sigs should be knitted out

Kumaoni

They have taken it integrated it
There no question of getting it back
One who speaks about it must get his head checked
I won’t be surpised if this joke of a “nation” loses all of east Ladakh and several more hill states In an all out conflict.

Kumaoni

I had a bloody good day till whichever POS posted that picture ruined it. Thanks a lot, now I won’t get good sleep (again)

jai jaganath

Country flag
Meanwhile^^^
Im telling you the day paras get their own transgender commando battalion is not far
Delhi swat truly needs their own 26/11 to get on track
I am pretty damn sure personnels wouldn't know the full form of swat

Kumaoni

The history of NSG shows how they have adapted well to modern tactics.
They have done almost hundred HR ops, dating back in 1980s.
Eliminated very hardcore and well trained militants holed up.
I can only track 5 casualties of this force (2 in 1999, 2 in 2008, 1 in Pathankot but that wasn’t a combat fatality AFAIK, might be wrong)

When they did suffer 2 casualties (which is less than what para suffers against a similar OPFOR), and that too against 8 terrorists (paras haven’t faced this number since 2009), they immediately revamped and became a effective CT and HR fighting force.

In 2015, they were globally on par but they seemed to have stopped progressing barring few units.

Regardless, they far superior and miles ahead of the Para jobless militiamen

DumbPilot

Country flag
I had a bloody good day till whichever POS posted that picture ruined it. Thanks a lot, now I won’t get good sleep (again)
when the military doesn't give a shit, then why are you giving one. it's useless black pilling, enjoy your weekend

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
The history of NSG shows how they have adapted well to modern tactics.
They have done almost hundred HR ops, dating back in 1980s.
Eliminated very hardcore and well trained militants holed up.
I can only track 5 casualties of this force (2 in 1999, 2 in 2008, 1 in Pathankot but that wasn’t a combat fatality AFAIK, might be wrong)

When they did suffer 2 casualties (which is less than what para suffers against a similar OPFOR), and that too against 8 terrorists (paras haven’t faced this number since 2009), they immediately revamped and became a effective CT and HR fighting force.

In 2015, they were globally on par but they seemed to have stopped progressing barring few units.

Regardless, they far superior and miles ahead of the Para jobless militiamen
The Pathankot one was a EOD officer, an IED went off killing him instantly

I think it can be counted as a combat casualty, he even got the Shaurya Chakra posthumously

Articles