India-China Border conflict

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I do think our population has lost the appetite for war and bloodshed.
This ahimsa park dhamma got pushed on us after Gandhi died and even further by congress in the early 2000 such that gen Z is full of farggots.
Even now the Raksha Mantri is saying we never invaded any country, Modi saying era of expansion is over. How will this help building up psyche of the people? Modis mouth is his own demise.

You remember the whole Ukraibe medical student Fiasco? Gen Z maggots were complaining for the smallest thing. Imagine if in a war with Fakistan a plane full of students gets hijacked. The Gandu parents will flock to parliament in order to make us surrender.

Warlike attitude has been fizzled out by the gov propaganda itself.
People such as below does not exist.

skunk works

Country flag
This Bangladeshi radar thing is overblown. There is not even 100% credible news of it is true, and even if they did install a radar, what's the big deal ? Bangladesh sending radar data to China is a fever dream of DFIs here.

Threatening Bangladesh with jamming, BrahMos, and salami slicing, (if GoI chooses to do that) will only strengthen their case to install it. Rather we should have such an incredible parity in military power that small countries like Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal couldn't even dream of military actions against us, not even by their wildest military fanboys.
Agree. Anyway our airspace is already monitored by China, i don't think they need a radar in Bangladesh at all.

The Shrike

Country flag
While it's true that we have not seen any wars with very high casualties/losses in living memory (post independence), the value of life in India is also very low - if I'm not wrong our most expensive war has been the CI/CT we have been doing for 3+ decades - and most people don't seem to give a flying f*ck beyond 15min of outrage.

The randi rona you see after Abhinandan or Galwan was people were filling the negative space caused by the non reaction of the government. Having a pilot shot down and captured in enemy territory or loosing a few troops in a skirmish is quite routine in a conflict - unless that's the only event that happens. Imagine in 1971 after the pakis attacked our airbases, instead of preparing for a counter strike on thier airbase within hours, all we did was was organise a press conference where hapless airmen display fragments of the bombs that PAF used to attack us?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
While it's true that we have not seen any wars with very high casualties/losses in living memory (post independence), the value of life in India is also very low - if I'm not wrong our most expensive war has been the CI/CT we have been doing for 3+ decades - and most people don't seem to give a flying f*ck beyond 15min of outrage.

The randi rona you see after Abhinandan or Galwan was people were filling the negative space caused by the non reaction of the government. Having a pilot shot down and captured in enemy territory or loosing a few troops in a skirmish is quite routine in a conflict - unless that's the only event that happens. Imagine in 1971 after the pakis attacked our airbases, instead of preparing for a counter strike on thier airbase within hours, all we did was was organise a press conference where hapless airmen display fragments of the bombs that PAF used to attack us?
Let's not ignore the role played by news media and sm, during these events, and the line they took. the messaging they amplified was blatantly anti-government starting with that story published by praveen swamy when that paki smuggling boat was lit up by coast guard in 2015 new year.

ultimately it boils down to PR capability of Indian state.

mokoman

Country flag

yea . randi rona by public is always over inaction . nobody is crying because soldiers died . people cry because bat soup killed 20 of our people - glorius leader says 'koi nahi gussa' and now they release vids mocking our dead.

of course everything will make sense once people start understanding ground reality . that there r very little good options and we cant start a war with the PLA over few dead soldiers or a wasteland.

pankaj nema

Country flag
anti-war activism which was created during U.S's unipolar moment, riding on exponential growth of mass communication during this period.
US casualties in Afghanistan and Iraq after 9 /11 were 10 thousand dead and 1 MILLION injured

So Naturally they don't want any more casualties

Europeans have been pacifist since WW2

China has Social Political problems

So if they Attack India OR Taiwan and loose Thousands of Boys of Single Child Families, it will lead to an uprising against CCP

Indian society will accept Casualties
ONLY in a Defensive Conflict like Kargil and Galwan

If We go For POK , then The Opposition parties will say that PM
has sacrificed Hundreds of Soldiers for Political Ends

Only a Dictator like Putin can go for an aggression and still remain popular

JBH22

US casualties in Afghanistan and Iraq after 9 /11 were 10 thousand dead and 1 MILLION injured

So if they Attack India OR Taiwan and loose Thousands of Boys of Single Child Families, it will lead to an uprising against CCP

PUTIN war is inevitable it was either he throws a punch first or wait for them to attack. As he likes to point out when fight is inevitable throw in the punch first. NaTO is in process of surrounding them with hostile states and Russians are fully aware it is a war for survival.

Country flag

Where did you get 10k killed in afg and Iraq? Going for POK will mean 1000s of killed from our side, and casualty evacuation in hilly and mountain areas will make it worse

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
yea . randi rona by public is always over inaction . nobody is crying because soldiers died . people cry because bat soup killed 20 of our people - glorius leader says 'koi nahi gussa' and now they release vids mocking our dead.

of course everything will make sense once people start understanding ground reality . that there r very little good options and we cant start a war with the PLA over few dead soldiers or a wasteland.
and also the case which aspect of the messaging is being amplified. take all the posts on threads related to galwan clash here at DFI. How many times "Koi nahi ghusa" has been amplified and how much amplification the fact that the pics the chini are releasing are located 1.5 km into chini controlled territory is getting.

"koi nahi ghusa" part of the narrative is being amplified 99% more than the who actually "ghusa" where, here at DFI itself.

defensive mindset has become all pervasive.

mokoman

Country flag
and also the case which aspect of the messaging is being amplified. take all the posts on threads related to galwan clash here at DFI. How many times "Koi nahi ghusa" has been amplified and how much amplification the fact that the pics the chini are releasing are located 1.5 km into chini controlled territory is getting.

"koi nahi ghusa" part of the narrative is being amplified 99% more than the who actually "ghusa" where, here at DFI itself.

defensive mindset has become all pervasive.
because PM saying "koi nahi ghusa" after 20 of our people get murdered by chinese carry more weight than some propaganda pic the chinese released ?

i am not blaming him , he probably just repeated what the MEA told him to say . we were only trying to deescalate , which is logical.

only thing i care about now is what happens next , what happens at next salami slicing - more randi rona - kadi ninda - or proper pangong tso style punitive action.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
because PM saying "koi nahi ghusa" after 20 of our people get murdered by chinese carry more weight than some propaganda pic the chinese released ?

i am not blaming him , he probably just repeated what the MEA told him to say . we were only trying to deescalate , which is logical.

only thing i care about now is what happens next , what happens at next salami slicing - more randi rona - kadi ninda - or proper pangong tso style punitive action.
propaganda carries more weight than what a country's leader says. aren't we seeing that in Ukraine conflict. only one side is winning the propaganda war in most of the world.

and to assume that PM doesn't know the impact of propaganda is naive, he is probably most defamed Indian political leader globally, more than IG herself.

mokoman

Country flag
propaganda carries more weight than what a country's leader says. aren't we seeing that in Ukraine conflict. only one side is winning the propaganda war in most of the world.

and to assume that PM doesn't know the impact of propaganda is naive, he is probably most defamed Indian political leader globally, more than IG herself.
country's leader and MEA were naive thinking that they can down play clash / chinese intrusion from public with that statement.

be it China , India , Ukraine , Russia - progapanda can only carry u only so far . sooner or later reality will hit u haaaaard.

DumbPilot

Country flag
I showed the pics to my father, the ever stressful man he is said, " ladai me fauji pakdate hi hai isme naya kya hai "
On our guys made to hold ears , he said " haramzade Chinese hai wo aur kya ,"
Then he told me iam a retard, to even say we had any disadvantage .
he said
" ee log to uska bada aadmi hi pakad liya tha na( that fabao fellow ), aur mara to u sab ka hi zyada hai, u sala sab Dar gaya hai is liye chatpata raha hai "
How folks from my father's generation are so accepting and get over it quickly?
@iNorthernerOn9. @Waanar
@Suryavanshi @Gyyan
Old people have went through the wars. My dad has went through the '62, '65, '71 and '99 war. Our generation was born in peace, they weren't. Aside from wars, there were also big problems in the country. Food, resources, ... why do you think everyone was so keen on signing the Tashkent treaty? 😛

DumbPilot

Country flag
I do think our population has lost the appetite for war and bloodshed.
This ahimsa park dhamma got pushed on us after Gandhi died and even further by congress in the early 2000 such that gen Z is full of farggots.
Sentences like these sound good only in politics. There are more useful things to do than fight or spill blood.. not because of lack of apetite for violence lol

As for Modi, he is not stupid nor is he afraid to use violence if it benefits him. In this case, it didn't benefit him.

Abtron3

Country flag
Old people have went through the wars. My dad has went through the '62, '65, '71 and '99 war. Our generation was born in peace, they weren't. Aside from wars, there were also big problems in the country. Food, resources, ... why do you think everyone was so keen on signing the Tashkent treaty? 😛
During Kargil I was in Fatehgarh (Rajput and Sikh li regiment center) and public was in full support of the war no one was doing Randi Rona about peace even after news channels bordcasting war footage daily.
The current RR is recent phenomenon Which will disappear after war start and peace perchers will be lynched in middle of the road.

Articles