India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehwag213

Country flag
INDIA TV is reporting that chinese have also begin to withdraw from finger 4 at pangong tso lake

:scared2::scared2:

what kind of treachery trickery is this? :notsure:
Maybe we went 2 km back in our territory. So , they have to go in their side also.😐

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
India is building another road if worst case scenario occurs. We should thank China for waking us at the right time.
yes, the other road that is being constructed is the main road, we started constructing the road long before the stand off and is half completed by now.

the road that you are seeing in the map near galwan valley is feeder road and intended to reach all forward operating posts near lac. that's why that road is so close to the Chinese position.

Varun2002

Country flag
One thing that is not clear, from maps or reports. Is the town of Gogra entirely within India, or only partly, or is it not a town at all, but an area or valley? Asking, because it definitely comes up in the border deliberations!

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
I asked my merchant navy son-in-law working with one of the biggest multinational ship building companies in Shanghai since Feb, arriving there before the Lockdown, on the effects on the relations between Indians and the ordinary Chinese on what's going on in Ladakh.

Seems it's not the people but the CCP and the media like GT that's screwing with the world.
On WhatsApp:

Mike: Seeing the tension between India and China, are indians getting affected there?

**** : The tension is only happening back home......Here, people don't care much, with most info reaching them only through govt channels and statements......However, people on Weibo do show some disgruntlement with what their govt is doing! The ordinary citizen continues to be polite and respectful to all foreigners, especially Indians and goes about his / her work with professionalism and dedication......No, the Chinese do not need the rhetoric, they go by their business, in ruthless fashion..... We Indians are pretty safe here!

Sehwag213

Country flag
I asked my merchant navy son-in-law working with one of the biggest multinational ship building companies in Shanghai since Feb, arriving there before the Lockdown, on the effects on the relations between Indians and the ordinary Chinese on what's going on in Ladakh.

Seems it's not the people but the CCP and the media like GT that's screwing with the world.
On WhatsApp:

Mike: Seeing the tension between India and China, are indians getting affected there?

**** : The tension is only happening back home......Here, people don't care much, with most info reaching them only through govt channels and statements......However, people on Weibo do show some disgruntlement with what their govt is doing! The ordinary citizen continues to be polite and respectful to all foreigners, especially Indians and goes about his / her work with professionalism and dedication......No, the Chinese do not need the rhetoric, they go by their business, in ruthless fashion..... We Indians are pretty safe here!
That is because they haven't released their casualties figure.
Things were pretty normal in India too. It took an ugly turn on 16th june , when we knew our 20 soldiers were KIA.
I highly doubt things would have been normal in China in case they released their casualties figure.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Our main aim should be to gain Aksai Hind. I don't know , why we are so fixated at April 2 status quo .
I agree! Why do we want the PLA to withdraw only from Hot Springs, Depsang, Gogra etc? It's intriguing why our govt is not stressing that the Chinese vacate Aksai Chin up to the British proposed McCartney-Macdonald line that China had accepted as the boundary. (The Chinese had already taken over the territory north of it then and built a road through it linking Xinjiang with Tibet). Thus the area SW of this line is illegally occupied by China since 1962. They obviously won't vacate, but it would be a good bargaining issue and put them on the defensive. But for this we still need to grow some balls and think big.

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
That is because they haven't released their casualties figure.
Things were pretty normal in India too. It took an ugly turn on 16th june , when we knew our 20 soldiers were KIA.
I highly doubt things would have been normal in China in case they released their casualties figure.
Many Chinese are aware of their casualties (One can't hide this forever in a globally connected world) but are blaming in couched words their govt and holding them responsible for not according their martyrs the respect that needs to be shown to the fallen. So things are hotting up against the iron hand of the CCP.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
No country lives in isolation today. Your grand assumption that nobody will help India is patently false.
There must be reason for the magnanimity. USA and Western model and framework for existence of the world and the world order is not based on Compassion but exploration even if by us of forces. Or even if they have to entirely eliminate the population.

I do not see a reason for US special love for India accept the present circumstances wherein USA and West would like to use India and a neo Colony and client sate for a market of their product specially of their Military - Industrial products.

India will get help when she asks for help. If India did not ask in the first place, then why blame others.
Help means free ?? Show me the dollars and I will give what you want.

You have been blind to quick offer of USA to supply equipment as per need.

American soldiers fighting for India is not needed.
I acknowledge that but nothing is free. relate to answered of the earlier questions..

Cheran

Country flag
PM & President should have greeted Dalai Lama. Are we still so caring about Chinese "sensitivities"?

garg_bharat

Country flag
1594091948745.png

Watch the American actions vis a vis China carefully. India China border situation is strongly linked to USA-China dispute and informal quad of four democracies.

Though India has not made any formal commitment to Quad, it is clear that China already feels threatened.

sydsnyper

Country flag
This video is not available on YouTube India.
Kuchh nahi bhai, sirf chini veterans aur chini "unbiased neutral experts" ka opinion liya hai along with a very very liberal viewing of old 1962 PLA propaganda videos aur hamari maari hai.. koi matlab nahi banta dekh ke.

garg_bharat

Country flag
There must be reason for the magnanimity. USA and Western model and framework for existence of the world and the world order is not based on Compassion but exploration even if by us of forces. Or even if they have to entirely eliminate the population.

I do not see a reason for US special love for India accept the present circumstances wherein USA and West would like to use India and a neo Colony and client sate for a market of their product specially of their Military - Industrial products.

Help means free ?? Show me the dollars and I will give what you want.

I acknowledge that but nothing is free. relate to answered of the earlier questions..
USA model is far better than Chinese model. I will take USA model any day if forced to choose between USA and China.

India is a democracy and its future lies with the democracies of the world.

India MUST nurture its own democracy as well as take leadership to nurture other democracies.

Get this neo-colony BS out of your head. USA cannot convert India to a colony. Nobody can at this point.

India's relationship with China has to sour as India cannot see its industries go to dogs like USA. India has to feed crores of people.

As far as military equipment is concerned, a lot of equipment is NOT available for a price. Your contention is wrong. Arms have a variety of export controls. You will get certain things only if your have correct allies.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Research and development creativity and innovation is systematically discouraged in India our entire education system is designed to do that maybe we inherited it from British rule, British gave the authority to upper cast to collect taxes from poor masses our education system IITS AIIMS and Business schools like IIM are also designed to produce slaves for TATA and Birla Inspite of having a huge pool of science graduates I don’t see that much of research and development in India as much as it happens in UK US Japan Korea Israel or even China

LDev

Country flag
Nice interview by Nitin Gokhale of Jayadeva Ranade who makes some excellent points on the decision to dis-engage after the Doval-Wang Yi conversation and why it means so little:

There is zero trust in India on the Chinese statements to withdraw. It will be accepted only after verification.

There is no timeline to complete the withdrawals and restore the status quo and so it could take forever.

The Chinese have not given up on their objectives. It is just that they came to the conclusion that this is not the right time to pursue them after they realized on June 15 that any push into India will result in a major war.

The next time they will come back faster and in greater strength to give the IA less time to prepare and deploy in strength.

The objective seems to be to cut off DBO at the very least and maybe a more ambitious target of cutting off India's access to the Siachen glacier as well.

IA and specially the IAF have to be more proactive in monitoring the border. Much greater use of UAVs and satellite imagery to monitor PLA movements. And a willingness by the IA to do a "
quid pro quo" i.e. grab some other Chinese border area to bargain with. According to Ranade there are quite a few areas along the border which the IA could grab, hold and then bargain with if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles