India-China Border conflict

mokoman

Country flag

"Their light tanks would have been no match for our medium tanks. It was a game of bluff and the PLA blinked first." Naravane writes

maybe i am misremembering , but didnt we have T-90 ? . also our medium tanks are no match for PLA light tanks ? , which are our medium tanks - T-72 ?

another_armchair

Country flag
I think more 'details' will emerge as we move closer to elections.

At some point, GoI may start releasing 'media' and other details from various skirmishes and confrontations in the period between May '20 and subsequent withdrawal from Pangong lake & other friction points bar those where the Chinese dug in and refuse to move.

Last edited:

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag

"Their light tanks would have been no match for our medium tanks. It was a game of bluff and the PLA blinked first." Naravane writes

maybe i am misremembering , but didnt we have T-90 ? . also our medium tanks are no match for PLA light tanks ? , which are our medium tanks - T-72 ?
PLA Light tanks deployed at Rezang/Rechin La (Type-88) is obsolete even against T-72.

The much touted Type-15 was not available in Xinjiang sector. Later they moved some Type-96 from mainland China as stop-gap measure.

The3Amigos

Country flag
Type 15 has 105 mm rifled gun. Rifled gun is much more accurate at long range than smoothbore.

rockdog

Country flag

Syama Ayas

Country flag
The world will be better place only when China, USA and Russia are divided into much smaller countries.

What you guys say?
USA effectively contained any European colonial power ambitions after WW2. Russians neutered Turkish tribes in Central Asia via multiple genocides. China for centuries remained a buffer state between Japan and the rest of Asia.

Without these nations, India is back to fighting central asian jihadis, European colonial powers and a potential Japanese invasion.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
USA effectively contained any European colonial power ambitions after WW2. Russians neutered Turkish tribes in Central Asia via multiple genocides. China for centuries remained a buffer state between Japan and the rest of Asia.

Without these nations, India is back to fighting central asian jihadis, European colonial powers and a potential Japanese invasion.
Japan with what army?

Syama Ayas

Country flag
Most Chinese still see him as hero, since he died as a PLA member anyway during the war against USA.

Also we felt lucky that Mao had no more capable son, otherwise there would be a Kim family like N.Korea.
Mao does have a grandson a Mao Xinyu

CCP had it with Mao after Cultural Revolution and later ensured no Mao successors
1703096522204.png

Azaad

Country flag

India'd be fighting South Asian Jihadis instead of Central Asian ones , Europe itself is in the pre terminal decline phase replaced by US imperialism & instead of a Japanese invasion we'd be faced with a Chinese invasion.

Syama Ayas

Country flag
India'd be fighting South Asian Jihadis instead of Central Asian ones , Europe itself is in the pre terminal decline phase replaced by US imperialism & instead of a Japanese invasion we'd be faced with a Chinese invasion.
I was talking in the absence of China, Russia and USA

Azaad

Country flag
I was talking in the absence of China, Russia and USA
Doesn't fit the equation for reasons given . To add to it , Central Asia ( I'm including Afghanistan in South Asia ) doesn't pose the kind of threat nomads once posed sedentary civilizations from China to Europe & everything in between for a whole host of reasons .

Europe will have plenty of its own problems to grapple with , the immigrant crisis & the economic crisis coupled with falling TFR being among the primary reasons why centrifugal forces will take center stage in various constituents of the EU in the near to mid term future possibly jeopardizing the entire concept of the EU itself & finally Japan is already grappling with a falling TFR .

If they get out of the upcoming war against China over Taiwan in relatively decent shape , which I very much doubt , we can consider their future as a power leave aside a great power or super power.

The3Amigos

Country flag
As a Chinese, I recognize the later Macartney–MacDonald line as the legit border between India and China. I do not accept the current LAC as legit.