India-China Border conflict

mokoman

Country flag
You can't bend the Newtonian Physics.

How hard you try.
Chinese jets can take off with less fuel , more arms then refuel in air .

they can also take off from runways in Yunnan fully loaded with missiles , refuel midway and then strike us.

these things (mid air refuelling tankers) are a 'force multiplier'

something IAF will be worrying about .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag

they can also take off from runways in Yunnan fully loaded with missiles , refuel midway and then strike us.

doesn't focus on S-400 and domestic AD systems by IAF indicate that they had already factored this in 2015 itself?

Concard

Country flag
doesn't focus on S-400 and domestic AD systems by IAF indicate that they had already factored this in 2015 itself?
What do you mean here? Are you saying with S400 we can take out their Refueling aircrafts? Can the radar track long distances with mountains in between in Himalayas?

mokoman

Country flag
from what i seen , i dont think u can use ground AD effectively to protect LAC . himalayas will block line of sight , we wont be able to see into chinese territory or even the LAC at most places .

:hmm: we need more AWACS with long range . something we have little of now .

@mist_consecutive would know more , but overall IMHO when Chinese start churning out mid-air refuellers , we will lose one major advantage over them .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
What do you mean here? Are you saying with S400 we can take out their Refueling aircrafts? Can the radar track long distances with mountains in between in Himalayas?
let @mokoman respond, i'll get into nuances later if needed . my core point is, whether India's strategic thinkers were anticipating the scenario mokoman put forth? the answer seems to be yes.

Jimih

Country flag

We will see, all look 'rosy' in theory.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
from what i seen , i dont think u can use ground AD effectively to protect LAC . himalayas will block line of sight , we wont be able to see into chinese territory or even the LAC at most places .

:hmm: we need more AWACS with long range . something we have little of now .

@mist_consecutive would know more , but overall IMHO when Chinese start churning out mid-air refuellers , we will lose one major advantage over them .
allow me rephrase the question.
is the concern, India's defensive capability or offensive capability wrt LAC?

SGOperative

Country flag

mokoman

Country flag
allow me rephrase the question.
is the concern, India's defensive capability or offensive capability wrt LAC?
:hmm: not sure , i dont know how their airforce will be used if at all , most of their military vids , the ones where they 'threaten' us , involves drones , MBRL rockets and artillery .

This doesnt give them a new capability , just improves their air power , what they can already do.

We will see, all look 'rosy' in theory.
Chinese are aiming for US airforce style capability , if the Chinese *think* they have an edge over us it will increase likelihood of full war , nevermind what ground reality is .

Maybe i am wrong , but IMHO it wont change how the ground war is fought . if we actually decide to go into Tibet - we can still fuck them no matter what.