Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Bro the knowledge is missing what will they share.

And

We are taking years just to provide a new uniform to the entire Army.Its been months and still even Colonels dont have it.

Let that sink in and then think we want to defeat China AND Pakistan in a two front war.

Jai ho crowd to marwayegi..hope someone reads our posts and does something.
Was listening to blue skies podcast yesterday with a former Jag squadron leader who took a detachment to Alaska in the mid 2000s and he said they realised when tasked for this mission that they didn’t even know how to plan such a flight that involved tankers so they had to send a course to the RAF to go on their flight planning course (or a condensed version of it). They then realised they didn’t even have the software required to do that task so had to build it themselves based on what they saw in the U.K.

You don’t know what you don’t know

At least IAF seemed to take those lessons well and integrate them internally (I hope they institutionalised them)

15 years of the IA and SFs training regularly with US SOFs and what is there to show for it? Any Vajra Prahar you see and at the start the Para SF guys still look totally out of their depth and clueless. One of the Exs they showed Paras being taught how to use an M4 despite that weapon being in the hands of the Paras for many years by that point. By the end of the ex they have worked up to basic room clearing but nothing overly complex. Then compare this to the kind of joint SF exercises conducted around the world where they are doing MOUT in cities jointly or complex CT exercises.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yep, ask ex delta operators, they'll happily tell you Mike was never in Delta. Bob Keller and Matt Pranka have called him out for this and he never mentioned/bragged about his tenure in Delta again. Same goes with Tu Lam, he never served in the unit but bragged about it alot. Both of them were a part of a SF team augmenting CAG
There’s a difference between them- Mike passed CAG selection, did OTC (operator training course) and got into an assault squadron, he just was never an assaulter for the Unit.

Tu Lam has been evasive about his Unit experience but since he’s been called out for it openly says he was never a unit guy, he started out purely as a trainer for hand to hand instruction. Then he was offered a spot on their special reconnaissance wing (G squadron) for which he went on their specific selection and training pipeline but he never did OTC.

abingdonboy

Country flag
mike glover had a complex fuckin career ,from what I have gathered with little research is mike was kinda cocky guy because he was the best in almost all courses he took part in ,he went through cag selection and cleared it as well and was attached to an assault sqaudron but due to conflict with sgm he was removed very quickly after joining but due to his excellent experience in sniper recce , he was allowed to test for cag again but for OST and not assault squad and he worked there fro good time , tu lam was also OST g squad guy ,. But g squad being support unit was not really considered part of delta . Mike himself said that he was not part of unit for long enough to call himself delta, but the thing is mike was the perfect delta material just conflict fucked him but he later was given opportunity to create his own CIF in north africa and he took it , mikes career without delta has been legendary , tu lam dont really deserve to be cocky
Tu Lam has a cool life story but he really doesn’t belong in the same category as Glover who was genuinely excellent at everything he did in his career and made the Unit on merit

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Well buying a dmr variant of rifle for non dmr role , thats even more stupid , brass responsible for ordering and operators responsible for testing , both fucked up , point still holds , lack of technical knowledge.
Brave to assume they got to test it before hand. Also isn't the Star more accurate than the Tar21( read on reddit so take it with tons of salt)

shouryav105

Country flag
Brave to assume they got to test it before hand. Also isn't the Star more accurate than the Tar21( read on reddit so take it with tons of salt)
No ,S tar is not more accurate than tar, only difference is s tar comes equiped with bipod ,top brass is really stupid but operator(lol) not testing the guns that are going to be their primary assault weapon is a little too much and if it is true then we are beyond fucked that some random low iq in a office with no sf experience is procuring stuff .

shouryav105

Country flag
Marcos are the only one going in right direction as para sf is drowning itself and garuds are off the radar for some time, @abingdonboy pointed out that tactics being used by marcos are not up to the mark but I think that things will change , In just few months we saw massive modernization in terms of equip , this kind of approach towards modernisation gives boost to ethos of individuals at all ranks to work towards improving themselves and unit to thrive , If marcos keep going in same path ,in 4-5 years marcos can become excellent sof unit ,what I am worried about is exposure , marcos only exposure is in operations they carry out under rr zulu force in kashmir and anti piracy ops , while para commandos carry out more mainstream ops , I hope marcos get good exposure and dont crumble under army supremacy .

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Marcos are the only one going in right direction as para sf is drowning itself and garuds are off the radar for some time, @abingdonboy pointed out that tactics being used by marcos are not up to the mark but I think that things will change , In just few months we saw massive modernization in terms of equip , this kind of approach towards modernisation gives boost to ethos of individuals at all ranks to work towards improving themselves and unit to thrive , If marcos keep going in same path ,in 4-5 years marcos can become excellent sof unit ,what I am worried about is exposure , marcos only exposure is in operations they carry out under rr zulu force in kashmir and anti piracy ops , while para commandos carry out more mainstream ops , I hope marcos get good exposure and dont crumble under army supremacy .
Mandatory monthly post of this thread

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
A picture going around apparently of a Para from one of the recently converted airborne to SF battalions

A bipod on a regular assault rifle with no magnified optics but give a guy a bright red balidaan badge, a Tavor and let them grow their and they think they are all operators

View attachment 165231
Dude I love how completely retarded your "analysis" are like this is my first time in life seeing someone who is reportedly an Indian, being so so retarded and childish with his talks. I would honestly fund for your mental health check-ups if it meant you'd get better. You aren't even worth abusing at this point. I just wish that you get better from whatever frustration there is in your life and that you are just an arrogant teenager not a fully grown-up adult. Good luck to you my dude

Articles