Indian Special Forces

Waanar

Country flag
bipods and red dot :notsure:
Could be used in an improvised Automatic rifleman role.
Bullpups have a very good barrel length.

USMC is trying a similar thing trying to use their M27 IAR in all roles, including Automatic Rifleman. Historically, such multi-role small arms have been rather underwhelming (remember RPKs? Neither do the Russians).
Let's see if this works for a second time (or works for us).

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Some of y'all seriously concentrate on wrong things. Ranveer's podcasts are more like an introduction of parts of military to civilians, which include fanboy-ish questions.
What's interesting is, never knew that Barack Obama as POTUS, his security in India was provided by MARCOS!
Also, what we can do is, comment about corrections that can be made in his podcasts. 🤷‍♂️
Some of you dont realise that Ranveer's podcast is about money making and not patriotism.

The guy started with a fitness channel with a equally poor knowledge like he has about military to be trolled so brutally by even the likes of Mahesh Bhatts son. The guy claimed no one can have good delotids or shoulders on a natural diet.

Lost his track came back and figured out that patriotism sells just like Karan Johar.

I hate seeing his chomu face looks after any detailed thing any of his guest explains.. shows he basically has no idea and didn't do any research before bringing in the guest.

If this is the kind of people we need to share knowledge then god bless us.

Some of us old timers here knew that Marcos handled or rather provided cordon of the security of Potus and even that US secret service badly criticized their Indian counterparts for not having any aptitude.

A famous photo of that time is US secret service standing right next to a Marcos in black patka cloth.

(besides being told by ex faujis that he cut 50% of the interview for youtube.. and that too critical topics)

abingdonboy

Country flag
Some of you dont realise that Ranveer's podcast is about money making and not patriotism.

The guy started with a fitness channel with a equally poor knowledge like he has about military to be trolled so brutally by even the likes of Mahesh Bhatts son. The guy claimed no one can have good delotids or shoulders on a natural diet.

Lost his track came back and figured out that patriotism sells just like Karan Johar.

I hate seeing his chomu face looks after any detailed thing any of his guest explains.. shows he basically has no idea and didn't do any research before bringing in the guest.

If this is the kind of people we need to share knowledge then god bless us.

Some of us old timers here knew that Marcos handled or rather provided cordon of the security of Potus and even that US secret service badly criticized their Indian counterparts for not having any aptitude.

(
The USSS are good at their job but they have had a long line of serious issues in recent times. If they are talking about SPG I’d say it’s typical American ego. SPG might not have the resources of USSS but considering the threats faced by Indian PMs in India and the dynamic environment india is the fact that none of their protectees has ever even been harmed (let alone killed) under their watch is noteworthy.

Some of y'all seriously concentrate on wrong things. Ranveer's podcasts are more like an introduction of parts of military to civilians, which include fanboy-ish questions.
What's interesting is, never knew that Barack Obama as POTUS, his security in India was provided by MARCOS!
Also, what we can do is, comment about corrections that can be made in his podcasts. 🤷‍♂️
Marine 1 landed at an IN helipad in Mumbai, IN is responsible for their own security hence deployed MARCOs, it’s not much of a story except perhaps they were permitted to be armed and in proximity to POTUS but they weren’t part of his close protection at all.

8758E732-35A5-4D11-B3B0-832856DF508B.jpeg

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Ok so the recent Marcos interview and one more interview of another solider before that mentions how grenades fail most of the time so its just the nades that are useless of its ofb nades that are useless?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
The USSS are good at their job but they have had a long line of serious issues in recent times. If they are talking about SPG I’d say it’s typical American ego. SPG might not have the resources of USSS but considering the threats faced by Indian PMs in India and the dynamic environment india is the fact that none of their protectees has ever even been harmed (let alone killed) under their watch is noteworthy.

Marine 1 landed at an IN helipad in Mumbai, IN is responsible for their own security hence deployed MARCOs, it’s not much of a story except perhaps they were permitted to be armed and in proximity to POTUS but they weren’t part of his close protection at all.

View attachment 170366
Its not about threats its about aptitude.

That is where you are wrong. Long ago you used to say that Modis 777 should be flown by AF pilots because fighter pilots are the best.

Thats completely untrue.

Fighter pilots dont have the aptitude of flying a multi crew cockpit like 777.

In my experience i would never rate them the best in flying skills or CRM or knowledge of flying a multi crew cockpit plane.

Same goes for Aptitude discussion.

That is why big companies take aptitude and psychometric test so strictly.

Aptitude plays a big role in situation awareness and threat assesment.. and this is something you will learn slowly as you grow older.

Kumaoni

That is where you are wrong. Long ago you used to say that Modis 777 should be flown by AF pilots because fighter pilots are the best.

Thats completely untrue.

In my experience i would never rate them the best in flying skills or CRM or knowledge of flying a multi crew cockpit plane.

Aptitude plays a big role in situation awareness and threat assesment.. and this is something you will learn slowly as you grow older.
Interesting. I never knew this about the difference between fighter pilots and regular pilots.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Interesting. I never knew this about the difference between fighter pilots and regular pilots.
Yes.

Every pilot is trained differently.

A pilot taught to be self dependent and solo cannot suddenly become a genius with another man in the cockpit

Causes behaviour issues among many other issues.

Paki pilot crashing recently and in Nepal also is a prime example of how bad this situation is. (airline crash)

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag

Thats completely untrue.

There are other pilots in air force other than fighter also POTUS is flown by Airforce Pilot only also PM was flown by Airforce in high threat areas

abingdonboy

Country flag

Thats completely untrue.

I don’t think I said that about fighter pilots flying IAF-1

The IAF has its own multi crew stream and the fighter guys are entirely separate. i doubt the IAF’s CRM and multi crew training is as good as the civil world in terms of human factors and non-tech awareness but the IAF is very experienced in multi-crew flying. It’s no longer purely a fighter jet force

AVAST

Country flag

Thats completely untrue.

747 VIP was flown by airforce pilots from the Mumbai air India base. there was a special bus with security that ferried the pilots. I'm sure it's the same now with 777.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I don’t think I said that about fighter pilots flying IAF-1

The IAF has its own multi crew stream and the fighter guys are entirely separate. i doubt the IAF’s CRM and multi crew training is as good as the civil world in terms of human factors and non-tech awareness but the IAF is very experienced in multi-crew flying. It’s no longer purely a fighter jet force
I think u said something similar and reason i remember is because i was beginning to fly with all ex fighter pilots and i was smiling reading your comments.

AF training is atleast 15 years lagging in technology.

And the aptitude tests used by them is all outdated. Wombat i think its called.

Airlines these days use Compass and cass tests maybe you would have given followed by Adapt test taken by psychologist in London.

So my point being i agree with the goras that our aptitude tests and overall assessment tests are not good.. so the chances can be they are right.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
747 VIP was flown by airforce pilots from the Mumbai air India base. there was a special bus with security that ferried the pilots. I'm sure it's the same now with 777.
Yes.

They are transport pilots trained in a civil facility by airline pilots.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I think u said something similar and reason i remember is because i was beginning to fly with all ex fighter pilots and i was smiling reading your comments.

AF training is atleast 15 years lagging in technology.

And the aptitude tests used by them is all outdated. Wombat i think its called.

Airlines these days use Compass and cass tests maybe you would have given followed by Adapt test taken by psychologist in London.

So my point being i agree with the goras that our aptitude tests and overall assessment tests are not good.. so the chances can be they are right.
Can’t remember the fighter pilot comment, I definitely have said IAF-1 should be operated by IAF crews (and that is the plan long term)

COMPASS, Adapt, PILAPT, CUT-E I’ve done them all lol