Indian Special Forces

kaboom

Country flag
MARCOs has a sniper team? Hopefully they use better sniper rifles than the ones para have, which can’t even go past 500 meters. If sniping culture is getting popular in MARCOS, this is another great sign.

Unfortunately though, these aren’t really SOF operations and such operations that you listed are tactical ops withzero strategic consequence in nature. There SOPs and tactics seem to be far better than what Paras do, who do the same 6 man brute force commando style charge on a militant hideout.

Bototm line- @adgpi take notes
The three times Marcos snipers have been seen in valley they carry Sako Tikka T3
Not the best in terms of range but accurate
images (27).jpeg

Jedi Operator

Country flag
MARCOs has a sniper team? Hopefully they use better sniper rifles than the ones para have, which can’t even go past 500 meters. If sniping culture is getting popular in MARCOS, this is another great sign.

Unfortunately though, these aren’t really SOF operations and such operations that you listed are tactical ops withzero strategic consequence in nature. There SOPs and tactics seem to be far better than what Paras do, who do the same 6 man brute force commando style charge on a militant hideout.

Bototm line- @adgpi take notes

Watch this, the only Indian SF interview where atleast he talks about shooting stance, bullet velocity etc and not any "thok diya usko" bullshit. MARCOs definitely has a sniper team and they also practice tradecraft but only operate in a tactical realm because they work with Naval Intelligence and DIA not R&AW or anything. Perhaps they failed to mimic DEVGRU's Black Squadron lol. Watch this, I've recommended several times, it's amazing

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Watch this, the only Indian SF interview where atleast he talks about shooting stance, bullet velocity etc and not any "thok diya usko" bullshit. MARCOs definitely has a sniper team and they also practice tradecraft but only operate in a tactical realm because they work with Naval Intelligence and DIA not R&AW or anything. Perhaps they failed to mimic DEVGRU's Black Squadron lol. Watch this, I've recommended several times, it's amazing
Does marcos has squadron system? Like red squadron and all?

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Does marcos has squadron system? Like red squadron and all?
more like alpha bravo I guess. NOT SURE, but possibly they have two on east coast, two on west. I guess SDV like teams are in Abhimanyu which had always been a chariot base. All I know is each command has equal number of guys, but INS Abhimanyu is slightly larger base. In 2016, INS Karna had about 300 guys. (All of this was on open source, you can still look upto INS Karna old figures)

zathura98

Country flag

kaboom

Country flag
"It was time for a much-needed hot meal. The commandos’ backpacks
held hexamine fuel tablets along with cooking stoves. A quick lunch was
rustled up using the smokeless, odourless, long-burning tablets. The meals,
ready-to-eat packs, contained rajma–pulao."

"Some of the men had puris and chutney for dinner as they prepared to go
without sleep for the third night straight."

this made me think if we even have MREs or not ,they are eating puri and chutney while conducting ops in mayanmar

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
more like alpha bravo I guess. NOT SURE, but possibly they have two on east coast, two on west. I guess SDV like teams are in Abhimanyu which had always been a chariot base. All I know is each command has equal number of guys, but INS Abhimanyu is slightly larger base. In 2016, INS Karna had about 300 guys. (All of this was on open source, you can still look upto INS Karna old figures)
Thank you for the response and what about assets do they have there own assets? There own winged unit?

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Thank you for the response and what about assets do they have there own assets? There own winged unit?
Marine Commando Flight. That's the one, similar to US Navy's former Redwolves who used to fly for SEALs in 1960s all the way to 1990s, until 160th SOAR became the standard across the SOFs