India-China Border conflict

Kumaoni

Azaad

Country flag
no they didn’t, they didn’t even attack that front, villagers in all of Uttarakhand were trained in firearms to provide support for the army stationed there
Be a dear & ask your elders if you're from you're from in & around Pithoragarh.

Kumaoni

Be a dear & ask your elders if you're from you're from in & around Pithoragarh.

I am from almora. and what is your point here? There wasn’t any fighting in this area as far as i know.

Also, it proves what i said. I have no idea what you meant in your previous post.

omaebakabaka

locals there will give hell to chinese if u equip them as a milita and they fight alongside the army
There is plenty in those states that is unoccupied, we have to be extremely careful and watch every action of theirs....this bravado is not for real.

Azaad

Country flag
I am from almora. and what is your point here? There wasn’t any fighting in this area as far as i know.

Also, it proves what i said. I have no idea what you meant in your previous post.
Very simple . You said if the Chinese come down , the locals in Kumaon will give them hell . I asked as in 1962 ?

Yes it's true that the middle sector saw almost no action as compared to the northern & eastern sectors. Yet the Chinese did intrude in some strength & come down the Johar & Vyas Valleys right upto Dharchula but they didn't attack nor were the they attacked by the locals or the next to nothing Indian Arny presence there.

Kumaoni

Very simple . You said if the Chinese come down , the locals in Kumaon will give them hell . I asked as in 1962 ?

Yes it's true that the middle sector saw almost no action as compared to the northern & eastern sectors. Yet the Chinese did intrude in some strength & come down the Johar & Vyas Valleys right upto Dharchula but they didn't attack nor were the they attacked by the locals or the next to nothing Indian Arny presence there.
Sure, try them. Tell the PLA to attack the army presence there. See what happens.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
So a new option for our citizens
Bore ho gaya hun America aur Europe ke bare main sunte sunte
Kuch naya sunege ab
Taiwan uses traditional Chinese, not even the simplified ones that the mainlanders use. They are generally a friendly lot, but do not expect them to mingle with Indians the way Singaporeans do (due to their habit of staying with different races from early childhood).

Taiwan is a diminishing nation as most of them are now investing in Indian fab plants. Going there would require you to learn a new language from scratch, as well as adopt to the gruelling working hours (no sutta or chai breaks there in long working hours that we do in India).

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
We need to be ready to enter Chinese territory if they enter ours as means to negotiate territorial settlement should a war happen. Remember that the Chinese only negotiate - they are not going to fight wars that push them toward an existential crisis. Sustained manpower losses are something they cannot take as there is literally no one left to manage their forces internally despite having a massive population inside. Most of them are ageing and even with standoff capabilities, they will lose too many men to justify any gains.

The only way the Chinese appear 10 feet tall is by sneaking in, holding lands and negotiating. This needs to be retaliated in the same coin if it happens.

Even PLA does not guard every inch of their side and many areas inside Occupied Tibet are ripe for taking by the Indian Army in the event of a war.