India-China Border conflict

mokoman

Country flag
Some issues that date back to 2013, so that means not all issues date back 2013 some maybe of 2020
i think now only depsang 2013 , demchok 2016 issue remaining . calling depsang 2013 legacy issue isnt exactly 100% truthful .

officially rest of places - galwan,gogra are supposed to be 'solved' except there is huge PLA build up closeby , govt is silently pushing for mutual deescalation

hurrians

Country flag
Akimji relevant here because unlike zelenski the Persians know their strength and weakness, their proxies harass shipping lines but won't risk frontal attack, because this is what Israel is itching for, and unlike US ditching you or giving half hearted military aid, it will stay in thick and thin with the Israelis.

Country flag
i think now only depsang 2013 , demchok 2016 issue remaining . calling depsang 2013 legacy issue isnt exactly 100% truthful .

officially rest of places - galwan,gogra are supposed to be 'solved' except there is huge PLA build up closeby , govt is silently pushing for mutual deescalation
Buffer zone are considered permanently solved?

Country flag
Akimji relevant here because unlike zelenski the Persians know their strength and weakness, their proxies harass shipping lines but won't risk frontal attack, because this is what Israel is itching for, and unlike US ditching you or giving half hearted military aid, it will stay in thick and thin with the Israelis.

Offtopic

jai jaganath

Country flag
Some issues that date back to 2013, so that means not all issues date back 2013 some maybe of 2020
Most of the issues of 2020 is resolved
That was the last update ig
Coz I was constantly tracking the development till gogra(pp-17a) at that time news was few other areas were under negotiation and mostly likely resolved
Now mainly 2013 and 2016 issues are remaining which doesn't seem to be resolved and turn out to be typical chai biscoot

mokoman

Country flag
interesting stuff . not much info about this from indian side . article doesnt say anything about artillery , only that infantry brigade was deployed .

we kicked them off a ridge and a pasture but we gave up on the actual actual sumdorong chu stream banks area , the chinese still occupy the area . Rajiv gandhi govt decided on peace instead of war .

Last edited:

Azaad

Country flag
interesting stuff . not much info about this from indian side . article doesnt say anything about artillery , only that infantry brigade was deployed .

we kicked them off a ridge and a pasture but we gave up on the actual sumdorong chu river banks area , the chinese still occupy the area . Rajiv gandhi govt decided on peace instead of war .
Up until a few years ago we didn't even know that all thru that operation various episodes of exchanges of fire by firearms took place . The official stand is still that the last incident before 2020 , involving usage of firearms , was in 1976 , on the Sikkim border. It also resulted in a casualty. Who knows how many such skeletons will tumble out of the cupboard in a few years?

mokoman

Country flag
Up until a few years ago we didn't even know that all thru that operation various episodes of exchanges of fire by firearms took place . The official stand is still that the last incident before 2020 , involving usage of firearms , was in 1976 , on the Sikkim border. It also resulted in a casualty. Who knows how many such skeletons will tumble out of the cupboard in a few years?
everything will be revelaed . we just need daughters of soldiers/officers to visit the sites named after their fathers 😅

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
The context of my rant was when Russian hardware crash, there is randi rona on the forum. I was looking for same reaction for a multi million dollar white elephant, which we acquired.
Now why i'm saying it is a white elephant, since 90s the Apache was never operated in high tempo conflict like the Mi -24, Mi -28 or Ka 52.

My point is for such expensive platform, the issue of crash/emergency land for Apache has developed a pattern. Guess what no a single hit article in the press by our famed defense anal-yst. Juxtapose that to articles on Mig-29K etc. Hell even the Ak203 is being targetted.
To the credit of Prachand, we are yet to see such crash land.
We get rants all the time. For the matter we are ranting about Apache right now :rofl:

Remember when C-130J crashed ? Everything went from Chinese parts to kill-switch. Later turned out pilot's mistake.

For the benefit of doubt, neither Apache nor Chinook has crashed, they have done emergency landing due to perceived/actual technical issue. Ability to monitor & notify issues prior to them causing a deadly crash is also a good feature, lacking in Russian machines.

To note, we are grinding both Apache & Chinook's to the bone, flogging them to death like they owe us money. Compared to that, Mi-26/35s are certified white elephants.

Mi-8/17 series are perhaps the most successful air platform ever built, and they deserve the credit for being the most durable workhorse of more than half of the countries in the world.

I still don't understand this acquisition. May be it is to acquire technical know how, to build our own version
It was acquired because we needed a heavy attack helo. LCH is marketed as light attack & suitable for high-elevations. Apache won the competition versus Ka-52 and Mi-28.

omaebakabaka

Compared to that, Mi-26/35s are certified white elephants.
Isn't mi26 created for moving their oversized space and other things like power trans towers as primary reason? Not sure why India bought but can move some oversized shit to very remote roadless vantage spots like arty or a tank or a bulldozer. It's a specialized niche but nothing wrong in my opinion. Expensive probably from fuel consumption aspects

AnantS

Country flag
Isn't mi26 created for moving their oversized space and other things like power trans towers as primary reason? Not sure why India bought but can move some oversized shit to very remote roadless vantage spots like arty or a tank or a bulldozer. It's a specialized niche but nothing wrong in my opinion. Expensive probably from fuel consumption aspects
Mi 26 is an excellent transport capability. What really sucks is that with breaking of Soviet union we really could not secure spare and regular maintenance. IAF is very reluctant to let them go for very good reasons. That huge monster has much more capacity than AN 32 with all advantage of helicopter. Mi 26 was used a lot in supporting troops in upper reaches.

Articles