Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbRaj

Country flag
The only other people I hear this from are... *gasp*

Let me get this straight-
Using attack choppers and tanks and mortars and LGBs on 5 dudes is courage (on your own territory no less) but foot soldiers going head to head in a right proper firefight is cowardice?

Where are you from mate, would love to meet you and discuss this one on one..
DM me your whatsapp number and we can talk on video about the absolute mindfuck of a logic that you just poured in this forum.
Don't worry, I'll be polite. I'm just baffled and curious.
First thing first My reply was kind of unorganised so you got it wrong.
I never said pakis are an example of bravery. But what they did on 27was infact courageous.

PS: They killed 5of our elite boys using disposables without giving a fuvk about India or International community. Also hearing the rumours that world is going to give them relief from FATF so that they can focus on strengthening terror infrastructure across LOC.

AbRaj

Country flag
Sad news, RIP to the brave Paras who laid down their lives. Glad to see the Pigs were dispatched to hell.

Some say there were trainees or early graduates among them, well completion of probation doesn't mean they are fully ready. After probation comes real-life ops and their training continues for another 4 years at least. This is when they visit different battle schools at different locations to enhance their training in between deployments.

COIN ops in extreme terrain, the climate is always difficult regardless of years of training, the terrain, surroundings provide great equalizing advantages to the enemy. Keep in mind those are not regular pigs. They too are trained to basic commando level training, they don't send regular run of mill pigs for high altitude crossings. The altitude is around 10K feet.

Those courageous ones fought till their last breath, in the face of bad luck/timing, they made sure those Pigs got halaled. :shoot:

Drones with thermals, night vision alone won't help in those high altitude forests, we need foliage penetration radars on those drones. Not sure if there are small backpackable drones that have those sensors yet on the market.
Sad to hear we lost our men. What happened exactly. Is there any lapse in the SOP?
It’s simply unacceptable to loose men for what is considered as disposables mofos.

AbRaj

Country flag
Causalities Are Part Fighting
LOL UF 12-15 SF guys were Killed In Single SAM Strike in Afghanistan

They are Not Terrorist But But ISI CAD Like SG

First Lets the news get confirmed
Army brass should organise suicide parties then if dying is the only Goal we have. Why bother pakis with half hearted attempts. Let them do whatever they want to.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Depends on the war.
War aims do not depend on War. It is the aims that necessitates the War.

Everything likely cannot be achieved at once.
So I asked what is our main problem with Pakistan ? Define it.

There will have to be an initial war for PoJK. Then, either as part of that war, or another war (either conventional or sub-conventional like Russia's Donbass and Crimea campaign) - we must take back certain pieces of land like Hindu parts of Sindh, Sikh areas in W. Punjab, and strategic features like Akhnoor Dagger & Shakargarh Bulge.
Do not confuse issues. Is there any thing which can achieve all together? After all you have decided to use last resort of state instrument. India will certianly not conduct War for such worthless objectives as Akhnoor dagger.

Then a final, definitive war where we finally deliver the much discussed bifurcation coup de grace which permanently separates Sindh & Balochistan from Paki Punjab.
So you want four weak neighbours on the West which can be bought piecemeal by any Sikh or CIA or some Financier to fuck us even harder?

I'm in favor of fomenting a massive, unfixable insurgency in Pak's Pashtun Areas before fighting such a definitive war as well.
Why War if it can be achieved by other means. War is not a football match.

My long term goal is a disarmed, denuclearized, landlocked West Punjab which is permanently put in its place.
It can easily be achived without War.

Absolutely. Not all of it. But PoJK, Eastern Sindh, slivers of West Punjab, Akhnoor Dagger and Shakargarh Bulge are all a must.
You mean you do not accept partition of India ? and want back the land and 22 Crore Jihadi Abduls.

No, once you see my stated vision; it should be clear I have no interests in taking on such a big population (not that I'd give them all the ability to vote anyways). Sindh and Balochistan must become independent countries which are friendly to India and bound by defense treaties.
Be clear what you want, You are trying to shop like a child who wants all cars in the show window.

I absolutely want to deliver a severe blow in terms of death + financial damage as well - along with a resultant psychological blow.
You will be hanged for War crimes. Though Pakistani generals are yet to be hanged for their War crimes in Bangladesh. All of them are fucking 72 virgins by now I suppose.

No. Other approaches can form part of the greater strategy; but the final solutions will require India to get into the ring and get its hands dirty - even if it's only to deliver a final death blow.
Tell me the aim, Do not bash up the bush.

Only because India always sucked at following through/capitalizing on gains. India made a habit of bungling its strategy, or even worse - losing wars it had already won at the negotiating table. India is paying the price for its lack of killer instinct - it's both ironic and tragicomical to use that as an argument against war.
That is because someone like you was at the helm of affairs who did not know abac of War and what the country needs? They decided to terminate Wars on their whims and fancies.

Coming to the crux of my point; what the hell are all these tanks for? They're certainly not for deterrence - you don't need THIS many tanks to deter Pakistan, nor do you need another 400 new ones.
So that is your crux = that IA do not need tanks. Will your allow our soldiers to throw stones or you would nationalise those too.

It also isn't deterring them from carrying out their 3 decade old subconventional war anyways. Your tanks didn't stop the Parliament Attack, they haven't solved J&K, they couldn't stop 26/11, and they can't even prevent Uri, Pathankot and Pulwama.
War is not a solution to sub conventional warfare. That is foregone conclusion but jingos still talk of War without knowing what they want.

So either use them - hence the exasperated suggestion to at least invade Pak after buying all this hardware - or stop buying new ones and pissing away money which is in short supply already. Because to be very honest, currently they're just sitting and rusting.
Any government is willing to fund some one else who can deter war for half the price. Try it.

So, this is what happens when people talk of matters military.

Last edited:

AbRaj

Country flag
Before the better equipment gang starts their circle jerk... please do analyze what actually happened

Surely it was not the fault of boys. Something terribly went wrong. Faulty intel or information gathering maybe. Should have done proper recce before insertion.

AbRaj

Country flag
Two squads of the elite unit were deployed to locate and take down the infiltrators but the operation was carried out under heavy snow that hampered visibility. Source said that the squad led by Subedar Sanjeev Kumar spotted the footsteps on the terrorists in the snow and followed the trail.

At one point, the hardened snow under their feet gave way and three members of the squad stumbled into a nallah and right on top of the terrorists who were hiding there. In the ensuing battle at point blank range, where the terrorists had an advantage as they had been waiting, the squad managed to put up a fight.

Seeing their comrades under heavy fire, the two soldiers who had managed to evade the collapsing snow also rushed into the battle zone, together managing to take down the entire batch of five infiltrating terrorists.

“The soldiers and the terrorist were found barely a few feet away when the other squad reached the position. The para soldiers had put up a strong fight even after stumbling down and the squad members rushed in to help,” sources told ET.

( maut k samne ane k liye jigra chaiye hota h wo bhi sher ka those two soldiers who managed to take down 5 terrorists could have left or waited for the reinforcement but they charged . I'm proud of our troops)
How do we know that they were only five??????
It’s highly probable that they were greater in numbers and remaining fled after the battle was over.
It’s seems very dubious claim.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
War aims do not depend on War. It is the aims that necessitates the War.
I can already sense this will be a waste of my time, but I will indulge you for a little bit. As mentioned already - I envision having to fight multiple wars, with incremental goals - to achieve my final objective.

So it obviously depends on what stage we're at - both the short and long term goals are clearly stated. Can't be any more clear than this.

So I asked what is our main problem with Pakistan ? Define it.
Pakistan's very existence in its current form.

Do not confuse issues. Is there any thing which can achieve all together? After all you have decided to use last resort of state instrument. India will certianly not conduct War for such worthless objectives as Akhnoor dagger.
This shows a clear lack of reading comprehension.

So you want four weak neighbours on the West which can be bought piecemeal by any Sikh or CIA or some Financier to fuck us even harder?
Bogus argument, shows weak understanding of geopolitics. What part of treaty bound friendly nations is difficult to understand? And are you really this scared of countries which could vaguely be prone to CIA interference; as if you aren't currently bordered by a country with a nuclear weapon program + strong military that constantly harasses you at the bidding of bigger more powerful enemies? If the CIA wants to fuck with you do you really think they can't work directly in India - a country where countless people are up for sale, espc. in Gvt/politics/bureaucracy?

Was Eastern Bloc successfully used to fuck USSR? Or was it a collection of satellite states tightly controlled by them? Has Latin America successfully been used to fuck the USA?

If you're so terrified of a couple potential satellite countries, and can't even exercise control over that easy of a neighborhood, there are much deeper troubles.

Why War if it can be achieved by other means. War is not a football match.
Because it clearly cannot.You can only create certain favorable circumstances, final blows will have to be dealt in a war.

And if it were so straight forward to achieve without conflict, it really is inexplicable why we haven't seen more progress towards these ends in recent times.

It can easily be achived without War.
No, it clearly can't.

You mean you do not accept partition of India ? and want back the land and 22 Crore Jihadi Abduls.
Stupid comment, either properly read and understand what's written before commenting, or don't waste my time.

Be clear what you want, You are trying to shop like a child who wants all cars in the show window.
I'm crystal clear, if your mind is confused, that's not my problem.

You will be hanged for War crimes. Though Pakistani generals are yet to hanged for their War crimes in Bangladesh. All of them are fucking 72 virgins by now I suppose.
Another stupid comment, stop wasting my time with nonsense.

Tell me the aim, Do not bash up the bush.
Have been damn clear about it. The only one beating* around the bush here, with pointless lengthy rants, is you.

That is because someone like you was at the helm of affairs who did not know abac of War and what the country needs? They decided to terminate Wars on their whims and fancies.
If you're going to engage with me, type in clear, proper English that can be understood. The past leadership was incredibly inept. Either in the way it handled the wars, or in the way it handled the negotiations - or both. And the less said about Gvts which missed out on opportunities to strike, the better.

So that is your crux = that IA do not need tanks. Will your allow our soldiers to throw stones on you would nationalise those too.
Typical idiotic exaggeration. Crux is that this many tanks aren't needed, and the ones already present in the Army are sitting and gathering rust - while money we don't even have is blown on another 400 or so. 400 more tanks which will also gather rust. The money would be better spent on the Air Force or Navy, or even allocated towards the needs of actual soldiers.

War is not a solution to sub conventional warfare. That is foregone conclusion but jingos still talk of War without knowing what they want.
It actually is, but that's a lengthy subject to get into, and I strongly suspect at this point that I'm wasting my time. You likely wouldn't grasp the points I made, and would respond with more semi-English gibberish like before.

Any government is willing to fund some one else who can deter war for half the price. Try it.

So, this is what happens when people talk of matters military.
More gibberish. Stop wasting my time. Off to sleep now.

Last edited:

AbRaj

Country flag
It's from army report.
How do you know that there were more than 5 terrorists their? Your courageous gernail from Pakistan told you?
Yes. Jarnail sahib told that Mujahid the muzz were more than what kuffers are telling. They were here for Ghajawa .

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Like @abingdonboy asked, I would also like to know just what exactly is the IA doing with those Rudras ?? Fit only for air shows and ads ? Why not actually use them in this Op, given that there is no civilian nearby. If ALH can airdrop SF , Rudra can spot and fire on the enemy too....
Perhaps @Bhadra @rkhanna know the answer ?

rkhanna

Country flag
Like @abingdonboy asked, I would also like to know just what exactly is the IA doing with those Rudras ?? Fit only for air shows and ads ? Why not actually use them in this Op, given that there is no civilian nearby. If ALH can airdrop SF , Rudra can spot and fire on the enemy too....
Perhaps @Bhadra @rkhanna know the answer ?
We are not allowed armed air support within the confines of the domestic territory. COIN SOP. Only in thr NE is limited armed cas allowed. And ROE are defensive.

They are non discriminate weapon systems and hence are not allowed to be deployed.

It's also keeping the conflict within a certain threshold. . You press armed rotary assets in theater and manapads and RPGs will enter the valley.

Snowcat

Country flag
We are not allowed armed air support within the confines of the domestic territory. COIN SOP. Only in thr NE is limited armed cas allowed. And ROE are defensive.

They are non discriminate weapon systems and hence are not allowed to be deployed.

It's also keeping the conflict within a certain threshold. . You press armed rotary assets in theater and manapads and RPGs will enter the valley.
I mean I can understand if this is something that happens between two nations when they are directly involved in skirmishes. But do you seriously think terrorists wouldn't use them of they were able to. Smuggling manpads over such such terrain seems to be the problem and that's probably why they aren't doing it yet.

rkhanna

Country flag
I mean I can understand if this is something that happens between two nations when they are directly involved in skirmishes. But do you seriously think terrorists wouldn't use them of they were able to. Smuggling manpads over such such terrain seems to be the problem and that's probably why they aren't doing it yet.
The mountains is only one way to get things into kashmir there are others. The drug routes via the desert and punjab brings tons of bad shit into our country. And with the backing of political parties. Also Don't forget thst kargil saw the Pakis lug manpads up mountain tops.

Lastly this IS an armed conflict between 2 nations.

fyodor

Country flag
I can already sense this will be a waste of my time, but I will indulge you for a little bit. As mentioned already - I envision having to fight multiple wars, with incremental goals - to achieve my final objective.

So it obviously depends on what stage we're at - both the short and long term goals are clearly stated. Can't be any more clear than this.

Bogus argument, shows weak understanding of geopolitics. What part of treaty bound friendly nations is difficult to understand? And are you really this scared of countries which could vaguely be prone to CIA interference; as if you aren't currently bordered by a country with a nuclear weapon program + strong military that constantly harasses you at the bidding of bigger more powerful enemies? If the CIA wants to fuck with you do you really think they can't work directly in India - a country where countless people are up for sale, espc. in Gvt/politics/bureaucracy?

Was Eastern Bloc successfully used to fuck USSR? Or was it a collection of satellite states tightly controlled by them? Has Latin America successfully been used to fuck the USA?

If you're so terrified of a couple potential satellite countries, and can't even exercise control over that easy of a neighborhood, there are much deeper troubles.

Because it clearly cannot.You can only create certain favorable circumstances, final blows will have to be dealt in a war.

And if it were so straight forward to achieve without conflict, it really is inexplicable why we haven't seen more progress towards these ends in recent times.

No, it clearly can't.

Stupid comment, either properly read and understand what's written before commenting, or don't waste my time.

Have been damn clear about it. The only one beating* around the bush here, with pointless lengthy rants, is you.

If you're going to engage with me, type in clear, proper English that can be understood. The past leadership was incredibly inept. Either in the way it handled the wars, or in the way it handled the negotiations - or both. And the less said about Gvts which missed out on opportunities to strike, the better.

Typical idiotic exaggeration. Crux is that this many tanks aren't needed, and the ones already present in the Army are sitting and gathering rust - while money we don't even have is blown on another 400 or so. 400 more tanks which will also gather rust. The money would be better spent on the Air Force or Navy, or even allocated towards the needs of actual soldiers.

It actually is, but that's a lengthy subject to get into, and I strongly suspect at this point that I'm wasting my time. You likely wouldn't grasp the points I made, and would respond with more semi-English gibberish like before.

Agree with everything you said. The deeper issue why Indians are so averse to a final solution is because they lack the fighting spirit. It is a symptom of the weak to imagine that problems will go away just by not looking at them. A strong person/society seeks to change the status quo by action.

Notice how the bogus statement of small countries(Sindh/Balochistan) being controlled by CIA to damage India is brought in this agreement. Just another example of a weak mind looking for flimsy cover. What stops R&AW from using those small countries for its own advantage? A weak mind cannot think along these lines because it fears any conflict deep down.

I am not blaming the original person who made this comment. Infact, this may very well be the mainstream view of Indian society or atleast the Government of India. 1000 years of slavery has taken its toll. I also suspect that degenration had crept in our society much earlier, otherwise how could such a large mass of people & land could be reigned over by barbarians for so long?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

No, it clearly can't.

Rahane Do Bacche Tum Se Na Ho Payega..
Do not spam the thread.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Latest info after debriefing: It was a team of 6 Special Forces’ personnel which fell down into frozen nallah. 1 survived to tell the heroic fight that ensued. 2 fell straight into nallah. 3 were able to take support of a boulder. One’s fall was arrested by a tree. (Source: @ThePrintIndia)
Tarmak007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles