Indian Special Forces

Country flag
Here sir, we'll get to see more and more in coming days....till now only 2 para units (9&3) have bought X95s in this configuration, sources say they'll be getting NSG type weapons (i dont know what they meant from this) para is undergoing a lot of changes and re-org right now im optimistic on this one.

Last pic is of 3 Para(leftmost 2 guys), 9 para(the one with m4 and the one in covered ACH) and one marcos guy (old pattern marcos PC and green Jacket)

One more thing, the new PC+ Battlebelt setup was from 4 para.

View attachment 216324

View attachment 216325

View attachment 216326
So the pic of 2-3 para sf soldiers from Sudan rescue ops were from 3 para sf, and didn't borrow stuff from Marcos but was their own

Country flag
Here sir, we'll get to see more and more in coming days....till now only 2 para units (9&3) have bought X95s in this configuration, sources say they'll be getting NSG type weapons (i dont know what they meant from this) para is undergoing a lot of changes and re-org right now im optimistic on this one.

Last pic is of 3 Para(leftmost 2 guys), 9 para(the one with m4 and the one in covered ACH) and one marcos guy (old pattern marcos PC and green Jacket)

View attachment 216324

View attachment 216325

View attachment 216326
First and second pic is of which unit? 3?

jai jaganath

Country flag

View attachment 216324

View attachment 216325

View attachment 216326
Bro any idea regarding the latest pic where they say it will be standardized across all para battalions
It was by some twitter handle

Recon 9

Country flag

View attachment 216324

View attachment 216325

View attachment 216326
Two questions :-
1. Is 3 para sf use the same HC helmat from same company as of Marcos ??
2. Is 3 para the same unit which is seen with Marcos before or it was 10 ?

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Members listen this
Ok so why is SAS the best?
So this is because of this evolution we can talk about:

1. The SAS test a person both individually (hills phase), and ability to work in teams despite tough conditions and being able to make up for resources and equipment (jungle phase)…..

2. The British Military is small, so they had to rely on Special Operations, compare this to the US who would invade a country with it's full force. The situation happening in Grenada and Panama were similar to what happened in Oman in 1970s and the SAS were sent in.

3. The SAS keep evolving in new theaters very rapidly. They went to Northern Ireland and their out of the box thinking help them develop counter terrorist drills, VIP protection drills, surveillance, CQB, evasive driving etc.

4. Varied Experience from their sisters in arms. They went to Malaya previously, many who served in the Rhodesian SAS had experience of jungle warfare over in Africa and many who served in NZ and Aussie SAS had experience in Vietnam and they eventually came to the British SAS. (Officers and troopers from NZ, Rhodesian and Australian SAS could transfer to 22 SAS).

5. The four tenets of SAS, established by David Sterling himself
a.) The unrelenting pursuit of excellence.
b.) Maintaining the highest standards of discipline in all aspects of the daily life of the SAS soldier
c.) The SAS brooks no sense of class and, particularly, not among the wives.
d.) Humility and humor: both these virtues are indispensable in the everyday life of officers and men

6. The SAS learn very quickly. Be it WW2, Jungles, Urban areas like Northern Ireland, working with the American Task Units in Iraq, the SAS were able to learn, adapt and overcome

Last edited:

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Major Jacob said this perhaps once, in his first interview. Watch the later ones, he also says "SF dont compete in the general sense, we learn from each other....." and he sticks to this several times in many later interviews. But unpe koi reel nehi banayega na kyuki usmei masala thori hei.
Secondly Maj Jacob probably knows what he talks about, he served in SG I believe. Because he said he met Meen Bahadur Thapa in a crack unit and saw him during an obstacle course vegera vegera. Then we know Meen sir is not from 11 Para, neither 9 Para. So most likely that's SG. We have never seen Maj Jacob in service uniform so cant say. He said he served in Deep Ops for more than a year, I wont believe if you tell me that Para SF does that, even 9 for that sake. They only operate for tactical theatres and they did have female int gathering in Kashmir but not any "very" deep behind enemy lines shit except in a war

kaboom

Country flag
Major Jacob said this perhaps once, in his first interview. Watch the later ones, he also says "SF dont compete in the general sense, we learn from each other....." and he sticks to this several times in many later interviews. But unpe koi reel nehi banayega na kyuki usmei masala thori hei.
Secondly Maj Jacob probably knows what he talks about, he served in SG I believe. Because he said he met Meen Bahadur Thapa in a crack unit and saw him during an obstacle course vegera vegera. Then we know Meen sir is not from 11 Para, neither 9 Para. So most likely that's SG. We have never seen Maj Jacob in service uniform so cant say. He said he served in Deep Ops for more than a year, I wont believe if you tell me that Para SF does that, even 9 for that sake. They only operate for tactical theatres and they did have female int gathering in Kashmir but not any "very" deep behind enemy lines shit except in a war
But will MOD allow someone exSG to become so vocal Social Media & Internet

Jedi Operator

Country flag
But will MOD allow someone exSG to become so vocal Social Media & Internet
he has never confirmed or denied that he was in SG. Infact, he never shows any of his service records nothing, comes on interviews yeah sure but does he share anything related to SG. He said in a Ted interview I guess, (not the speech) when someone asked him why he speaks about operations. And he said he never speaks about Special operations only about counter insurgency. I dont know why you guys never listen carefully. As for the social media presence of ex SG guys showing themselves in uniform there is one very famous guy from 1 SF, the instructor in Discovery channel's Para Probation didnt have his face covered. At least Maj Jacob is at his very best trying to keep that away.

PS - I just wish his podcast with The Team House be much better

Blood+

Country flag
The Myanmar raid should’ve been done by a ghatak. But the thing is this: paras went in and did the operation with 100% perfection, zero casualties. NSCN is also very well Trained. However- it was not an SF op, it was a highly laudable super infantry/ranger type of operation. For this we have ghataks, unless the paras are our new ghatak regimebht.

+would keep rotating a regular battalion or two to keep the urban guerilla doctrine in check with armed forces- who knows when we will need to intervene in a guerilla war again
Rangers are part of their SOF though, but yeah, they are geared more towards door kicking type missions, like our Para LI.

airborneCommando

Country flag
he has never confirmed or denied that he was in SG. Infact, he never shows any of his service records nothing, comes on interviews yeah sure but does he share anything related to SG. He said in a Ted interview I guess, (not the speech) when someone asked him why he speaks about operations. And he said he never speaks about Special operations only about counter insurgency. I dont know why you guys never listen carefully. As for the social media presence of ex SG guys showing themselves in uniform there is one very famous guy from 1 SF, the instructor in Discovery channel's Para Probation didnt have his face covered. At least Maj Jacob is at his very best trying to keep that away.

PS - I just wish his podcast with The Team House be much better
100% agree with you on this one, will add more to this if time permits

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I just wish his podcast with The Team House be much better
Great recommendation foreign guys make sure to keep the interview relevant somewhat to sf instead of jumping to aliens or ghosts nice Any more recommendations for Indian sf interview on other foreign channels?