India-China Border conflict

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Chini Bakchodi

So China basically wants us to abandon Burstse O/P and move back towards Murgo. This is naturally impossible because DS-DBO Highway passes through Burtse and DBO sector will be disconnected from the mainland.

Indian proposal seems to be that we fall back to Burtse O/P and China moves back equally.

Current buffer zones we have -

Galwan (PP14) - 1.4 km (India) vs. 1.2 km (China)

Hotspring (PP15) - ~18 km (India) vs. 5.2 km (China)

Gogra (PP17A) - 1.8 km/9 km (India) vs. 4 km (China)

Pangong Tso (North) - 2.4 km (India) vs. 7.3 km (China)

Pangong Tso (South) - Variable, anything of 3 - 8km (India) vs. complete disengagement, excess of 40km (China)

Jimih

Country flag
So China basically wants us to abandon Burstse O/P and move back towards Murgo. This is naturally impossible because DS-DBO Highway passes through Burtse and DBO sector will be disconnected from the mainland.
It is now confirmed that China is now trying to consolidate their gains made by deceit during 2020 incursion.

The Chai+Biscuits+Old Monk Rum meetings didnt worked.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Chini Bakchodi

Depsand was already compromised in 2013 right then why we guys want discussion jo hua so hua
Let the situation be the way it is now and don't let them come close to burstse
And @mist_consecutive ji last I read burstse which connects to dbso doesn't lie in proper depsang I mean if that's the case then this baseless suggestion should be in dustbin
It's afterall them who has encroached into our depsang territory

Augustus

Country flag
no i think its from Arunachal. Our side video released first of the same incident..
No I remember this video was making rounds back in 2021. It was from the 2020 indo china border conflicts.

The Arunachal video that you are confusing it with is different. The video you are mentioning is from before 2020 . It made rounds in 2021 and later on this year, but got proven to be of a much previous conflict

Augustus

Country flag
no, we were pushed back from f4 after this clash. after that we occuiped the surrounding ridges.

anyways, what baffles me the most is the audacity of the pla. They attacked f4 and hot springs on the same day.
Yeah now that you mention it, I remember we did get dislodged from the f4 . Later on we came in and occupied the ridges surrounding it.
This happened because we lack a proper good road connecting f3 to f4 so logistically it became harder for us to supply troops at that point of time.

China's audacity comes from their logistic advantage over us at LAC. They can supply the troops as well as supply their troops far quicker in most places then we can.

We are getting there. But it will still take time

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
no, we were pushed back from f4 after this clash. after that we occuiped the surrounding ridges.

anyways, what baffles me the most is the audacity of the pla. They attacked f4 and hot springs on the same day.
Never heard of this, source ?

This happened because we lack a proper good road connecting f3 to f4 so logistically it became harder for us to supply troops at that point of time.

China's audacity comes from their logistic advantage over us at LAC. They can supply the troops as well as supply their troops far quicker in most places then we can.

We are getting there. But it will still take time
Bold not true. We have a direct highway to the base of F3, plus a major ITBP o/p at the F2 base called Maj Dhan Singh Thapa Post. Yes, access to and beyond F4 is limited due to topography and lack of roads, so power projection beyond F4 is difficult.

For in this case why we lost the ridge overlooking F2-F4, is because chai-biscut IAS babus of ITBP thought they can "talk" the Chinese out of F4, and hence never informed their superiors or army about the gravity of the situation.
Resultantly, PLA gathered some ~1200 troops in riot gear and chased away some 100-200 ITBP + Army men deployed at Dhan Singh Thapa post.

You can technically say this happened due to Gandhi-licking peace fool nature of our babus.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Never heard of this, source ?
1684766764384.png

For in this case why we lost the ridge overlooking F2-F4, is because chai-biscut IAS babus of ITBP thought they can "talk" the Chinese out of F4, and hence never informed their superiors or army about the gravity of the situation.
Resultantly, PLA gathered some ~1200 troops in riot gear and chased away some 100-200 ITBP + Army men deployed at Dhan Singh Thapa post.
Even if we had lost it, no subsequent efforts were taken by the goverment to gain it back

Augustus

Country flag
Bold not true. We have a direct highway to the base of F3, plus a major ITBP o/p at the F2 base called Maj Dhan Singh Thapa Post. Yes, access to and beyond F4 is limited due to topography and lack of roads, so power projection beyond F4 is difficult.

You can technically say this happened due to Gandhi-licking peace fool nature of our babus.
Didn't I say the same thing though? We lack good connectivity between f3 and f4. The road between f3 and f4 seem to be mud road whereas china has made pretty decent road which comes upto f4 from f8.
I know about major dhan Singh thapa post. It is in f3 location and well garrisoned. We are well connected upto finger 3 in north bank of pangong tao. After finger 3 the issue starts

Cheran

Country flag
That video wherein the Chinese soldier has been kicked down the hill, has anyone seen that before?

I remember a video in which CCP men were atop a hill & throwing stones at Indian soldiers below.

Is this a new release but part of the old video that was withheld? If this is unseen till now, timing is interesting - G20 & their demand for Depsang? Are they (CCP) trying something at border?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles