Indian Special Forces

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
The first image is a Model. the rest are IA.

If active duty SF soldiers are okay'd to model of adv of companies i think I will be pretty much done tracking / interacting on Indian military matters.
Are u sure, cause the post mentions an adgpi operator wearing the sf RIG, and I can only see the first operator in that RIG.

armyofhind

Country flag
The first image is a Model. the rest are IA.

If active duty SF soldiers are okay'd to model of adv of companies i think I will be pretty much done tracking / interacting on Indian military matters.
I don't think the first image is a model, because it's been taken from a video posted on the official account of Northern Command. It's a longer video out of which the excerpt has been posted on Armasen's page.

rkhanna

Country flag
I don't think the first image is a model, because it's been taken from a video posted on the official account of Northern Command. It's a longer video out of which the excerpt has been posted on Armasen's page.
Fair. Then coming to my second comment. if he is SF and is being allowed to be used in Adverts which are not armed forces PR we have a serious serious problem within the thinktank at HQ.

armyofhind

Country flag
Fair. Then coming to my second comment. if he is SF and is being allowed to be used in Adverts which are not armed forces PR we have a serious serious problem within the thinktank at HQ.
That's a genuine problem I noticed as well. IMHO, the standards of OpSec with Para SF especially have degraded over the years from what they used to be.
Garuds never had it I suppose.. and MARCOS still maintain it to a large extent as per my observation.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I highly doubt he is SF though as neither armasen nor the northern command have said he is a member of sf, everyone else in that video look like they are from RR.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
I highly doubt he is SF though as neither armasen nor the northern command have said he is a member of sf, everyone else in that video look like they are from RR.
What do we know
What have we learnt

>In all probability even RR is getting better gear
>SF gear still sucks pretty much

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
2 others are the King of Brunei and ofcourse Prince Harry (he actually went to combat as an Apache Co-pilot and did 2 tours in Astan)
Prince Harry even got a Distinguished Service medal in Afghanistan

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Yes, for rescuing a Gurkha unit from an ambush if i remember correctly.
Forgot our own His highness Lt.Col. Bhawani Singh (MVC)

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Forgot our own His highness Lt.Col. Bhawani Singh (MVC)
In 1970 Lt col Bhawani Singh helped train Mukti Bahini before the commencement of the Bangladesh Liberation War Later next year, Bhawani Singh as an acting lieutenant-colonel commanded Para Commandos of the 10th Parachute Regiment in the 1971 war against Pakistan and was responsible for the capture of Chachro in Sindh, for which he was decorated with the Maha Vir Chakra (MVC)

abingdonboy

Country flag
Was it hush-hush? Perhaps possible JSOC-AFSOD interaction? Why're they talking about it now?
Pure speculation without much reason to think so

the VP exercises have been getting less and less publicised with each edition, either because they are scaling them down or because they are becoming more institutionalised and neither side wants to talk about them openly.

Also haven't heard about any follow-up Green Beret-NSG exercises after the first Balance Iroquois Ex in 2015, who knows if it still happens or was a one off.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles