India-China Border conflict

Kumaoni

He means pro govt. media obfuscating the fact that we are actually losing some land from our previous positions.
But the thing is Chinese will keep pushing us in years to come, they are also heavily building up military infra on their side next to chicken's neck.
First i am told numerous reports claim that China did not disengage, then I am told that the reports did disengage? Can I get a coherent picture please? Do you have proof if they did or didn’t disengage

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
You realize most of the reports of india losing land came from Indian media sources right
We don't know , we bloody dont know it !!!
Analyse the maps in previous pages your self if you are so curious
And yes indian government can pip chinks when it come to media security

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Alright, enough of me being a mute spectator of this shit-flinging show boosted by misinterpretation and propaganda.

Answering & clearing some wrong notions few members are harvesting -

1. India lost territory:- As it currently stands, we lost no territory except, perhaps in perception at PP17A where they intruded, and thereafter the buffer zone created is to their advantage. People saying we lost territory in Depsang, well we did, just not in 2020, but way back in 2008-2013, so bless your Gandhian leaders.

2. Buffer zone is territory lost:- Wrong notion. The buffer zone is a temporary no patrol zone, made to build trust between both sides so that eye-to-eye confrontation, which can easily melt down into something like Galwan clash, cannot happen.

The buffer zones will be back to normal and patrolling resumed by both sides when things cool down. When it will cool down, well it can be 2 months, or 5 years, nobody knows.

3. It's just barren land:- Barren or not, it is our territory. China is ready to fight a war with India for these barren patches of land, which should show you its importance. Siachen is more hostile and barren, and probably the most dangerous battlefield on the entire earth. Still, we are holding it for the last 40 years.

4. GoI is taking suckers deal to show Ladakh is resolved:- You overestimate the memory of common mango people. They completely forgot about Ladakh within a year. Common people are too busy boycotting Brahmastra.

Kumaoni

Alright, enough of me being a mute spectator of this shit-flinging show boosted by misinterpretation and propaganda.

1. India lost territory:- As it currently stands, we lost no territory except, perhaps in perception at PP17A where they intruded, and thereafter the buffer zone created is to their advantage. People saying we lost territory in Depsang, well we did, just not in 2020, but way back in 2008-2013, so bless your Gandhian leaders.

2. Buffer zone is territory lost:- Wrong notion. The buffer zone is a temporary no patrol zone, made to build trust between both sides so that eye-to-eye confrontation, which can easily melt down into something like Galwan clash, cannot happen.

The buffer zones will be back to normal and patrolling resumed by both sides when things cool down. When it will cool down, well it can be 2 months, or 5 years, nobody knows.

3. It's just barren land:- Barren or not, it is our territory. China is ready to fight a war with India for these barren patches of land, which should show you its importance. Siachen is more hostile and barren, and probably the most dangerous battlefield on the entire earth. Still, we are holding it for the last 40 years.

4. GoI is taking suckers deal to show Ladakh is resolved:- You overestimate the memory of common mango people. They completely forgot about Ladakh within a year. Common people are too busy boycotting Brahmastra.
I didn’t mean just barren land like that. I meant that it doesn’t mean we are defeated, and said land can be recaptured

Shuturmurg

Country flag

What's the logic of point 1? Nehru lost 38000 km^2, so until Modi loses 38001 Km^2 he should not be criticized ? And after that if Kejru comes he should not be criticized till he loses 38002 Km^2 ?

flanker99

Country flag

p2..buffer zones maybe temporary but we dont know when this standoff will end ..so for the locals who use these lands for grazing might not get acess to these lands for god knows how long and if im right then buffer zones are on our side and not much on their side...doesnt that make us net losers here till everything goes back to "normal"...which i doubt it will for a long time

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
What's the logic of point 1? Nehru lost 38000 km^2, so until Modi loses 38001 Km^2 he should not be criticized ? And after that if Kejru comes he should not be criticized till he loses 38002 Km^2 ?
Take your liberty in criticizing Modi. I personally find his ever-growing softness disgusting.

As I said, the only area where we agreed on an unfavorable-sized buffer zone is PP17A. Still, the area is vacated, and both sides lay no control over this land currently. Does that mean we "lost" land? No, did China lose F5 at Pangong Tso ? It is not a "no man's land", its a temporary buffer zone.

p2..buffer zones maybe temporary but we dont know when this standoff will end ..so for the locals who use these lands for grazing might not get acess to these lands for god knows how long and if im right then buffer zones are on our side and not much on their side...doesnt that make us net losers here till everything goes back to "normal"...which i doubt it will for a long time
You are correct in doubting things might take some time to be normal, or might even become worse. Locals residing within 2-3 km of LoC, just till last years were regular victims of shelling and CFVs. This is the cost of war the country and locals has to face.

But do people forget that the Chinese side also has shepherds and nomads ? They also lost access to the buffer zone lands, didn't they ? I

if im right then buffer zones are on our side and not much on their side

See the first green dot from top, that is the end of our side buffer zone. The red dot on top is end of China's buffer zone. I think the difference is around ~1 km, if not more.
I mean, yeah it is a bit more, not really not that significant for pasture land. If things get back to normal (red line is LAC) within even 2-3 years, I will consider it as equal.

mokoman

Country flag

mujhe to samjh hi nahi aaya kuch isme
disengagement == troops very close to each other move back from their forward post (what has happened)

deescalation (what he is talking about) == removal of all post in backward area - which hasnt happened . chinese are still building up like they are planning WW3 .

Take your liberty in criticizing Modi. I personally find his ever-growing softness disgusting.

As I said, the only area where we agreed on an unfavorable-sized buffer zone is PP17A. Still, the area is vacated, and both sides lay no control over this land currently. Does that mean we "lost" land? No, did China lose F5 at Pangong Tso ? It is not a "no man's land", its a temporary buffer zone.

You are correct in doubting things might take some time to be normal, or might even become worse. Locals residing within 2-3 km of LoC, just till last years were regular victims of shelling and CFVs. This is the cost of war the country and locals has to face.

But do people forget that the Chinese side also has shepherds and nomads ? They also lost access to the buffer zone lands, didn't they ? I

See the first green dot from top, that is the end of our side buffer zone. The red dot on top is end of China's buffer zone. I think the difference is around ~1 km, if not more.
I mean, yeah it is a bit more, not really not that significant for pasture land. If things get back to normal (red line is LAC) within even 2-3 years, I will consider it as equal.
first green dot could be mud . of the 2 arrows u marked in ur earlier image , 1 is def mud. best wait for confirmation

as it stands now , its 6km withdrawal distance for them , 16km for us. 8 or 10 buiscuit feeding sesseions only for us to accept this,

Articles