Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

NutCracker

Country flag
Also, I understand Rafale won't be coming anytime soon, but if we, let's say even place the order in 2023, we will start seeing deliveries by 2025, and by 2030 we will have 50+ Rafales, which is, you know, better than zero.
Agree with most points but 3 yrs from order to first delivery is minimum in aircraft industry.

Then again at which stage the tender is stuck??
Also Rafale prod line is already running on full capacity, expect a longer delay.

NutCracker

Country flag
IAF isn't interested in ORCA, AF equivalent of TEBDF.
IAF will fulfill its need of indigenous 4.5th generation fighter from Tejas Mk. 2.
Currently ORCA doesn't fall in IAF procurement plan due to acquisition of Tejas Mk. 2.
ORCA need will rise when 20 years later su30MKI starts to retire.
I hope IAF isn't planning high maintanence stealth coated AMCA as su30 replacements.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Hopefully this puts an end to any thought of F18. Just go with more Rafale, make the supply chain smoother
And how are you going to fit them in Vikrants' lift?
IMHO, Navy should go with Mig 29 until TBDEF arrives. Also, Vikaramditya goes in some sort of servicing/reparing 90% of the time. Those Mig29 of Vikaramditya cab be put to good use.

Marial jahaz = Vikaramditya

Blademaster

And how are you going to fit them in Vikrants' lift?
IMHO, Navy should go with Mig 29 until TBDEF arrives. Also, Vikaramditya goes in some sort of servicing/reparing 90% of the time. Those Mig29 of Vikaramditya cab be put to good use.

Marial jahaz = Vikaramditya
I would support this plan if they come out with a TEDBF tech demonstrator or prototype by now. But they have only yet to begin designing the plans and AUTOCAD drawings. They have not even manufactured any of the components. And the Mig-29Ks are rapidly aging due to the maritime stress of landing and taking off in afterburner constantly.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
IAF keeps harping about 114 MRFA and 42 squadrons. Meanwhile, PLAAF is inducting 120 jets in one year.

IAF really needs to revise 42 squadrons number upwards to at least 60. And to reach and maintain that number, we need around 40 jets per annum in long term and more than that in the short term. Currently we are hovering around 12-16 on a good year.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
IAF keeps harping about 114 MRFA and 42 squadrons. Meanwhile, PLAAF is inducting 120 jets in one year.

IAF really needs to revise 42 squadrons number upwards to at least 60. And to reach and maintain that number, we need around 40 jets per annum in long term and more than that in the short term. Currently we are hovering around 12-16 on a good year.
Let em conclude 42 in our lifetime .
60.hota rahega baad me

vidhwanshak

Country flag
I would support this plan if they come out with a TEDBF tech demonstrator or prototype by now. But they have only yet to begin designing the plans and AUTOCAD drawings. They have not even manufactured any of the components. And the Mig-29Ks are rapidly aging due to the maritime stress of landing and taking off in afterburner constantly.
You are right. TEDBF development would take at least a decade excluding commissioning.
Anyways, the point is F-18, and Rafale deal shouldn't move forward for the Indian Navy. The whole Vikrant design is made keeping in mind that Mig29 would be there. Now at the last moment, they are jumping for Rafale F-18..... what kind of shitty planning is this?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Apna beta Rafale udaye... Doosre ka Mig-21.
Shrimaan sach kehta hu, maine kalpana bhi nai ki thi ki kabhi apne jeevan me aisa bhi kuch padhunga , aap adbhut hain .
Aur ye koi kataax nai hai aapke upar .
Balki prashansha hai apki

Global Defence

New threads

Articles