Indian Special Forces

jai jaganath

Country flag
Look

Look at upper right portion of the picture , it's a cutout of some random Arab dood wearing kaafiyeah fixed in place by a ghutra and s a thawab shirt worn by sheikhs , lol
Imagine u are going for a raid in Arabic country and the moment u enter a room sheik there invites u for a glass of champagne

Last edited:

Kumaoni

Yeah, this political interference hogwash is raised by top brass nowadays too often to hide their incompetence it appears. I mean is it political interference which prevented IA from raising a separate SF regiment ? Is it political interference which made IA buys loads of T90 tanks while not upgrading the regular equipment of jawans ? Abs BS
Which upper brass member raises issue of political interference? The upper brass themselves loves the politicians

abingdonboy

Country flag
NE is starting to heat up. RPG attacks and mortar attacks. Kukis carrying sophisticated weapons and doing sniper attacks on BSF camps- interesting to see how SF will be used here (part 21 Para SF)
Expand CoBRA battalions and let them off the leash up there, the only time 21 should get involved is for HVTs or when there’s a target over the border that needs to be hit

i can’t get over the fact that for the 2015 Myanmar ‘surgical strikes’ 21 had to recall teams who were about to go on a freaking UN mission. Firstly sending SF on UN peacekeeping tours, for the love of god. Secondly this shows how maxxed out these SF btns are with their COIN commitments. The majority of their time should be devoted to training for their primary (offensive) mission not something CAPFs could work out. COIN really has killed the military mindset

Only this incident and a few smart officers in Northern command realising their SF battalions hadn’t conducted battalion level exercises made 2016 surgical strikes possible. I’m 100% sure 7 years later those units reverted to their COIN jobs and such preparation has been lost.

abingdonboy

Country flag
This (civilian) trainer seems legit but the physique of most of those NSG dudes, damn.

interestingly a lot of the the operational guys (assaulters), particularly in the hubs and CTTF seem to be some of the most jacked of the entire Indian SF community,SPG CAT/SIU are in the same ballpark

abingdonboy

Country flag
What is so precious/fragile about Indian elbows that these skater elbow pads are mandatory ‘commando’ issued equipment? How the heck did this infect the ‘commando’ community in India?

It’s not even about looks- the first thing these guys will ditch in the real world are those elbow pads and more than likely the knee pads so why wear them here? Firstly that they are posing for pics is dumb enough but adding details that serve no practical purpose shows a troubling lack of seriousness from who should be the most switched on and practical people in the military- don’t tell me political interference is to blame for this

abingdonboy

Country flag
They’ve held out longer than I expected but for sure they’ll be delivering a female ‘SF’ to March down a R-day parade within the next 2-3 years, the govt/service HQs have made it amply clear what they want.

the far more merit Based US military weren’t even able to keep females from being pushed through some of their hardest schools (Ranger) and into their most elite units (Green berets) although I’m sure their tier 1/JSOC units will be able to keep their assaulters away from this

Kumaoni

Expand CoBRA battalions and let them off the leash up there, the only time 21 should get involved is for HVTs or when there’s a target over the border that needs to be hit

i can’t get over the fact that for the 2015 Myanmar ‘surgical strikes’ 21 had to recall teams who were about to go on a freaking UN mission. Firstly sending SF on UN peacekeeping tours, for the love of god. Secondly this shows how maxxed out these SF btns are with their COIN commitments. The majority of their time should be devoted to training for their primary (offensive) mission not something CAPFs could work out. COIN really has killed the military mindset

Only this incident and a few smart officers in Northern command realising their SF battalions hadn’t conducted battalion level exercises made 2016 surgical strikes possible. I’m 100% sure 7 years later those units reverted to their COIN jobs and such preparation has been lost.
The Myanmar raid should’ve been done by a ghatak. But the thing is this: paras went in and did the operation with 100% perfection, zero casualties. NSCN is also very well Trained. However- it was not an SF op, it was a highly laudable super infantry/ranger type of operation. For this we have ghataks, unless the paras are our new ghatak regimebht.

+would keep rotating a regular battalion or two to keep the urban guerilla doctrine in check with armed forces- who knows when we will need to intervene in a guerilla war again

airborneCommando

Country flag
@airborneCommando any pic of 3 para sf you were referring to yesterday?
Here sir, we'll get to see more and more in coming days....till now only 2 para units (9&3) have bought X95s in this configuration, sources say they'll be getting NSG type weapons (i dont know what they meant from this) para is undergoing a lot of changes and re-org right now im optimistic on this one.

Last pic is of 3 Para(leftmost 2 guys), 9 para(the one with m4 and the one in covered ACH) and one marcos guy (old pattern marcos PC and green Jacket)

One more thing, the new PC+ Battlebelt setup was from 4 para.

IMG_20230729_112139_330.jpg

IMG_20230729_112049_015.jpg

IMG_20230729_112644_608.jpg

Kumaoni

Here sir, we'll get to see more and more in coming days....till now only 2 para units (9&3) have bought X95s in this configuration, sources say they'll be getting NSG type weapons (i dont know what they meant from this) para is undergoing a lot of changes and re-org right now im optimistic on this one.

Last pic is of 3 Para(leftmost 2 guys), 9 para(the one with m4 and the one in covered ACH) and one marcos guy (old pattern marcos PC and green Jacket)

One more thing, the new PC+ Battlebelt setup was from 4 para.

View attachment 216324

View attachment 216325

View attachment 216326
Finally! Now please have them train for sf missions for gods sake