Indian Special Forces

EternalNxg

Country flag
Play MoH 2010 instead, Warfighter sucks.
Oh fuck off respectfully. Warfighter is a good game, just because of its shitty multiplayer it got hated on and people overlooked the main campaign like it never existed. It's a good depiction of actual events that happened not a long time ago. Although I do agree the previous one (2010) was better, as that game's main focal point in it's campaign was roberts ridge and the battle of takur ghar.

mcpo117

Country flag
Warfighter is a good game, just because of its shitty multiplayer it got hated on and people overlooked the main campaign like it never existed. It's a good depiction of actual events that happened not a long time ago. Although I do agree the previous one (2010) was better, as that game's main focal point in it's campaign was roberts ridge and the battle of takur ghar.
well said. both the games are good. RIP Mother.

airborneCommando

Country flag
Oh fuck off respectfully. Warfighter is a good game, just because of its shitty multiplayer it got hated on and people overlooked the main campaign like it never existed. It's a good depiction of actual events that happened not a long time ago. Although I do agree the previous one (2010) was better, as that game's main focal point in it's campaign was roberts ridge and the battle of takur ghar.
Warfighter was more of a demonstration of the tier 1 units' capabilities. The game was way way ahead of its time.

Spadex

Country flag
[
I don't understand why Indian SF units rarely have IR laser/Illuminators on their rifles. Isn't that a crucial component for aiming at night with NVG's?
Mepro mor and ITL mars have inbuilt visible and IR laser. Ofcourse not as powerful and precise as Dedicated LAM but can do the job (chalta hain attitude)

abingdonboy

Country flag
The IAF is no different..

Electronic Flight Bag were inducted in USAF in 2012..My airline in India inducted it in 2015ish..You know when did the IAF induct it?…2021!!!!!!

Crew Resource Management training which is mandatory in civil sector started in good airlines in the last century and part of my airline since day 1..When did the IAF think it is important??

2022 !!!!!
CRM for the multi crew roles I is guess you mean? Fair enough to keep the fighter boys aggressive and solo centric.

I’m pretty sure the EFBs only came with specific fleets (maybe C17s(?)) and even then I don’t think it’s universal across the fleets now (they were an option for Rafale that IAF cheaped out on (after spending $55m per freaking plane one ISE). IAF doesn’t innovate just adopts tech when it’s available in someone else’s brochure

skunk works

Country flag
The first way to solve a problem is to admit there is one…..

there’s probably the capacity to solve this without even getting many foreign instructors in, just finding the right guys and sending them on the right courses abroad or even just creating a specific unit with a specific mandate that operates away from the COIN environment of India and gets some real real world experience

‘we are the best blah blah blah’ attitude of the senior most military leaders who feed this nonsense to their civilian overlords is going to see this same cycle repeated in perpetuity

there’s something about Indian/south Asian mentality and always trying to get away with the least amount of effort and maximum corner cutting, jugaad mindset maybe? Chalta hai?

the day when China humbles india is not far, instead of introspection I know what the response will be- denials, chest thumping and opaqueness then a complete shift in narrative. The Chinese don’t play desi tit for tat games, they are a civilisational player and india doesn’t seem to recognise this is a civilisational fight
In the 1780s, French mercenary Benoit De Boigne was training Mahadaji Scindia's forces and was asked his opinion on Indian fighting techniques. He is talking about the Marathas here:
He said 2 giant armies would face each other and there would be occasional cavalry skirmishes. If the commander was especially enterprising, they would launch human wave attacks on each other.
Even those were poorly managed. It consisted of large disorganized clumps of soldiers walking in all directions across the plain.
He said Indian forces were quick to take flight at the slightest reverse.
Anyway, both sides would go home and declare victory- and the political matter was mostly settled in court and Palace intrgue, with lots of bribes changing hands.

De Boigne introduced European fighting tactics beyond the English company's Cantonments. The most important part of these was holding your ground- holding land and holding your position. He had great trouble in getting it into the Indian psyche.

The fruit of this was seen at the battle of Lalsot when De Boigne led a maratha army against Rajputs. The Rathores were used to the enemy scattering before their massed cavalry charges.
They were surprised as they charged closer and closer, and the Scindia troops would not scatter. At the last moment, De Boigne shouted the order and the infantry parted, revealing gun batteries loaded with grapeshot.

The rajputs had some of their own European officers who had strictly advised them not to do that, because the grapeshot trap was very familiar to them. It is said by witnesses the Rathores got tired of waiting to charge and went 'fuck it, we are going.'
An example of Indians imagining that somehow gallantry will overcome technological deficit.

The rajputs took heavy casualties and those that survived must have been horrifically injured by grape at close range. Not to mention they lost the battle.

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
In the 1780s, French mercenary Benoit De Boigne was training Mahadaji Scindia's forces and was asked his opinion on Indian fighting techniques. He is talking about the Marathas here:
He said 2 giant armies would face each other and there would be occasional cavalry skirmishes. If the commander was especially enterprising, they would launch human wave attacks on each other.
Even those were poorly managed. It consisted of large disorganized clumps of soldiers walking in all directions across the plain.
Anyway, both sides would go home and declare victory- and the political matter was mostly settled in court and Palace intrgue, with lots of bribes changing hands.

De Boigne introduced European fighting tactics beyond the English company's Cantonments. The most important part of these was holding your ground- holding land and holding your position. He had great trouble in getting it into the Indian psyche.

The fruit of this was seen at the battle of Lalsot when De Boigne led a maratha army against Rajputs. The Rathores were used to the enemy scattering before their massed cavalry charges.
They were surprised as they charged closer and closer, and the Scindia troops would not scatter. At the last moment, De Boigne shouted the order and the infantry parted, revealing gun batteries loaded with grapeshot.

The rajputs had some of their own European officers who had strictly advised them not to do that, because the grapeshot trap was very familiar to them. It is said by witnesses the Rathores got tired of waiting to charge and went 'fuck it, we are going.'
An example of Indians imagining that somehow gallantry will overcome technological deficit.

The rajputs took heavy casualties and those that survived must have been horrifically injured by grape at close range. Not to mention they lost the battle.
Rajput won this battle

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

The concept of cleanliness,order,discipline was missing in the subcontinent before the Europeans came.(in cantonment)

Last edited:

DumbPilot

Country flag
CRM for the multi crew roles I is guess you mean? Fair enough to keep the fighter boys aggressive and solo centric.

I’m pretty sure the EFBs only came with specific fleets (maybe C17s(?)) and even then I don’t think it’s universal across the fleets now (they were an option for Rafale that IAF cheaped out on (after spending $55m per freaking plane one ISE). IAF doesn’t innovate just adopts tech when it’s available in someone else’s brochure
Honestly I don't think I've ever seen EFBs on a fighter pilot. Kneeboards yes, electronic kneeboards(yes, although rare)

Even the US Navy only conducted a research into it in 2020: https://hub.bignerdranch.com/hubfs/BNR Files/customer-success-story-navy.pdf

Same for the USAF, 2018: https://www.33fw.af.mil/News/Articl...ing-tablet-computers-for-use-throughout-aetc/

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

Airforce flying is much more than solo fighters.

CRM is also important for dual crew fighters like Sukhoi.

EFB is for non fighter aircrafts.

To not be current with the latest in the world is what i was talking about..IAF is 15 years behind the latest in the world.

And then most of the faujis you meet will come and tell you how they are the best.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles