Indian Special Forces

DIE UwU

Country flag
The same thing that happens in Kashmir with the deployment of Special Forces. This is British Special Forces in Northern Ireland taken from the book "First into Action" by Duncan Falconer

View attachment 212118
Wasn't MRF the unit that later formed SRR ,
Another specialized unit part of British Special Operation Command?
Correct me if I am wrong.

DIE UwU

Country flag
I believe that Marcos have pretty much checked all the individual equipment boxes for now(except comtacs) with decent overall kit.
Decent PC's , DTNVG's ,Good Helmets, Good Maritime Gear, Good Combat freefall gear, Good Boots.
All that is left is standardzinig comtacs , changing standard cammo( standardizing marpat only would be good enough), and getting decent battle belts and working on Better SOP's which it looks like is happening.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Wasn't MRF the unit that later formed SRR ,
Another specialized unit part of British Special Operation Command?
Correct me if I am wrong.
Not really. The MRF were disbanded and the 14 Int was created. They formed the SRR

JConline

Country flag
I believe that Marcos have pretty much checked all the individual equipment boxes for now(except comtacs) with decent overall kit.
Decent PC's , DTNVG's ,Good Helmets, Good Maritime Gear, Good Combat freefall gear, Good Boots.
All that is left is standardzinig comtacs , changing standard cammo( standardizing marpat only would be good enough), and getting decent battle belts and working on Better SOP's which it looks like is happening.
I think COMTACs isn't far from standardization either. Cause they had bought an experimental batch in black colour, the ones we saw at the Presidential Naval Guard and RIMPAC. Now the Tan coloured ones we're seeing means that they have placed an order for an additional batch. And considering that of late we have seen a lot of MARCOS operators in Coyote Brown PPE (Vest and Helmet), it can only mean that we're moving towards standardization of the COMTACs.
As for the camo situation, they're almost always seen in MARPAT when in Kashmir. And RIMPAC has proved that in Maritime and Ship Boarding scenarios the ACU works like a charm.

rkhanna

Country flag
The same thing that happens in Kashmir with the deployment of Special Forces. This is British Special Forces in Northern Ireland taken from the book "First into Action" by Duncan Falconer

View attachment 212118
Great Find. But a few nuances.

While the SAS/SBS got bogged down in COIN - they did evolve their tactices into the late 70s and 80s.

ALSO - during the above mentioned time the SAS was deeply involved parralelly in the Middel East and South East Asia

The SAS's evolution and experience through the 70s and 80s became the foundation of Delta and host of other units.

Therefore IMO it is not a like for like comparision of what the Indian SF is currently going through.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Great Find. But a few nuances.

While the SAS/SBS got bogged down in COIN - they did evolve their tactices into the late 70s and 80s.

ALSO - during the above mentioned time the SAS was deeply involved parralelly in the Middel East and South East Asia

The SAS's evolution and experience through the 70s and 80s became the foundation of Delta and host of other units.

Therefore IMO it is not a like for like comparision of what the Indian SF is currently going through.
fair enough

DIE UwU

Country flag
I think COMTACs isn't far from standardization either. Cause they had bought an experimental batch in black colour, the ones we saw at the Presidential Naval Guard and RIMPAC. Now the Tan coloured ones we're seeing means that they have placed an order for an additional batch. And considering that of late we have seen a lot of MARCOS operators in Coyote Brown PPE (Vest and Helmet), it can only mean that we're moving towards standardization of the COMTACs.
As for the camo situation, they're almost always seen in MARPAT when in Kashmir. And RIMPAC has proved that in Maritime and Ship Boarding scenarios the ACU works like a charm.
But what I don't understand is role of cammo in maritime and ship boarding scenarios , Cammo will do no good when you are on a motorized boat, this is the reason why no nato sf units including the rich ones have different cammo for maritime ops.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Seems like high cuts will be standardized in Paras in 2 years or so
There is no standardisation in the Indian military, none. You still have the model 1974 co existing with ACH co existing with Patka co existing with high cuts in the same units, same AOs etc

need to drop the idea there will ever be uniformity amongst these LARPers

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Even in pictures their equipment looks godawful and unsuitable

Jetpacks>Ergonomic equipment
Well you should stop criticizing the military. I dont see why you think ergonomic equipment is important. Our commandos are "born to kill". They wake the sun up every morning and lift mountains for PT. They look at carrot to make it a rich source of Vit A. They just cant fly so that's why they needed Jetpacks. I hope the mandate is clear to you now.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Though offtopic,where can i buy affordable -and good quality tactical pants in India apart from Tactical Gears India?
I think Major Avinash's company has just introduced one