Indian Special Forces

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Definitely but the point I'd he speaks like we can convert greenpine radar tech into fighter fcr
We don't have airborne radar
Indian subs can't talk with our bases
Our systems which include Russian American Isreali French can't talk and communicate coz they belong to different countries
And many other things
He had valuable insights into DARPA's management philosophy and how it contrasts to DRDO. He makes sense regarding the difference between the Indian and Turkish approach to defence manufacturing, particularly in drones where we can clearly see the difference in results despite their smaller budget. He has extensive interactions with various western govt organizations and private defence producers, so he has shown a good picture of what the Israeli and Swedish defence production culture is like. His logic about our submarine procurement madness is correct. His criticism of us procuring half a dozen different fighter types is correct. He was the first one to call out our MKI program's faults when we all believed those birds to be super fighters. Over the past years his criticisms of the MKI are also turning out to be accurate. Looking at the absolute state of our infantry, I don't doubt his criticisms of the prevailing mentality in our officer class and MOD either.

Lots of people are calling him out for his radar commentary, perhaps he's wrong there, but overall he's pretty good.

jai jaganath

Country flag
He had valuable insights into DARPA's management philosophy and how it contrasts to DRDO. He makes sense regarding the difference between the Indian and Turkish approach to defence manufacturing, particularly in drones where we can clearly see the difference in results despite their smaller budget. He has extensive interactions with various western govt organizations and private defence producers, so he has shown a good picture of what the Israeli and Swedish defence production culture is like. His logic about our submarine procurement madness is correct. His criticism of us procuring half a dozen different fighter types is correct. He was the first one to call out our MKI program's faults when we all believed those birds to be super fighters. Over the past years his criticisms of the MKI are also turning out to be accurate. Looking at the absolute state of our infantry, I don't doubt his criticisms of the prevailing mentality in our officer class and MOD either.

Lots of people are calling him out for his radar commentary, perhaps he's wrong there, but overall he's pretty good.
Sir he even claimed that the electronics of su-30mki can't get a cohesive and convergent situation awareness coz they can't talk to each other bcoz of difference in origin
I personally never appreciate any officers mentality infact written many things regarding their poor quality lack of common sense incompetency and etc but I place Iyer even beyond incompetent officers
Anyways everyone has different pov

Kumaoni

Indian Army officers before 2003…Iraqis are trained by us they will give a bloody nose to Amrekans!!

Before Ukraine..What can a small drone with payload of 4 kgs do hahahaha

Before the last Isaraeli conflict…Armour is the only God of conflict.

Before Boris lost respect…T90s gonna roll all over in any battlefield we go to!

Like a particular community cashes the land harvested by their forefathers for money for ash same way the new generation of Dumb officers have led us to this stage cashing in the respect earned by the previous generation.

This is not the Army of Sam Bahadur and i have doubts what would happen if we clash with a Titan!
Was watching republic day parades of 1987-1991. Even saw some from the 2000s, back then we showed our military might very well nowadays we have all women parades

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Sir he even claimed that the electronics of su-30mki can't get a cohesive and convergent situation awareness coz they can't talk to each other bcoz of difference in origin
I personally never appreciate any officers mentality infact written many things regarding their poor quality lack of common sense incompetency and etc but I place Iyer even beyond incompetent officers
Anyways everyone has different pov
Thats like you picking up small things and his own opinion like Bible that if one thing goes wrong then he is a liar.

Try to understand what message he is trying to give.

He is very right when he says Indian Army Generals made fun of the fact that 4 kgs payload drone is useless…And what did that drone do in Ukraine?

What happened to Russian Armour that Indian Army is so proud of in Ukraine???

So just overall see what he is trying to say!

Has anyone of your Majors or Colonel shown his type of intellect and awareness of global conflicts?

No.

Plus no one will question the military

jai jaganath

Country flag
Thats like you picking up small things and his own opinion like Bible that if one thing goes wrong then he is a liar.

Try to understand what message he is trying to give.

He is very right when he says Indian Army Generals made fun of the fact that 4 kgs payload drone is useless…And what did that drone do in Ukraine?

What happened to Russian Armour that Indian Army is so proud of in Ukraine???

So just overall see what he is trying to say!

Has anyone of your Majors or Colonel shown his type of intellect and awareness of global conflicts?

No.

Plus no one will question the military
I myself always been negative about our general's competency poor quality and lack of common sense
I mean even u know regarding my posts targeted always on them
But Iyer is no different in technical terms
Anyway every has different pov

Kumaoni

I myself always been negative about our general's competency poor quality and lack of common sense
I mean even u know regarding my posts targeted always on them
But Iyer is no different in technical terms
Anyway every has different pov
You also are no different in terms of this lol.

Kumaoni

Speaks the one who can't differentiate discussions based on technicalities and operations of past
Argues on the basis of ops conducted 20-30 years ago
I have critiqued the army numerous times. I called the Major who led that bungled operation and the 9 Para CO a piece of sh*t for using such CRPF level tactics despite being an “SF” unit.

I don’t care much for technicalities, I agree with you on most of this actually. Although you slight exxagarate your points are in the right direction of modern generals in the Indian army. However, there is also undeserved critique of the army that the they can’t adopt any another tactics, even though that’s only half true.

Also the latest Op I argued for was done in2007 , the one everyone here praises wasalso done 10 years ago :).

mcpo117

Country flag
I think Russian fiasco in Ukraine is a great learning opportunity for India. The hardware we rely on for decades have finally been battle tested and failed.
1. Battle Tank is no longer the god of war.
2. Large scale frontal invasion does not guarantee success.
3. Using Special Forces in conventional war is stupid.
4. Mini drones are the future of war.
5. Technology cannot fix incompetence.

How much we learn from this is a matter of debate.

Kumaoni

I think Russian fiasco in Ukraine is a great learning opportunity for India. The hardware we rely on for decades have finally been battle tested and failed.

1. I don’t think it ever was tbh, at least after the 1990s. Arty is real god of war. I hope upper brass stops importing so much god damn tanks and starts buying infantry and SF the right equipment
2. It’s very different when you go against a country who has billions upon billions of funding tbh. But India can’t successfully do an invasion of Bangladesh or even Sri Lanka or even Nepal.
3. Agree
4. Slight disagree
5. Nailed on the button

Jedi Operator

Country flag

3. one correction - using Special Forces in a conventional way during conventional war (or any other) is stupid

AnantS

Country flag
One thing which worries me is Drones being new guns/canons ..... IA still treating them as marquees and exotics. China has tested its scalability capability of drone industry in ukro-russo war. That is going to pose problem for us. Our nascent drone industry highly depends on chinese parts yet.

Hope we don't repeat complacency of ancestors.

jai jaganath

Country flag
I have critiqued the army numerous times. I called the Major who led that bungled operation and the 9 Para CO a piece of sh*t for using such CRPF level tactics despite being an “SF” unit.

I don’t care much for technicalities, I agree with you on most of this actually. Although you slight exxagarate your points are in the right direction of modern generals in the Indian army. However, there is also undeserved critique of the army that the they can’t adopt any another tactics, even though that’s only half true.

Also the latest Op I argued for was done in2007 , the one everyone here praises wasalso done 10 years ago :).
See point I was stressing that when guys speak about technicalities u come up with ops
Ok let's forget it
Coming to exaggeration sorry there is no exaggeration we are not only behind but even compromised wrt thinking I mean our overall military
I understand few guys keep hope and think points to be exaggerated but the the latter has gone through that phase
U will very well get to know how behind we are with contemporary world and result will speak for
Nothing else from my side

mcpo117

Country flag
1. I don’t think it ever was tbh, at least after the 1990s. Arty is real god of war. I hope upper brass stops importing so much god damn tanks and starts buying infantry and SF the right equipment
2. It’s very different when you go against a country who has billions upon billions of funding tbh. But India can’t successfully do an invasion of Bangladesh or even Sri Lanka or even Nepal.
3. Agree
4. Slight disagree
5. Nailed on the button
Bro mini drones have proven to be quite effective against personnel and armor.

Kumaoni

See point I was stressing was when guys speak about technicalities u come up with ops
Ok let's forget it
Coming to exaggeration sorry there is no exaggeration we are not only behind but even compromised wrt thinking I mean our overall military
I understand few guys keep hope and think points to be exaggerated but the the latter has gone through that phase
U will very well get to know how behind we are with contemporary world and result will speak for
Nothing else from my side
Respect your opinion but disagree. I also worry we will be left behind but then again, Galwan seemed to have woken up some generals. Keep in mind CRPFs modernized well, MARCOS as well. Hopefully army follows in suit

jai jaganath

Country flag
One thing which worries me is Drones being new guns/canons ..... IA still treating them as marquees and exotics. China has tested its scalability capability of drone industry in ukro-russo war. That is going to pose problem for us. Our nascent drone industry highly depends on chinese parts yet.

Hope we don't repeat complacency of ancestors.
And people constantly bag for private industries they got drone one what did they do baring few companies most of them directly imported Chinese ckd and assembled

Kumaoni

Bro mini drones have proven to be quite effective against personnel and armor.
Russians managed to defeat Bakryiytar or whatever it’s called later on.

Russians just have absolutely retarted tactics