India-China Border conflict

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
In a Fictional world Mudi ji gets tired of Xi's bullshit and initiated Operation Lions Stride aka Sinh Garjan.

The operation is long term and aims to modernize Indian navy and enter a military pact with friendly scs nation on first priority basis.
In the first phase of the Project all naval Shipyards are modernized to handle maximum traffic, to do this Maximum tenders are handed out on PPP model.
In the second phase of the Project Private enterprise are given incentives to establish OEM lines for shipbuilding this involves developing Military and Commercial shipbuilding of the nation.
Existing shipyard are upgraded and new Shipyards are built in opening of Ganga River, Odisha, and Gulf of Gujrat.
All Shipyards enter into pact with Indian College to develop R&D centers for research in Marine Metallurgy, Acoustics, Production management and Manufacturing.
In the third phase of the Project India seals a pact with Vietnam and Taiwan to establish Logistics center to house Indian Military Equipment and Training center. Further India tries to replace Russia for Vietnam and America for Taiwan to supply equipment to both these countries. Order for warships are sealed at a discount and massive order for Missiles are booked.
In the Fourth phase of the Project Indian navy make repeated voyage into the SCS to conduct missive war games.

how was my story? First two are bullshit but is the third phase possible?

I mean our defense shipyard is investing shit ton of money to build their infra but the order is in peanuts. 4 destroyers per class is shittiest thing we are doing. While PLAAN constructed dozens of ships in every increment. Also both Vishakapatnam class and Type-052D have nearly same tonnage but we have 32 VLS while they have 64 VLS tubes.:crazy:

Academic research is there for Military projects like how IIT Kanpur is helping the Ghatak program. For Navy related things need to see which University is helping them in research.

3.We should start Friendly patrol in SCS while building up our Naval destroyers in our backyard. - Valid point hope this Brahmos sale to Philippine will start a new partnership in that SCS area.

4. War games -:cool3::cool3::cool3::cool3:. Some Noise.

Again this will happen in this decades if Armed forces ready to take plunge in our in house capabilities.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
How with world war 2 era weapons !!!!
Going by what people have guessed, India could have as much as 15k brahmos. For context, till today Russia has used under 1k cruise missiles on Ukraine and their industry is already dead.

Anyone who picks a fight with us will have industry wiped out in an 800km circle from India (With ref to pak, all of it. With ref to china, xinjiang and tibet.)

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
70 billion worth missiles?
Thats market price IG (5 mill), should cost less as we are OEM.

Anyway, I got it from some chinese report that I cant find, but I found a guys analysis of that report which seems good enough.

"We can guestimate it though.

When the production was started in 2005, the news was that about 2000 would be made in 10 years. That should have been complete by now.

Now, the nation has added 2 more production lines bringing the capacity to 3 lines while increasing the indigenization levels. We can assume 3 times the capacity. This means the last 5 years we should have made another 3000 of new generation variants.

In 2016 there was a news of ramping production to 100 missiles a month. By 2018 the third production line was added. So current production should be 150 – 200 missiles a month. That’s 1800 – 2400 missiles a year. In 5 years that will translate to 9000 – 12000 missiles. That’s the second most aggressive manufacturing in Indian defense second only to Pinaka MLRS at 5000 rockets a year since 2005. India must have produced over 80,000 rockets by now, but most of the initial rockets are either used or expired. Rocket propellant as well as warhead are primarily chemicals that means they come with an expiration date i.e a use by dd/mm/yyyy. Usually 8 – 10 years for open units like 80 mm rockets and MLRS rockets while those in casister like brahmos have 15 + years.

There was also news last year of “service life extension” for brahmos which means a test and replace of expired chemicals and batteries."

Edit-Also, its not as atrociously costly as it may seem. Production been going on from 2005, been 17 years. its like 5 billion per year from all three services combined even if we take at market price. Given its capabilities, not too far fetched that we invested that much in it.

Last edited:

mokoman

Country flag

Anyway, I got it from some chinese report that I cant find, but I found a guys analysis of that report which seems good enough.

When the production was started in 2005, the news was that about 2000 would be made in 10 years. That should have been complete by now.

Now, the nation has added 2 more production lines bringing the capacity to 3 lines while increasing the indigenization levels. We can assume 3 times the capacity. This means the last 5 years we should have made another 3000 of new generation variants.

In 2016 there was a news of ramping production to 100 missiles a month. By 2018 the third production line was added. So current production should be 150 – 200 missiles a month. That’s 1800 – 2400 missiles a year. In 5 years that will translate to 9000 – 12000 missiles. That’s the second most aggressive manufacturing in Indian defense second only to Pinaka MLRS at 5000 rockets a year since 2005. India must have produced over 80,000 rockets by now, but most of the initial rockets are either used or expired. Rocket propellant as well as warhead are primarily chemicals that means they come with an expiration date i.e a use by dd/mm/yyyy. Usually 8 – 10 years for open units like 80 mm rockets and MLRS rockets while those in casister like brahmos have 15 + years.

There was also news last year of “service life extension” for brahmos which means a test and replace of expired chemicals and batteries."

Edit-Also, its not as atrociously costly as it may seem. Production been going on from 2005, been 17 years. its like 5 billion per year from all three services combined even if we take at market price. Given its capabilities, not too far fetched that we invested that much in it.
according to @ezsasa , that was a wrong assessment .

forgot details but its not 200 missiles a month but 10 .

15k just seem hard to believe , i dont think even russians have that much stockpile

Covfefe

Country flag
according to @ezsasa , that was a wrong assessment .

forgot details but its not 200 missiles a month but 10 .

15k just seem hard to believe , i dont think even russians have that much stockpile
Godrej Boyce Manufacturing had shared a tweet congratulating their team for delivering 200th frame for the missile. There might have been some other vendor supplying before them(imported from Russia most likely) but 15k seems too high. There are obsolescence costs as well. After 10-15 years obsolescence of minimum 8-10% percent will kick in- some may require subsystem substitution but fuel induced corrosion will impact the inventory.

The Shrike

Country flag
There is no way we have 15K Brahmos missiles, for that to happen we'd have to buy close to a 800-1000 missiles every year - which would make it the the biggest line item in our capital budget, for context even bigger that Rafales etc. Thats simple not plausible, its a decent missile but one would not be buying it in those quantities over fighters, subs etc which are also much needed and have not been able to buy due to fund crunch.

no smoking

Country flag

:facepalm:

15K Brahmos? Do you have any idea what that number means?
That number is much bigger than Soviet or USA total missiles which they prepared to fight WW3!

:facepalm:
Firstly, in 2021, India is building a new manufacturing center which can produce 80-100 brahmos ANNUALLY!

New Brahmos Manufacturing Center in India to produce up to 100 cruise missiles per year - Naval News

Secondly, that is maximum possible output of a production, but in reality, there is no country produce at such a speed because those suppliers can't sustain such a level. And it is quite expensive to maintain such a force.