Indian Special Forces

JConline

Country flag
I mean 9 paras are the leading unit right so maybe atleast they should have binods hopefully we will see them in future
There have been two RFIs from Northern Command. One from last year called for Panoramic NODs and another recently, called for Digital NODs. So perhaps 9SF and 4SF have acquired some following these RFIs. But we haven't seen any pics since which indicate the same. Honestly, we haven't seen any pics of 9 or 4 with night ops equipment recently. So at this point, it's anyone's guess.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Aur kaha ye NODs ka debate chal raha hai. At this point, I'm just hoping Para SF standardize a decent plate carrier across the board. The FLCs over the plate carrier sleeves just look sad.
Armasen tacticals supplied plate carrier's for paras and marcos right or paras were just personal purchase?

Scramjet

Country flag
A unit, most likely under northern command has bought kits which allows to mount 2 single tube NVGs, which somewhat acts like a dual tube NVGs, but ofcourse not upto the level
9 is the unit. Although they are using a lot of thermal imagers both static and movable incl. helmet and weapon mounted TIs nowadays.

JConline

Country flag
I mean that's good but shouldn't we should have standard kit for 9 before 10?
What I've observed is that, the forces in the valley, especially Para SF lack uniformity in gear. It's probably cause they get spun up so often and they get a certain amount of freedom in terms of their outfit when deployed to Kashmir.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles