Indian Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag
paras chose to accept the situation and adapt accord
They don't have a choice in the matter sir. Those are their orders. SF command ultimately are Para rgnt officers keeping one eye on life after the SF/Paras - so they are subservient to command and stopped fighting for their men long time back.

Kumaoni

CO of 2 Para (SF), Colonel Gurdeep Bains in 2001 View attachment 209704

Very different from the way the officers hold accountability now it seems
Btw, his attitude led to a very successful string of operations in parkaram, across the LoC and back. Making improvements, they went From 21 teerorosts to eliminating 83?terrorists in a span of 3 years. 2 Para SF. More than 9:1 kill ratio. And they did this with zero air support.

What gives? Perhaps the fact that they likely relied on other methods of elimination, like ambush patrols, going across the LoC.

A8981D39-4A01-48BB-8D3D-B87A7A7E6993.jpeg

Last edited:

ManhattanProject

Country flag
"You" guys are better qualified to think and comment than a conventional soldier/officer/veteran about how SOF is supposed to behave or operate?

I'd like to know how and you want me to believe that the original post is absolutely on point? Any military gathering is in a uniform. Medals are achieved not granted. On field conditions do warrant removal of all shiny things but calling bullshit everytime just because you believe that it shouldn't be done that way is definitely hatred.
If you are not the army you are not allowed the talk ok.

images (7) (4).jpeg

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Btw, his attitude led to a very successful string of operations in parkaram, across the LoC and back. Making improvements, they went From 21 teerorosts to eliminating 83?terrorists in a span of 3 years. 2 Para SF. More than 9:1 kill ratio. And they did this with zero air support.

What gives? Perhaps the fact that they likely relied on other methods of elimination, like ambush patrols, going across the LoC.

View attachment 209742
Read about col bali and 21 RR exploits..they had more kills than 9 para when they ruled.

21 rr coy commanders names were famous in pok and one particular chap was chased until his posting in dehradun

Kumaoni

any links? I have been trying to dig up everything I can about 90s operations.

So far I’ve only been able to find Operation Dudhi in 91, Operation Safapura in 1998, and exploits of various infantry battalions from Punjab and Kumaon and Dogras.

Read about col bali and 21 RR exploits..they had more kills than 9 para when they ruled.

21 rr coy commanders names were famous in pok and one particular chap was chased until his posting in dehradun

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
any links? I have been trying to dig up everything I can about 90s operations.

So far I’ve only been able to find Operation Dudhi in 91, Operation Safapura in 1998, and exploits of various infantry battalions from Punjab and Kumaon and Dogras.
I am not sure..Try the book on RR although i am not sure if it has 98-99 story

armyofhind

Country flag
Don't bother, that book is not for civilian. Read my article instead. It is <= the book 😜

I was interested in the book because it's always best to glean info from primary sources.

Ops history of the RR through the 90s is what mainly I want to learn more about.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
They don't have a choice in the matter sir. Those are their orders. SF command ultimately are Para rgnt officers keeping one eye on life after the SF/Paras - so they are subservient to command and stopped fighting for their men long time back.
So the macho attitude gives way to promotion and benefits

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Don't bother, that book is not for civilian. Read my article instead. It is <= the book 😜

Kisi purane fauji ko pakad k aur details nikalo..

When did the coloured patches start and why?

When were bmps used?

When were RR told to be soft by the generals?

when did the RR use ex miltants and how?

when did rr unit have more kills and reach than para

if we dont cover all these then the real fun history is not covered

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
Kisi purane fauji ko pakad k aur details nikalo..

When did the coloured patches start and why?

When were bmps used?

When were RR told to be soft by the generals?

when did the RR use ex miltants and how?

when did rr unit have more kills and reach than para

if we dont cover all these then the real fun history is not covered
Russian also have same unit like RR but I forgot its name if someone knows

Global Defence

New threads

Articles