Indian Special Forces

apoorv465

Country flag
They are not. Grooming standards have a spectrum that they HAVE to abide by. Exceptions are given to SOF for mission specific reasons post which it's all shaved/cut.

The picture above is definitely not regular if Indian military at all. The possibilities are 1) SFF 2) 21SF in NE 3) CISU in the NE.

Though by the hair cut I would agree with the person above who said this is maybe a modelfanboy shoot of somesort
CISU?

Which unit is that?

rkhanna

Country flag
CISU is Corps Intel & Surv Unit - every Indian army corp has one and fall under Military Intelligence Directorate.

Their main job is prepping the battlefield for the main force. They can operate also operate in Urban environment.

Par SF often get seconded to these units for specific tasks.

3CISU in NE has a very dodgy reputation due to a past incident - you can google

abingdonboy

Country flag
"Mera desh badal raha hai"

Desi Captain Price showing off his gear😁
View attachment 80609
Looks like our boys started getting these Armasen Tactical Products (may be on personal level)

Right so who are the guys running and gunning with high end mil gear (that SDR is the biggest eye opener) self-styled as ‘punishers’?

I’ll reiterate my belief that this isn’t ‘vanilla’ PARA (SF), even the boots give that away

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Right so who are the guys running and gunning with high end mil gear (that SDR is the biggest eye opener) self-styled as ‘punishers’?

I’ll reiterate my belief that this isn’t ‘vanilla’ PARA (SF), even the boots give that away
You still havent changed your habit of expecting something exceptional and secretive only to be disappointed later.

:daru:

Killbot

Country flag
You still havent changed your habit of expecting something exceptional and secretive only to be disappointed later.

Well, that SDR was not something you could buy off the shelf in a hardware store. That is top grade military equipment. And the dude had a PTT and looked more professional than any other Indian SOF operator ever seen.

Plus, is it a crime to be optimistic? Though you might end up regretting it later, but still...

@abingdonboy

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Well, that SDR was not something you could buy off the shelf in a hardware store. That is top grade military equipment. And the dude had a PTT and looked more professional than any other Indian SOF operator ever seen.

Plus, is it a crime to be optimistic? Though you might end up regretting it later, but still...

@abingdonboy
Back in the 90s the Army captured high quality listening devices and solar activated missiles in Kashmir .

The listening devices and the lasers were used back in the mid 90s.

Which gave a feeling to a stranger that it is not RR using them but Para SF but that wasnt the case.

As far as Punisher gear goes it goes without saying that it was ordered by a youngster from his pocket.

Regarding shoes and all..i have seen Sky Marshals in gear which would leave your mouth wide open.

With globalisation and countries like Thailand being visa free many things are pretty much accessible easily.

Most of us dont have any idea about the kind of gear captured by the terorist and what happens with it.

Sorry for being negative...seen the system and know the cancer very well.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Back in the 90s the Army captured high quality listening devices and solar activated missiles in Kashmir .

The listening devices and the lasers were used back in the mid 90s.

Which gave a feeling to a stranger that it is not RR using them but Para SF but that wasnt the case.

As far as Punisher gear goes it goes without saying that it was ordered by a youngster from his pocket.

Regarding shoes and all..i have seen Sky Marshals in gear which would leave your mouth wide open.

With globalisation and countries like Thailand being visa free many things are pretty much accessible easily.

Most of us dont have any idea about the kind of gear captured by the terorist and what happens with it.

Sorry for being negative...seen the system and know the cancer very well.

I think I’ve gone through enough of these cycles to be able to tune out the irrelevant stuff. Take away the AK with FAB defence modifications and the SDR and this could be any guy playing dress up. But those two aforementioned items can’t just be bought off the shelf or in some market in Thailand

The SDR itself is the most significant element and it hasn’t been seen with any unit in India thus far and certainly not RR

2 different guys with the same patch isn’t all that noteworthy until you tie them together

Could be disappointed but I’m willing to take a punt here, this isn’t just typical Instagram nonsense or fanboys playing operator so whatever the explanation it’ll be interesting and relevant.

as an aside the punisher badge had been adopted by tier 1 units in NATO in the mid-00s

abingdonboy

Country flag
I believe you can anticipate what I'm going to ask for
But is there any chance we could get a visual treat 🙂
Not appropriate on a public forum to ask for images of guys whose very job it is to blend in and remain covert

There’s a reason india and the agencies involved do not talk openly about its sky marshal program

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Not appropriate on a public forum to ask for images of guys whose very job it is to blend in and remain covert

There’s a reason india and the agencies involved do not talk openly about its sky marshal program
With all censoring done ofcourse
Now that you mentioned it, it's fine

Nobody ever died from curiosity eh 🤣

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles