Indian Special Forces

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Question is should these commanders on our side of the LOC be considered HVTs? or their handlers on the other side?

(From the Context of SG)
I think they should be they are essentially the one running the op from this side and can do alot of damage if taken down in their whole ecosystem yes they will be replaced soon pigs always have more pigs but does not mean we should not consider them HVT especially if they are hiding in sensative areas.

rkhanna

Country flag
I think they should be they are essentially the one running the op from this side and can do alot of damage if taken down in their whole ecosystem yes they will be replaced soon pigs always have more pigs but does not mean we should not consider them HVT especially if they are hiding in sensative areas.
no no i get all that. If these Commanders are SG's HVT - Who should SF Chase? Infantry? CRPF? RR?

I am assuming unit capability is matched with Importance of HVT.

No ecosystem gets taken down if you kill some commander on our side of the LOC. Reality is that the Factory model makes all of them despensible and replacable in a flash. Its all Plug and Play now. Its pretty much Wack-a-mole. The actual HVT's are on the otherside of the LOC and the IB. Thats what SG should be doing and SF should be going ofter these Commanders on our side of the LOC.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

@rkhanna sir this was what I was talking about its a pellet gun good for concealed weapon nothing more it's just something different and CAGs are moving on from them or already have

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
no no i get all that. If these Commanders are SG's HVT - Who should SF Chase? Infantry? CRPF? RR?

No ecosystem gets taken down if you kill some commander on our side of the LOC. Reality is that the Factory model makes all of them despensible and replacable in a flash. Its all Plug and Play now. Its pretty much Wack-a-mole. The actual HVT's are on the otherside of the LOC and the IB. Thats what SG should be doing and SF should be going ofter these Commanders on our side of the LOC.
Agreed but do we have actual SF capabilities thou? Hell even Paras themselves know deep down they are just special Infantry and everyone of them including marcos are just attached to RR units so when they are called they go in their is no solution to this problem unless you raise a special sf unit and actually use them as sf rn we have no sf as for SG and few para units they do them commander down on other side too we have seen it many times even recently when we got to know about them from pigs fb so it does happen it's just we use them as special Infantry too which is sad but it is what it is

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

His answer

Things don't work like that sir! It's based on INT and availability, if a certain unit got the INT first then they will start the. The SF teams aren't stationary, they're always moving...The nearest SF unit is sent towards the encounter site!

No, unit capability isn't matches with importance of HVTs!

Even it was a very HVT and there was no SF squad nearby then RR, CRPF and JKP will take down the pigs!

In this case, SG squad was roaming and was sent to take-on the Op!

They weren't specially called to do the OP!

rkhanna

Country flag
His answer

Things don't work like that sir! It's based on INT and availability, if a certain unit got the INT first then they will start the. The SF teams aren't stationary, they're always moving...The nearest SF unit is sent towards the encounter site!

Even it was a very HVT and there was no SF squad nearby then RR, CRPF and JKP will take down the pigs!

Yea i know this - my post was simply highlighting the above in a tangental manner -

Our SF Capability, planning and deployment is adhoc, The C&C / ORBAT is adhoc, the C&C is adhoc. The Intelligence Machinary is Adhoc and compartmentalized.

This is essentially a free for all - like playing football when we were kids. everybody on the pitch just chasing the ball.

We have simply created Alphabet soups to meet some middle management type KRA/KPI to get promoted.

Kumaoni

Spot on. This is the work and has always been the work of Rashtriya Rifles after the 2000s (solely) and as the Rashtriya rifles were expanding and growing in the mid 90s (it was in 97 when they first overtook regular army causalties in Kashmir), it was the responsibility of COIN school trained regular battalions in the inland and battalions doing LoC tenure on the LoC.

Using SG, a unit that was slated to attack Taliban in 1999 in Afghanistan, for such an infantry level operation, is foolish.

Kumaoni

Yea i know this - my post was simply highlighting the above in a tangental manner -

Our SF Capability, planning and deployment is adhoc, The C&C / ORBAT is adhoc, the C&C is adhoc. The Intelligence Machinary is Adhoc and compartmentalized.

This is essentially a free for all - like playing football when we were kids. everybody on the pitch just chasing the ball.

We have simply created Alphabet soups to meet some middle management type KRA/KPI to get promoted.
Adhoc appears to be the tactical scenario in Kashmir now. Basically, first come first serve (when it comes to killing terrorists). The conflict is too tiny for any major planned operations but large enough for an officers to get medals based on adhoc actions.

airborneCommando

Country flag
His answer

Exactly ! This is how things work in coin ops, no unit is specifically called for an op, it's just the nearest QRT, no matter who the target is.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

You know the flying time for a heli from Srinagar to Rajouri ...must be less that an hour or maybe an hour.

A SF unit based in Srinagar could cover the entire Jammu and Kashmir region in an hour provided they get air support.

Do we have anything like this?

Because SF unit or rather companies or teams are deployed as Infantry units and are used as Infantry units

The SF units don't complain much as this gets them very easy kills and medals which helps in increments and future promotions

Someone related to me is a very high officer in the Army and he agreed that modernisation is not upto the mark but he also said that funds go unspent.

Procurement funds are different than budget.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles