India-China Border conflict

FalconZero

Country flag
LOL , how tables turn :laugh::laugh:

2013:

Narendra Modi, the prime ministerial candidate for the main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), told an audience four days ago that Singh’s weakness had encouraged China’s army to encroach on Indian territory. “We remained weak when we needed to be strong," Modi said,

turns out Manmohan-Singh did get back depsang territory . chinese were pushed out , then after talks allowed patrol to take place till 2020

2020:

after 20 dead , losing territory gained back in 2013

Modi: koyi nahi gussha
That's some dubious simplification of events and unnecessary shitflinging about muh congress and bjp while worrying about useless semantics,

Why do you think Modi has to build the infra in 2021 at LAC? Why do you think India now is building roads and infra while MM seeing the acts of chinks in 2013 didn't do anything?

I completely agree that modi's statement about galwan and the ongoing drama of ignoring these issues by using the statement of 'legacy issue' is retarded but that's just it. These are semantics that don't have any value per se. Modi was giving speeches about muh bhaichara on the eve before surgical strikes were conducted in Pakistan occupied kashmir. Similarly modi's statement didn't change the thing that Operation Snow Leopard was carried out by IA after that, chinks were made to go back after that.

Things didn't stop till here, we are developing infra faster than ever before, in some places faster than chinks.

Half of the issues that needs to be solved are the burden from the past government under which India lost precious time and resources and it's just meaningless to even bother about such meme comparison which don't even bring anything to the table. These are the legacy issues which are being taken all at once by this government, from 0.5 front to Pakistanis and to chinks, what MM tried was rubbishing these under the carpet, more territory was lost under them and Indians didn't have any idea. Sorry but actions undertaken by previous and current government are enough to matter more than some mere semantics or speeches which are time based, depend on context and political situation.

If congress would have been good in these regards then we wouldn't have to wait for years to develop necessary infra before countering or attacking chinks at the likes of AP, or LAC in general. Quit gaslighting.

The Shrike

Country flag
I am saying opposition will not allow next session of parliament to function either, and you will ignore it in your comments.
Has opposition drama ever stopped the government from passing the laws that it wanted (if it had the required numbers)? Opposition makes noise for sometime then government cuts a deal with whoever they have to and get on with their business.

Ref - Debate on border areas in Parliament

All such discussions happening now in newspaper editorials or SM could have been nipped or charted out properly had the Modi-1 government brought a whitepaper out on the same - areas lost & in which year. This should have been done by 2015. But...

Any discussion now will be just as to prove how each side is less to blame for the current accumulated scenario.
This would have been ideal, transparency seems to be the last concern no matter who is in power.

not so dravidian

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Mleecaha are Irritateds.

Nothing, CCP signalling to end with the current escalation. They want to make the current ground as permanet LAC.

Damn han BCs have done some good choreography by making our PoW to hold their ears.

Gomit should at least release one pic for copium purposes

winter is going to be interesting. I wonder how they r going to keep up, given that One general is dead and another sick.

The Shrike

Country flag
India’s goal should be:

1) complete decimation of TAR region’s PLA even if we take heavy losses.
2) Air dominance over TAR
3) Territory assertion of India’s claims
4) liberation of Tibet

shoot for the stars, settle for the moon
While we are shooting for the stars we should remember Xinjiang East Turkistan is also occupied by China and needs liberating.

mokoman

Country flag
That's some dubious simplification of events and unnecessary shitflinging about muh congress and bjp while worrying about useless semantics,

Why do you think Modi has to build the infra in 2021 at LAC? Why do you think India now is building roads and infra while MM seeing the acts of chinks in 2013 didn't do anything?

I completely agree that modi's statement about galwan and the ongoing drama of ignoring these issues by using the statement of 'legacy issue' is retarded but that's just it. These are semantics that don't have any value per se. Modi was giving speeches about muh bhaichara on the eve before surgical strikes were conducted in Pakistan occupied kashmir. Similarly modi's statement didn't change the thing that Operation Snow Leopard was carried out by IA after that, chinks were made to go back after that.

Things didn't stop till here, we are developing infra faster than ever before, in some places faster than chinks.

Half of the issues that needs to be solved are the burden from the past government under which India lost precious time and resources and it's just meaningless to even bother about such meme comparison which don't even bring anything to the table. These are the legacy issues which are being taken all at once by this government, from 0.5 front to Pakistanis and to chinks, what MM tried was rubbishing these under the carpet, more territory was lost under them and Indians didn't have any idea. Sorry but actions undertaken by previous and current government are enough to matter more than some mere semantics or speeches which are time based, depend on context and political situation.

If congress would have been good in these regards then we wouldn't have to wait for years to develop necessary infra before countering or attacking chinks at the likes of AP, or LAC in general. Quit gaslighting.
first of all i was making fun of "politics" . you can say anything while in opposition . quite another thing while in gov.

some of the LAC projects are old , being announced even during UPA era.

IMHO we build a dirt track DBO road during UPA era.

so the whole modi only building roads along LAC is not fully correct.

During UPA we also stationed about 200+ tanks in depsang to protect DBO .

Saying the entire depsang issue being legacy issue IS 'gaslighting' , i know we havent given up on it but i dunno why that narrative is being pushed.

YES YES , this admin Modi+Kadi-Ninda+Gadkari has done more for to secure our borders , our defence , than UPA or ATAL-Gov. no denying that .

Crazywithmath

Country flag
we are here because we broke old rules and started building roads bridges.
So those unofficial rules were really there?(thought it was all chinki propaganda). Also, if I am not wrong, IA also patrols some areas using roads built by chinks, no?

LOL , how tables turn :laugh::laugh:

2013:

Narendra Modi, the prime ministerial candidate for the main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), told an audience four days ago that Singh’s weakness had encouraged China’s army to encroach on Indian territory. “We remained weak when we needed to be strong," Modi said,

turns out Manmohan-Singh did get back depsang territory . chinese were pushed out , then after talks allowed patrol to take place till 2020

2020:

after 20 dead , losing territory gained back in 2013

Modi: koyi nahi gussha
Excuse my ignorance but I found out a few retired armymen talking about some sort of alternative routes (bypassing chinks) to access Depsang/pp 10-13. How viable are those routes?

Ya'll Nibbiars The Mleecaha are Irritateds.

Looks like a paki troll; typical English.

mokoman

Country flag
So those unofficial rules were really there?(thought it was all chinki propaganda). Also, if I am not wrong, IA also patrols some areas using roads built by chinks, no?

Excuse my ignorance but I found out a few retired armymen talking about some sort of alternative routes (bypassing chinks) to access Depsang/pp 10-13. How viable are those routes?

Looks like a paki troll; typical English.
I didnt mean an actual 'rule' , i dont have any inside info or know people in Army or MEA.

Chinese build a road across the LAC in depsang in 2010 itself - connecting PP10-13, another came up in 2014 crossing PP15.

my 'guess' is we didnt protest because there may have been a policy not to anger the Chinese as its a sensitive area for them.

No idea about viable routes now 🤷‍♂️ , chinese are mostly likely blocking them.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
first of all i was making fun of "politics" . you can say anything while in opposition . quite another thing while in gov.

some of the LAC projects are old , being announced even during UPA era.

IMHO we build a dirt track DBO road during UPA era.

so the whole modi only building roads along LAC is not fully correct.

During UPA we also stationed about 200+ tanks in depsang to protect DBO .

Saying the entire depsang issue being legacy issue IS 'gaslighting' , i know we havent given up on it but i dunno why that narrative is being pushed.

YES YES , this admin Modi+Kadi-Ninda+Gadkari has done more for to secure our borders , our defence , than UPA or ATAL-Gov. no denying that .
The construction of the DSDBO had first started in 2000 and was to be completed by 2012 at a cost of Rs 320 crore.
In April last year(2019), a motorcycle expedition that was flagged off from Leh had traversed across Eastern Ladakh and reached the Karakoram Pass. In October, defence minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 430-m Colonel Chewang Rinchen bridge that joins Durbuk to DBO. India has decided to not stop road construction on its side of the LAC despite the border confrontations.
Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

what's the source of deployment of tanks in depsang during UPA?

considering they were so concerned about re-opening DBO

IAF reactivated DBO airstrip without Centre's permission, says Air Marshal (Retd) Pranab Kumar Barbora
Read more At:

The Shrike

Country flag
good luck to chini , if this is the terrain they choose to use their tanks......they will never reach siliguri.......... even if mr 56 gives it to them in exchange for nobel prize
View attachment 118092
That image (google earth) is of Tawang sector and not Chumbi valley (Siliguri/Chickens neck area). The distance between edge of the Tibet plateau and Indian flatlands is least in this sector (~80km), and their forward most position is <40km. It's very simplistic to say tanks cannot be used in this terrain, it's not ideal and you cannot use it in the same way as in the plains, but we ourselves have used it, including in Kailash range last year.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
That image (google earth) is of Tawang sector and not Chumbi valley (Siliguri/Chickens neck area). The distance between edge of the Tibet plateau and Indian flatlands is least in this sector (~80km), and their forward most position is <40km. It's very simplistic to say tanks cannot be used in this terrain, it's not ideal and you cannot use it in the same way as in the plains, but we ourselves have used it, including in Kailash range last year.
Atgms will help us then

Covfefe

Country flag
Lol, their propaganda attempts are so childish. Every time a soldier is shown reading or writing while their academicians produce garbage literature. Looking at CGTN,CCTV and Xinhua news OpEds, it would behoove them more if they actually read stuff and not just act like a little Instagram high school b*tches.
Indian soldiers have been posted at Siachen(average elevation 17000ft, temp up to -60 degrees centigrade) since the time this little weasel wasn't even in his daddy's little nutsack.

Articles