India-China Border conflict

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
You guys checked these out? (Translate & read the chink side on it)

Full contested LAC map...
Screenshot_2023-11-14-10-29-47-049_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

Our Depsang patrol route which Chinese blocked at 2020 standoff at Y-junction... It'd seem were being quite forward-policy & both sides cried incursion.
Screenshot_2023-11-14-10-33-07-710_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

Pangong Lake borders..
Screenshot_2023-11-14-10-33-36-595_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag

Full contacted LAC map...
View attachment 229125

Our Depsang patrol route which Chinese blocked at 2020 standoff at Y-junction... It'd seem were being quite forward-policy & both sides cried incursion.View attachment 229127

Pangong Lake borders..
View attachment 229129
Yeah these maps were discussed thoroughly in 2022 ig
500 page number approx

rockdog

Country flag

Full contested LAC map...
View attachment 229125

Our Depsang patrol route which Chinese blocked at 2020 standoff at Y-junction... It'd seem were being quite forward-policy & both sides cried incursion.View attachment 229127

Pangong Lake borders..
View attachment 229129
This is the guy i talked about. He is quite pro on making such kind of map based on OSINT.

Any news came out, he would draw a map,

eg. there was a news about the border talk updates between Buthan and China, he publish the map accordingly.

mmexport1699947434691.jpg

mmexport1699947412835.jpg

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Rare Indian Army W where we are using Untested Ungoldplated Non Import based TAPAS.

Good to see this usage otherwise they will claim Patna is under Qing Dynasty in 11th Century.
I told few days ago it's under user trial in NE, this was what I was talking about. We are probably testing its Satcom & data link connectivity by testing it against Chinese EW.

Azaad

Country flag
You will have to do some digging for that. But probably Soviet-copies of RPG-2.
That's not the point & you know that . Compared to the 1960s it's hell for tanks & I mean tanks with full protection given the myriad anti tank systems in operation today especially with the Chinese. Then there're drones to contend with. And these are light tanks we're talking about with little protection worth the name.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
That's not the point & you know that .
I see, I thought you were asking a genuine question, but it seems you are playing a hypothetical smartass.

Compared to the 1960s it's hell for tanks & I mean tanks with full protection given the myriad anti tank systems in operation today especially with the Chinese. Then there're drones to contend with. And these are light tanks we're talking about with little protection worth the name.
On the same line of argument, shall we abandon our air force for the sake of air defense? After all, today's air defense is so good any flying object stands no chance.

Is Russia abandoning tanks because they had first-hand experience with losing a lot of tanks to drones ? Is Ukraine abandoning tanks because Russian FPV drones are taking out even Leopards ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanks seem vulnerable because ATGMs in urban environments or forested areas easily ambush them. The shoot & scoot tactics of infantry where they come out of bushes, fire a 4th gen. auto-guided ATGM, and run back to hide.

Ladakh & Tibetian plateau present no such hiding or ambush environment. TI sights will pick up infantry from miles away, much before they can get into ATGMs range. Mobility is also an issue in such flat terrain. Chinese even with taking losses can quickly blitzkrieg us. Before you can load another round into your ATGM tanks will be in your face.

Azaad

Country flag
I see, I thought you were asking a genuine question, but it seems you are playing a hypothetical smartass.

On the same line of argument, shall we abandon our air force for the sake of air defense? After all, today's air defense is so good any flying object stands no chance.

Is Russia abandoning tanks because they had first-hand experience with losing a lot of tanks to drones ? Is Ukraine abandoning tanks because Russian FPV drones are taking out even Leopards ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanks seem vulnerable because ATGMs in urban environments or forested areas easily ambush them. The shoot & scoot tactics of infantry where they come out of bushes, fire a 4th gen. auto-guided ATGM, and run back to hide.

Ladakh & Tibetian plateau present no such hiding or ambush environment. TI sights will pick up infantry from miles away, much before they can get into ATGMs range. Mobility is also an issue in such flat terrain. Chinese even with taking losses can quickly blitzkrieg us. Before you can load another round into your ATGM tanks will be in your face.
Did you miss the part about light tanks being more vulnerable than medium or heavy tanks ? I think the advances made in tank destruction vs tank armour & sensors is definitely much more viz : much more sophisticated & much cheaper than ADS vs Air Power.

If the situation in Ukraine is what it is for medium & heavy Russian tanks with definitely more armour than what a light tank possesses or our proposed light tank is supposed to have , the situation can well be imagined. Incidentally this holds true for the Chinese as well .

another_armchair

Country flag
Imo, given the volume of tube arty fire both sides can bring upon each other, light tank formations appear quite vulnerable in theory at least.

Not exploring other defensive scenarios/options from assorted ATGMs, anti tank weapons for the time being.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles