Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupus

Country flag
Tarmak007

"A virtual close quarter battle ensued in which all five terrorists were killed and the six man squad lost five of its members."

Yeah, General Hasnain is saying the same in that Rediff article. It's great to know one of our boys survived. Let's hope he recovers too in case he's injured.

Anyways, Doesn't an SF squad usually made of six operators - Weaponry; Demolition; Navigation; Communications; Medicine; Team Leader.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
"A virtual close quarter battle ensued in which all five terrorists were killed and the six man squad lost five of its members."

Yeah, General Hasnain is saying the same in that Rediff article. It's great to know one of our boys survived. Let's hope he recovers too in case he's injured.

Anyways, Doesn't an SF squad usually made of six operators - Weaponry; Demolition; Navigation; Communications; Medicine; Team Leader.
Yes thts how it is.

How could these terrorists take advantage of night time..i was thinking they would be night blind.

Spray and pray worked for them i guess.

Lupus

Country flag
Yes thts how it is.

How could these terrorists take advantage of night time..i was thinking they would be night blind.

Spray and pray worked for them i guess.
We can only speculate but it doesn't look like they needed to take any advantage here. SF guys fell so close to them that the gunfight must've been over in a couple minutes max. Like it was reported subedar Saab was lying on top of a jihadi, one doesn't really need to take any night time advantage from that close.

Interestingly three of these jihadis were apparently locals (2 confirmed, one suspected), they are believed to have crossed over into Pakistan in 2018 legally via Wagah border. Now the Pakis are giving visas to terrorists wtf!

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Rahane Do Bacche Tum Se Na Ho Payega..
Do not spam the thread.
Says the guy with almost 9,000 comments and not even a 1:1 ratio of likes to messages, you sound like the mother of all spammers. Don't waste my time by quoting me henceforth "Uncle," kyun ke tum sathya gaye ho.

Lupus

Country flag
A) I realise it's a special forces thread. But considering the events in past few days I'm making an exception with this post. Also, FID is kinda SF work so it makes sense.

B) This Ladies and Gentlemen is how we should bleed the Porkis

Look at these chutiyas...they have no idea where is fire coming from...whats happening...how to respond... nothing at all

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
30 characters rule.........
Who is to be blamed here the niggas who have gathered around or the officers who have a policy of returning bodies of terrorists for Randi Rona Samelan.

If they are so concerned about social distancing then they better burn the bodies of terrorist in this way they won't pollute the soil and spare acres of land for Farming.

Why are the bodies returned anyway did supreme court order this?
I would have given the bodies to medical colleges for study.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
We are not allowed armed air support within the confines of the domestic territory. COIN SOP. Only in thr NE is limited armed cas allowed. And ROE are defensive.

They are non discriminate weapon systems and hence are not allowed to be deployed.

It's also keeping the conflict within a certain threshold. . You press armed rotary assets in theater and manapads and RPGs will enter the valley.
Thanks.
But I feel this is a defensive mindset. Restricted RoE is usually employed when soldiers operate in a foreign country.
This is our own backyard and we should be free to engage with whatever weaponry is deemed fit to cause mimimum casualties to our own. The threat of manpads and RPGs never stopped US from providing CAS and helo support to their soldiers did it ?
Keeping the conflict under the threshold and continuing to bleed us is EXACTLY what porkies want !
And we are playing into their hands by not escalating.
We need to escalate and finish this bleeding by a 1000 cuts. We should control the escalation , not them.
Our strategy is always reactive - porkies use ATGM we use the same, porkies use snipers, we then acquire new sniper rifles so on and so on...this is just ridiculous !

rkhanna

Country flag
Thanks.
But I feel this is a defensive mindset. Restricted RoE is usually employed when soldiers operate in a foreign country.
This is our own backyard and we should be free to engage with whatever weaponry is deemed fit to cause mimimum casualties to our own. The threat of manpads and RPGs never stopped US from providing CAS and helo support to their soldiers did it ?
Keeping the conflict under the threshold and continuing to bleed us is EXACTLY what porkies want !
And we are playing into their hands by not escalating.
We need to escalate and finish this bleeding by a 1000 cuts. We should control the escalation , not them.
Our strategy is always reactive - porkies use ATGM we use the same, porkies use snipers, we then acquire new sniper rifles so on and so on...this is just ridiculous !
You have it backwards. ROE in another country are always LESS stringent than ROE within the country. Most places military doesn't even have the right to operate without parliament consent.

The protection of civilian life is paramount , and thst is even more so when they are Indian citizens. ROE require Indian soldiers to call out a surrender warning before every encounter. Post which FIRs are filed involving the security forces as well as the OPFOR.

Do not mistake this with any form of stupidity. this js the CORRECT way to fight a domestic insurgency.

PS many an argument can be made that not escalating is denying the pakis the ability to operate with more freedom. With the Americans withdrawing from astan where do you think energies are going to be redirected?

This is no black and white. There are way too many moving pieces in this equation

AbRaj

Country flag
We can only speculate but it doesn't look like they needed to take any advantage here. SF guys fell so close to them that the gunfight must've been over in a couple minutes max. Like it was reported subedar Saab was lying on top of a jihadi, one doesn't really need to take any night time advantage from that close.

Interestingly three of these jihadis were apparently locals (2 confirmed, one suspected), they are believed to have crossed over into Pakistan in 2018 legally via Wagah border. Now the Pakis are giving visas to terrorists wtf!
Pakis are doing what they are supposed to do. Problem is what we are doing?
We are sending wannabe Jihaadis to go train there and then return and kill our people.
Unacceptable incompetence by our intelligence agencies.

Vande1947

Country flag
You have it backwards. ROE in another country are always LESS stringent than ROE within the country. Most places military doesn't even have the right to operate without parliament consent.

The protection of civilian life is paramount , and thst is even more so when they are Indian citizens. ROE require Indian soldiers to call out a surrender warning before every encounter. Post which FIRs are filed involving the security forces as well as the OPFOR.

Do not mistake this with any form of stupidity. this js the CORRECT way to fight a domestic insurgency.

PS many an argument can be made that not escalating is denying the pakis the ability to operate with more freedom. With the Americans withdrawing from astan where do you think energies are going to be redirected?

This is no black and white. There are way too many moving pieces in this equation
I am no expert and shall bow to anyone with more knowledge.
Out of interest, where was the nearest civilian habitat to this encounter site?

rkhanna

Country flag
I am no expert and shall bow to anyone with more knowledge.
Out of interest, where was the nearest civilian habitat to this encounter site?
Doesn't matter. Can you understand the bureaucracy you would need to get an Authorization to pick an encounter site and get approval from new Delhi. Also don't forget the encounter site is not static

It's inside indian territory. One size fits all. Also always the risk of nomads/villagers etc etc somewhere out in the wilderness.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Doesn't matter. Can you understand the bureaucracy you would need to get an Authorization to pick an encounter site and get approval from new Delhi. Also don't forget the encounter site is not static

It's inside indian territory. One size fits all. Also always the risk of nomads/villagers etc etc somewhere out in the wilderness.
We have double standards.

Bombing NE is totally fine coz no pressure will be put on us but using a gunship in Kashmir is not ok because Pakistan will raise the issue in UN.

Pakistan...which uses terrorists as a national asset to kill its children(not APS ones) and then bombs them with jets.

Vande1947

Country flag

Seems a perverse logic if getting the auth from Delhi is correct
the fact that drones have been used means that auth is there. Once the drones narrowly pinpoint the site and paras landed from helis close to it, then I really do not understand the rationale of current Roe that the helis cannot strafe the site when contact is achieved.

the nomads/villagers have an acute sense of self preservation--will scamper on knowing of an operation

'hearts and minds'---no one gives a f... about that. Never worked and never will. The reasonable one will not object to a terrorist die, the unreasonable one--well, they are unreasonable!!

There was some mention of NE India and helms being used there and not in Kashmir. Considering that both are parts of India--why the double standards.

it all points back to the fact that both our political and military ( because of years of political interference ) hierarchy are letting our braves fight and die with one arm tied behind their backs

Just my 2 pennies worth. I am sure the more knowledgeable members will have their point of view.

Vande1947

Country flag
Who is to be blamed here the niggas who have gathered around or the officers who have a policy of returning bodies of terrorists for Randi Rona Samelan.

If they are so concerned about social distancing then they better burn the bodies of terrorist in this way they won't pollute the soil and spare acres of land for Farming.

Why are the bodies returned anyway did supreme court order this?
I would have given the bodies to medical colleges for study.

Just burn them
Will be of waste in an anatomy lab
Courtesy under Geneva Convention extends to an uniformed opponent in a declared conflict and certainly not to a terrorist ( in some cases a paki soldier in civvies which is even worse than a fifth columnist ).

AbRaj

Country flag

Thank god , at least we don’t need Approval of UN,POTUS and Ashtar Galactic Command

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles