India-China Border conflict

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Thoda samay hai hone mein
True, but I think like Ukraine, it has tipped to the point of no return. It was considered too big to fail, now it's too big to maneuver out of the hole.

Pakistan as we knew it is done pretty much. Their continued existence is contingent on them sacrificing a lot of influence and human capital.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag

The Shrike

Country flag
Lol. AA guns are widespread, just called by different names to sound tacticool. One of the best and most cost effective ways of tackling threats that sneak past missile defence.

Indeed, AA guns are the future with the widespread use of drones.
How many reasonably modernised AA guns do we actually have in service?
From what I can gather there were about 1000+ Bofors L70s bought over the decades, out of which only 200 were upgraded recently, what about the rest - how many of them are serviceable? Then there are a couple hundred ZU-23-2 also. What about IAF?
These weapons usually have a range of only 1-2 km, and once you start to distributing them over key sites (which will number in the hundreds if not thousands), IMO the coverage will look much less impressive that some might be imagining here.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
From what I can gather there were about 1000+ Bofors L70s bought over the decades, out of which only 200 were upgraded recently, what about the rest - how many of them are serviceable? Then there are a couple hundred ZU-23-2 also. What about IAF?
Yes, the last news was ~200 L70 were upgraded by BEL. Around 468 ZU-23-2 is also being upgraded

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...et-era-guns/story-X1CDJlULQjH8tEtPla4z8K.html

ZSU-23 which is the self-propelled version is also being upgraded - https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/aero-india-2023-bel-upgrades-zsu-23-4-shilka

These weapons usually have a range of only 1-2 km, and once you start to distributing them over key sites (which will number in the hundreds if not thousands), IMO the coverage will look much less impressive that some might be imagining here.
The whole point of AA guns is point defense, like defense of airbases and military installations. We can't protect every inch and barrack, not even Russia can, as we are observing.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
TBF, range is closer to 5-6km for max intercept (slow targets) and ~2-3km for faster ones, but I agree, area coverage is miniscule. Thats why they are only used to cover important bases, forward bases and airbases. Not feasible to cover a large are with gun based systems, for that missiles are needed.

NeXoft007

Country flag
Emergency SOS
If anyone here can donate, please donate to my upi id egnanon@oksbi 🙏🏻

I don't have money to pay for rent which is already overdue 😔💔 DM me please if you need more info.

Hari Sud

Country flag
It is important to properly get a feel for Chinese PLAAF capabilities than to be overpowered by the Chinese propaganda of number of aircrafts, their capabilities or I should say lack of capabilities.

Here is an article which clearly define the Chinese capability and why would they be at loss, if combat happens now or five years from now.

What worries the most is Chinese and Pakistan acting together to corner India. That is where QUAD comes into the picture.