India-China Border conflict

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
But i noticed that your K9 project will cost $2 billion USD for 300 pieces, and those money will finally feed Korean... For the same amount weapons, China would have no impact at all financially..

I have to say India really need to indigenize your weapon system, otherwise will be really hard to confrontate China.
Absolutely true.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I don't want spent time on persuade you industry output is the key of winning the war. Just a simple hint, how muc you spent your deficit dollar to import K9 and M777? Those kind weapon, China would earn money even 20 yrs ago:

PLZ45 export record: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PLZ-45
AH4 export record: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norinco_AH4_155_mm_howitzer

For India, this kind price will be expensive...

I repeat, the statu quo is quite OK. PLA might spent $2 billon to maintain the border extension with IA during Aksai Chin, but those RMB money still circulate into our own economy; and China still enjoys $60 billion trade surplus with India every year, it's quite good deal.

The most important thing is, the tension ensure Chinese firms won't invest/provide any infrastructure project in India. There was always voice even during "honey moon" between Indian & China began 10 yrs ago: Chinese government shouldn't allow Chinese firm and capital to support any project like contruction, power plant, Telcom networks in India, this will chanllenge China's conprehensive advantages, I personally strongly support this kind voice.

I am OK with sell and buy things between Chinan & India, even yesterday i gave some IT contracts to my Indian outsourcing partner, but i won't invest any money in India.

I have to say, Modi did right thing, it escaped from RCEP, it kicked Chinese capital out of India, he satified both Indian people and certain people from China including me.
In Indian context K9 and M777 are not primary weapons, they were bought for a very limited scenario, hence the limited numbers.

rest of the points are not relevant to this thread.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes, business is always the most justice tool to evaluate complicated world.

India & China both need each other (theoratically i feed 4 Indian developers last year)but dosen't like each other. At least for China, we just want control the disputed land and make money from India, but we don't have any desire to destroy your religon and kill your people, the muslim did ... This is the base we would coexist.

As a businessmen, I always like calculate the profit and loss for certain thing as hobby.

I noticed the recent unrest of your "Agnipath" project, let's say it would save $2billion per year. If deduct your recent social damanges, it would save $1.8 billion USD finally?

But i noticed that your K9 project will cost $2 billion USD for 300 pieces, and those money will finally feed Korean... For the same amount weapons, China would have no impact at all financially..

I have to say India really need to indigenize your weapon system, otherwise will be really hard to confrontate China.
Yeah
But the point is what u r seeing in our armed forces that is import related issues is only due selfishness of our generals
Otherwise if u see our artillery segment then we have all domestic guns that we want but it's all on army to decide if they want betterment of our nation's mic
Just search kalyani strategic systems in Google u can a video where they literally built all segments of artillery except k9 counterpart
And it's not like newly built most of them have completed army trails or at just verge of completion of army trails
So I mean to say it all depends on army if the seriously want to push indigenization

shade

Country flag
The most important thing is, the tension ensure Chinese firms won't invest/provide any infrastructure project in India. There was always voice even during "honey moon" between Indian & China began 10 yrs ago: Chinese government shouldn't allow Chinese firm and capital to support any project like contruction, power plant, Telcom networks in India, this will chanllenge China's conprehensive advantages, I personally strongly support this kind voice.
It just so happens that contrary to what you say here, your companies mysteriously land the lowest bids for any infrastructure project or equipment supply contract( like power generation equipment or telecom ), the current govt is now reducing this dependence on cheap chink tenders and equipment.
>Capital
We are not some BRI beggar country, your companies come here, bid for the tender, and get paid by whatever govt or private entity invited the bid.

It is well known that your companies submit curiously low bids it to simply capture the market and atrophy any domestic infrastructure provider and keep out any foreign companies.
Exactly the same to what your chink companies do in the domestic market, flood it with cheap goods for market capture.

Stop trying to feed us your lies that you chinks are saints like you do to your 60 IQ BRI beggars.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It just so happens that contrary to what you say here, your companies mysteriously land the lowest bids for any infrastructure project or equipment supply contract( like power generation equipment or telecom ), the current govt is now reducing this dependence on cheap chink tenders and equipment.
>Capital
We are not some BRI beggar country, your companies come here, bid for the tender, and get paid by whatever govt or private entity invited the bid.

It is well known that your companies submit curiously low bids it to simply capture the market and atrophy any domestic infrastructure provider and keep out any foreign companies.
Exactly the same to what your chink companies do in the domestic market, flood it with cheap goods for market capture.

Stop trying to feed us your lies that you chinks are saints like you do to your 60 IQ BRI beggars.
But bro nowadays chinese investment in infra and construction has decreased from past
Even that indicated that our local infra companies are being more efficient day by day
Just saying nothing against them

shade

Country flag
But bro nowadays chinese investment in infra and construction has decreased from past
Even that indicated that our local infra companies are being more efficient day by day
Just saying nothing against them
All the Galwan Effect.
They don't (((invest))) in infra here, they simply bid for the tenders and are then paid for the services rendered

Or in case of equipment, chindi fucks in power and telecom buy their stuff on generous credit terms, offered by the "China Export Import Bank" or whatever, most export-oriented countries have these "banks", but the chings manage to offer their chinkshit for irrationally cheap credit that has T&C added.
And for things like Power and Telecom, you get pic related inside your network for free.

1655825467508.png

vishnugupt

Country flag

I hope our own forces transition from towed to tracked ASAP.
It will change nothing. Give Ukraine whatever they are asking for like, F22, F35, or Any shiny super duppar western weapons (Infact many of them actually given).

Nothing is going to change Ukraine fate. War is not about superior weapons all the time but most of time superior tactics and morals.

Even a smallest weapon could be proved effective if used appropriately and in same thry way, sophisticated weapons could turn junk if used stupidly.

rockdog

Country flag
Yeah
But the point is what u r seeing in our armed forces that is import related issues is only due selfishness of our generals
Otherwise if u see our artillery segment then we have all domestic guns that we want but it's all on army to decide if they want betterment of our nation's mic
Just search kalyani strategic systems in Google u can a video where they literally built all segments of artillery except k9 counterpart
And it's not like newly built most of them have completed army trails or at just verge of completion of army trails
So I mean to say it all depends on army if the seriously want to push indigenization
Here is instant example. On shipbuilding industry, the military and civil are sharing the same tech, if you have strong civil shipbuilding capability, you can build warship fast with good quality.

China and S.Korea share 90% of world's civil shipbuilding market.

Just right after 2 days after 003 AC launched, the new civil order begin in the same place of shipyard. You can see the structure is already installed on the bottom, it's said a 100,000 ton civil ship, will be lots of $$ to earn. It shows how crazy the Jiangnan Ship Yard are making money both from military and international market.

2.jpg

1.jpg

In other word, such kind of “Military-Civil Fusion,” (https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/What-is-MCF-One-Pager.pdf) is the power house to most nation's military industry.

So industry GDP really means something for a war.
@hit&run

mokoman

Country flag
SAM site Pangong Tso

this is very old news , @Deadtrap here posted it long time ago.

Wouldn't it be in our artillery range especially ATAGS with HE-BB (52 km range) ammunition and M777 with M982 (40 km range) ammunition.
Not to forget with Pinaka MRLS (up to 90 km).
its around ~100km from LAC . we will have to put our artillery and MBRL right at the front line .

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Wouldn't it be in our artillery range especially ATAGS with HE-BB (52 km range) ammunition and M777 with M982 (40 km range) ammunition.
Not to forget with Pinaka MRLS (up to 90 km).

Ramjet powered shell is also under development. We shall be able to fire our round on Lahore from Amritsar.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles