Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
I have heard of some GPNVGs among 9th or 4th Paras (not sure which).
The thing is, it's a limited number of pieces (I'm not going to say the exact number but hell of a lot less than needed) and people sometimes try to pass it off as "they HAVE it".
Yes they have it. In insignificant numbers.

Skip the GPNVGs and give everyone some second hand dual tube NVGs. That's a more judicial use of the budget. Less of the flash, more of the bang.
Token procurements aren’t going to do anything. Equipment follows tactics and need. What good are panoramic NODs if you do all your ops by daylight?

do they have night firing ranges? Do they have IR strobes? Do they have proper laser working devices (not just a IR/visible laser combo on their holographic sight) capable of providing an IR flood?

It’s not just about firing at night but preventing blue on blue and deconflicting. Night fighting is an art in itself that you need to commit to doing properly, not just saying I have NODs now so I’m a night fighter.

and again all of this stuff has to be present unit-wide and everyone has to be on the same page and proficient in this. You’re only as good as your weakest link

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Token procurements aren’t going to do anything. Equipment follows tactics and need. What good are panoramic NODs if you do all your ops by daylight?

do they have night firing ranges? Do they have IR strobes? Do they have proper laser working devices (not just a IR/visible laser combo on their holographic sight) capable of providing an IR flood?

It’s not just about firing at night but preventing blue on blue and deconflicting. Night fighting is an art in itself that you need to commit to doing properly, not just saying I have NODs now so I’m a night fighter.

and again all of this stuff has to be present unit-wide and everyone has to be on the same page and proficient in this. You’re only as good as your weakest link
Won't speak for the newer units but the older units have been conducting ops in night for long time, tho their gear is a bit old for what is available today but it still works.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Fucking hell. Indian special cell and bihar police managed to nab Yasin Bhatkal from nepal within 5 years of delhi bombing. Nepal, a decently friendly country. Managed to Nab Ariz Khan from Nepal, Batla House escapee in 10 years Mind you this is police.

Muh ISIS is so bad ass that legit runaways from Indian mujahideen rise to become commanders in their ranks bwaha

US special forces took 11 years to get Osama, In a country theyhad actual military bases in. And they couldn’t nab or capture him, only killed him 😁😁😁. Western fans can now make thousands of excuses for why😁😁. Cope.
Conflating things there aren’t you?

it wasn’t US special forces tracking down OBL but the CIA. I seriously doubt the ‘official’ account of it taking 10 years for the CIA to locate him. I’m guessing the Pakis finally gave him up for some quid pro quo

US SOFs went in and got him within a few weeks of notice. They said they could’ve gone the next night (there was actually a DEVGRU squadron in Jalalabad who were nominally meant to get this tasking but the senior brass in the US wanted to see the Seals train to do it so they built a 1:1 mock-up in the US and used an out of rotation squadron (Red) for the role who were back in the US at the time ).

the 11 year thing has nothing to do with their SOFs. If you listen to Delta/CAG guys that were on the ground at Tora bora in 2001 they are 100% convinced they had OBL within their range and could’ve got him if not for pressure from above, who knows what the Pakis were promising at that time.

Apparently US military was drawing up plans to drop a division on the Pak side to block his escape but Washington stopped this.

EternalNxg

Country flag
Conflating things there aren’t you?

it wasn’t US special forces tracking down OBL but the CIA. I seriously doubt the ‘official’ account of it taking 10 years for the CIA to locate him. I’m guessing the Pakis finally gave him up for some quid pro quo

US SOFs went in and got him within a few weeks of notice. They said they could’ve gone the next night (there was actually a DEVGRU squadron in Jalalabad who were nominally meant to get this tasking but the senior brass in the US wanted to see the Seals train to do it so they built a 1:1 mock-up in the US and used an out of rotation squadron (Red) for the role who were back in the US at the time ).

the 11 year thing has nothing to do with their SOFs. If you listen to Delta/CAG guys that were on the ground at Tora bora in 2001 they are 100% convinced they had OBL within their range and could’ve got him if not for pressure from above, who knows what the Pakis were promising at that time.

Apparently US military was drawing up plans to drop a division on the Pak side to block his escape but Washington stopped this.
THIS!!!

abingdonboy

Country flag
The raid on Abbottabad was not the first time CIA had got a fix on OBL - there were atleast 4-5 attempts before - each and every time OBL escaped thanks to the ISI.

The real question is who told the USAF the approach route to Abbottabad to evade Pak radars.
This is BY FAR the more interesting element of the 2011 raid and there’s a reason no one officially comments on it and all the focus is on a relatively benign (for DEVGRU) ground assault.

I’ve heard a few tiny tiny insinuations over the years from Pak and US voices hinting that a lot of wild stuff happened for that mission. Did US actively disable the F-16s? Did they use their EW to suppress Pak AD? Was there an insider inside the PAF that ‘looked the over way’ for a few hours? US made pretty sure that corridor was open and not just assumed it

binayak95

Country flag
This is BY FAR the more interesting element of the 2011 raid and there’s a reason no one officially comments on it and all the focus is on a relatively benign (for DEVGRU) ground assault.

I’ve heard a few tiny tiny insinuations over the years from Pak and US voices hinting that a lot of wild stuff happened for that mission. Did US actively disable the F-16s? Did they use their EW to suppress Pak AD? Was there an insider inside the PAF that ‘looked the over way’ for a few hours? US made pretty sure that corridor was open and not just assumed it
The wildest tales are of dead Radars and a secret IAF USAF meet two weeks prior to the raid.

EternalNxg

Country flag

Also don't forget that infamous SUPAR SUPAR STEALTHY SNEAKY BLACK HAWKS.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag

Some porki general sold his country nothing fancy for them.

EternalNxg

Country flag
There was also a rumour that red squadron was Obama's favourite and the go to hit team. According to Mathew Cole, red squadron did some heavy lifting for Obama in the middle east during 2009-10.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I just have one very sincere request from ya all here since I don't like to fight with one of my owns but please if not for the sake of forces, for the sake of God do not shittalk the forces and call them incompetent, unprofessional, ill trained and all in the facade of so called legit criticism. You are only doing your enemies bidding with this and please remember that either my rants or your rants won't change the reality on the ground be that what it be. If you truly love the forces and the country, join them and get to the position where if necessary you can change the ground situation. It's much better than ranting in an useless thread where no one gives 2 shits about your opinions
I also dont like to fight like u dont.

But if no one gives a shit about this thread then why do people passionately fight..Be like me chill.No abusing no galli unless provoked.

Secondly,what if joining the forces doesnt solve the problem coz the system expects u to behave.

My company treats employees badly(labour level)..but we cannot do anything coz it says fuck off or shut up just like the Army..so we shut up till we find something else lucrative and thats how it is bro.

School College se bahar ki dunia alag hoti he..if i told u how promotion and postings work u will get hurt and abuse me only i know very well.

bcoz u have created an imagine of Army as God..and when anyone does that it cannot be changed.

which is not bad as you must be a patriotic passionate guy.

but maturity is analyising neutrally.

Debate karo..dil pe mat lo.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Since when did USA had bases in pak ?Also last time I checked Hafiz Saeed is still alive although Yasin Bhatkal was a big catch ,kudos to bihar police for carring that op.
nothing to do with SFs because I doubt they’d send such guys for these efforts but it’s a real tragedy that under a ‘nationalist’ govt with the largest mandate in decades and with super man spy boss Doval as NSA they still haven’t had the b@lls to take the fight to these scum. It’s not even like they are hiding. Hafiz is literally a public figure in Pak. They could get a few Karachi guns for hire for the job, plenty of ways fo do it without Indian fingerprints

Goes to show how weak spined Indian ‘leadership’ is across the board.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

Night firing ranges even RR has bro.

They train day and night so Para must be having.

No proof of the rest.

abingdonboy

Country flag
There was also a rumour that red squadron was Obama's favourite and the go to hit team. According to Mathew Cole, red squadron did some heavy lifting for Obama in the middle east during 2009-10.
Matthew Cole is a leftist POS, he has a personal issue with SEALs for some reason and Red Squadron in particular (my guess is he doesn’t like the ‘cultural appropriation’ used by the Squadron as they’ve adopted the red indian mascot/culture)

He completely misrepresented the Eddie Gallagher case and made him out to be a bloodthirsty monster even though he was cleared of all charges and the entire case collapsed based on the lies it was built on. Again he has a thing against Eddie because Trump dared to give him a chance to fight his case

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
"PARA doesn't use HOLO"

Bro what are you smoking, Afghani or Pakistani maal.

Moreover mepro mor is just a name of the product not a type, mepro mor is a reflex sight

We use reflex, holographic, red dot, telescope sights
Paki maal is rebranded Afghani maal i can confirm

abingdonboy

Country flag
I also dont like to fight like u dont.

But if no one gives a shit about this thread then why do people passionately fight..Be like me chill.No abusing no galli unless provoked.

Secondly,what if joining the forces doesnt solve the problem coz the system expects u to behave.

My company treats employees badly(labour level)..but we cannot do anything coz it says fuck off or shut up just like the Army..so we shut up till we find something else lucrative and thats how it is bro.

School College se bahar ki dunia alag hoti he..if i told u how promotion and postings work u will get hurt and abuse me only i know very well.

bcoz u have created an imagine of Army as God..and when anyone does that it cannot be changed.

which is not bad as you must be a patriotic passionate guy.

but maturity is analyising neutrally.

Debate karo..dil pe mat lo.
When are you going to to apply for Emirates buddy?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles