Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

12arya

Country flag
I think Navy and IAF have put a bit of money for their decent gear for their SF as compared to Army.
also bro, navy and air force recognize their SF s separate entities and gives them the respect they deserve.
army treats SF as super infantry and believes all paratroopers r equally capable as SF personnel and that shows the mentality of the para & senior army officers:frusty:

the below article and some of the comments by airborne officers will boil ur blood! horrible stuff.

we all saw that video of 9's maj. jacob and the amount of time he spent in field without break; which paratrooper does that or has the training to do that? the more i read it drives me mad.

also, its not just abt the medal or allowances but the weapons and resources meant for SF was cunningly diverted to Paratroopers- there was an in depth study article written by Lt. Gen.Lidder in 2009 or something lamenting how SF was screwed ovr by paratroopers.

2 day back i read an article from 2016 by Lt. Gen. Katoch abt the need for separate SF regiment...the abuse directed at the gud general from para retd officers in the comment section, was unparalleled!
they mindbogglingly claim that SF and para has same capabilities so no need for different regiment:rage:.also, that airborne is also special in nature, so they shud be included in SOCOM! just look at the mentality!
1602754075768.png

see, wat the above dude is claiming! those dudes also call the lt. general an almighty irritant and trouble maker evn when he was serving, trying to cut off SF from Para and wat not, among Katoch's multitude of crimes:facepalm:

this from another para officer

1602754155318.png

Until paratroopers r prevented from trying to screw SF, army SF is not gonna improve wen it comes to its resources! we can wail and rant all we want; the politics inside prachute regmnt luks frightening and is played at the cost of nation's capabilities.

Edyk12

Country flag
also bro, navy and air force recognize their SF s separate entities and gives them the respect they deserve.
army treats SF as super infantry and believes all paratroopers r equally capable as SF personnel and that shows the mentality of the para & senior army officers:frusty:

the below article and some of the comments by airborne officers will boil ur blood! horrible stuff.

we all saw that video of 9's maj. jacob and the amount of time he spent in field without break; which paratrooper does that or has the training to do that? the more i read it drives me mad.

also, its not just abt the medal or allowances but the weapons and resources meant for SF was cunningly diverted to Paratroopers- there was an in depth study article written by Lt. Gen.Lidder in 2009 or something lamenting how SF was screwed ovr by paratroopers.

2 day back i read an article from 2016 by Lt. Gen. Katoch abt the need for separate SF regiment...the abuse directed at the gud general from para retd officers in the comment section, was unparalleled!
they mindbogglingly claim that SF and para has same capabilities so no need for different regiment:rage:.also, that airborne is also special in nature, so they shud be included in SOCOM! just look at the mentality!
View attachment 62811
see, wat the above dude is claiming! those dudes also call the lt. general an almighty irritant and trouble maker evn when he was serving, trying to cut off SF from Para and wat not, among Katoch's multitude of crimes:facepalm:

this from another para officer

View attachment 62812

Until paratroopers r prevented from trying to screw SF, army SF is not gonna improve wen it comes to its resources! we can wail and rant all we want; the politics inside prachute regmnt luks frightening and is played at the cost of nation's capabilities.
Correct, I also read the book written by Gen Katoch and Saikat Datta also.

Popeye

Country flag
I think Navy and IAF have put a bit of money for their decent gear for their SF as compared to Army.
Here Army Generals mentally still not ready to give Regiment status to Capable Para SF's.
And govt talking about Theatre Command, JSoC type SoF command, cyber command. Damn !!
Govt should change the name as "Indian Ground Forces" rather than Indian Army.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Until they get their helps shot out of the sky at night or worse when they crash one right on top on OBL 😂,. Last I checked our boys clocked several dozens in Myanmar and POK without anyone having a clue death was upon them.

Chill nigga, don't get your panties in a bunch.
I cannot take you seriously with such statements

operating in an entirely permissive environment like the Myanmar-India border vs the badlands of Afghanistan or deep into Paki territory?

you wish india had the capability to do something even 50% as impressive as this, and this is STANDARD for US SF, the DEVGRU guys said it felt like just another of the 100s of similar missions they had done in the past meanwhile India has to celebrate shallow incursions and simple area clearance missions like Myanmar 2015 and the 2016 surgical strikes that pretty much any light infantry in western militaries could have done just as successfully.

Images are from 2016.
We are missing a key point in the Gucci gear debate - per capita military budget (PCMB).

PCMB is the answer to the question “when will Indian SF get Gucci gear?”. This question haunts pretty much everyone on this thread but, surprisingly, very few have pointed out the centrality of PCMB.

Let’s do some simple math.

For rough comparison, use this formula:👇
PCMB = [Total military budget] ÷ [Total number of military personnel]

Let’s do a comparison between UK and India, for example. Using the above formula, we get:
1) PCMB of India = 49221 $ per person
2) PCMB of UK = 328277 $ per person

Ratio of PCMB of UK and India is = 328277 ÷ 49221 6.7
This means that the PCMB of UK is 6.7 times more than PCMB of India.
This further means that UK spends 6.7 times more than India per person on its military.
This also roughly implies that the SAS receives 6.7 times more money than Para SF per operator.

In other words, a SAS soldier roughly gets 6.7 times more money than a Para SF soldier.

There you go. Problem solved!!👏👏:clap2:

So when someone asks, “when will Para SF receive SAS-level gear?”, tell them: “if and when India increases its PCMB by several times”.

Yes, this calculation is simplistic. I have not incorporated many other factors like purchasing power etc. But this principle of PCMB is true in its essence.

Let me finish my answer with an example:
PCMB helps explain why even Singapore SF is better equipped than Indian SF.
View attachment 62677
This equation only works for the state of the general military (Regulars). The pathetic state of Indian SFs is becuase of how poorly understand and recognised, utilised they are by strategic leadership

This thread had dozens of times had the tactical vs strategic argument vis a vis employment of SFs and it’s abundantly clear that on a day to basis Indian SFs are not utilised in a strategic manner. Strategic assets like SSBNs, ICBMs etc get almost unlimited budgets and are monitored from a high level

This is why, once again, I say the AFSOD *will* change the face of Indian SFs as long as it leads to a fully fledged SOCOM, remember that SOD is a stepping stone to SOCOM, until all SF assets in India are under a SOCOM the situation will remain bleak albeit there will be a few units here and there that improve but there won’t be any uniformity to
It. I wouldn’t expect any results immediately caused by AFSOD as SOD is just a trail for the C&C mechanisms of having a tri-service SF entity i have serious doubts whether units attached to SOD will get extra CAPEX from the IDS budget, it’s almost entirely just to learn how to employ such a model form a command perspective.

SG proves this rule- they have almost direct access to the very top and hence why they are rumoured to have the best Gear (relatively, they are almost certainly leagues below the Western SF

abingdonboy

Country flag
Images are from 2016.
Lmao (literally)

Buddy Indian SF haven’t seen any substantial updates to their equipment since 2009/10 and you’re really going to say to me that things have changed in any noticeable way since this video was shot? I can 100% guarantee you that a similar video shot in 2020 would be identical to this.

they can’t even issue enough current DPM uniforms to their most elite troops

abingdonboy

Country flag
There is nothing in the pic which is out of budget of Indian SFs in 2020.
Mindset is the problem not equipment

It genuinely depressed me when that SF Officer said Indian SF were as well equipped as those in the West as it shows how deluded and frankly ignorant the people inside the armed forces are and the results are for all to see- it’s the very reason that the sole contemporary item these SF guys get issued is a Tavor or M4 (neither of which are modified or customised in any way)

Killbot

Country flag
Mindset is the problem not equipment

It genuinely depressed me when that SF Officer said Indian SF were as well equipped as those in the West as it shows how deluded and frankly ignorant the people inside the armed forces are and the results are for all to see- it’s the very reason that the sole contemporary item these SF guys get issued is a Tavor or M4 (neither of which are modified or customised in any way)
Afaik they don't even have SBRs. All SOFs in the world have their own drills etc. They build tactics on whatever experience they have. Ours have tons of experience, but do not seem to have learned from it at all... I really hope it changes with AFSOD...

Nightshade1992

Country flag
Hey guys,
I have been following this thread since a long time now. I am really impressed with the level of discussions that goes in on here regarding the SF units particularly. So i thought this is the best place to announce what i am going to do. So me and my brother who happens to be in the SF (4 years of stint in SG) have formed a start up that focuses on designing and manufacturing combat apparels, tactical vests, plate carriers and other accessories for the Indian operator specifically. Thankfully my brother not only has the practical experience from the lush deep jungles of assam to the mountains of Himalayas but also a sound knowledge and awareness about the western products ranging from 'CRYE', 'warrior assault system', 'UF PRO' and pentagon tactical. He has used these products extensively in live ops in India and Africa but found that somehow most of these products are not 100 % suitable for Indian terrains and environment. Keeping that in mind me and my brother have struck a deal with a manufacturing unit to produce these products in limited quantity considering the prototypes and samples that we designed previously for the Indian operator was a hit with the marine commandos. They were satisfied and impressed that we produced the product of almost the same quality as that of our western counterparts for almost half the price. Unfortunately because of the CHINESE virus our plan came to a halt for a temporary period nevertheless we plan to provide our products in small quantity to various para sf units, garuds and marcos by mid next year. Various PARA SF units have already shown their interest in our products considering the credibility my brother has. I can't exactly reveal the products as of now as its still in baby stage never the less i will be sharing the pics and technical details of the products with you lot by starting next year for you guys to scrutinize and give your valuable feedbacks. My brother after almost 12 years of service in the SF will be taking a premature retirement by next year in order to focus on the start up named "GEARSMITH".
Regards
Abhinandan

Killbot

Country flag
Hey guys,
I have been following this thread since a long time now. I am really impressed with the level of discussions that goes in on here regarding the SF units particularly. So i thought this is the best place to announce what i am going to do. So me and my brother who happens to be in the SF (4 years of stint in SG) have formed a start up that focuses on designing and manufacturing combat apparels, tactical vests, plate carriers and other accessories for the Indian operator specifically. Thankfully my brother not only has the practical experience from the lush deep jungles of assam to the mountains of Himalayas but also a sound knowledge and awareness about the western products ranging from 'CRYE', 'warrior assault system', 'UF PRO' and pentagon tactical. He has used these products extensively in live ops in India and Africa but found that somehow most of these products are not 100 % suitable for Indian terrains and environment. Keeping that in mind me and my brother have struck a deal with a manufacturing unit to produce these products in limited quantity considering the prototypes and samples that we designed previously for the Indian operator was a hit with the marine commandos. They were satisfied and impressed that we produced the product of almost the same quality as that of our western counterparts for almost half the price. Unfortunately because of the CHINESE virus our plan came to a halt for a temporary period nevertheless we plan to provide our products in small quantity to various para sf units, garuds and marcos by mid next year. Various PARA SF units have already shown their interest in our products considering the credibility my brother has. I can't exactly reveal the products as of now as its still in baby stage never the less i will be sharing the pics and technical details of the products with you lot by starting next year for you guys to scrutinize and give your valuable feedbacks. My brother after almost 12 years of service in the SF will be taking a premature retirement by next year in order to focus on the start up named "GEARSMITH".
Regards
Abhinandan
WHOA WHOA WHOA.. SG?! Crye Precision?! Africa?! Just whoa.. Real noice. Do you have a production facility set up? If so it'd be amazing. All the best. As for plate carriers, I'd love to see something like Crye JPC or SPC series. And integrated knee pads and elbow pads on apparel.

Killbot

Country flag
Hey guys,
Regards
Abhinandan
When did yall start this?

Deathstar

Country flag
Hey guys,
Regards
Abhinandan
Best of luck for your endeavours

Nightshade1992

Country flag
WHOA WHOA WHOA.. SG?! Crye Precision?! Africa?! Just whoa.. Real noice. Do you have a production facility set up? If so it'd be amazing. All the best. As for plate carriers, I'd love to see something like Crye JPC or SPC series. And integrated knee pads and elbow pads on apparel.
Well we have been designing and conceptualizing our products since last one and a half year. After almost a year of search for proper manufacturer we were able to hone in on a manufacturer that has been producing top quality products for the swiss army and South Korean spec ops. Ofcourse they manufacture their products based on the foreign units requirements but luckily they were able to get a glimpse of our vision and agreed to manufacture for us. Initially we will be dependent on 3rd party manufacturer but will ultimately aim to have our own set up within 5 years.

Killbot

Country flag
Well we have been designing and conceptualizing our products since last one and a half year. After almost a year of search for proper manufacturer we were able to hone in on a manufacturer that has been producing top quality products for the swiss army and South Korean spec ops. Ofcourse they manufacture their products based on the foreign units requirements but luckily they were able to get a glimpse of our vision and agreed to manufacture for us. Initially we will be dependent on 3rd party manufacturer but will ultimately aim to have our own set up within 5 years.
Really cool. More so if the people who are doing this know what they are doing. Please post pictures of your designs whenever you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles