India-China Border conflict

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
What does it tell?

One more Intel botch up or inefficient night ops ability of our SFs?

How these things happening at regular intervals? That too in same region?
Their is something seriously problematic with our NE operations.
We need to seriously review our SOPs.
The officer needs to be awarded as he skillfully handled the situation.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Wᵒˡᵛᵉʳᶤᶰᵉ Uᵖᵈᵃᵗᵉˢ𖤐 (@W0lverineupdate) Tweeted:
Remaining debris of A #Chinese rocket stage, the third stage of the Chang Zheng 3B serial number Y77 which was launched in Feb 2021 reappears in the atmosphere over #India's #MadhyaPradesh, #Maharashtra, #Gujarat & several states and burns in the sky.
https://t.co/9Wap0wb7U0

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Wᵒˡᵛᵉʳᶤᶰᵉ Uᵖᵈᵃᵗᵉˢ𖤐 (@W0lverineupdate) Tweeted:
Remaining debris of A #Chinese rocket stage, the third stage of the Chang Zheng 3B serial number Y77 which was launched in Feb 2021 reappears in the atmosphere over #India's #MadhyaPradesh, #Maharashtra, #Gujarat & several states and burns in the sky.
https://t.co/9Wap0wb7U0
sir iska ek thread hai usme post kare

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
What does it tell?

One more Intel botch up or inefficient night ops ability of our SFs?

How these things happening at regular intervals? That too in the same region?
NE botch ups seem complicated. Civvies carry guns there, as do militants. My guess - At night time, with the limited vision either with or without NVGs, civvies get mistaken for rebels. Could be bad intel, or a compromised mole. Either way, internal agencies will sort it out. Since entire north east is governed by the same party as the central government, coordination should be simpler.

mokoman

Country flag
awesome pic of depsang , taken by a dude who works for army

our IA base hidden behind slope . probably only image of any camp here.

this is the infamous DBO base , we have 200-300 tanks hidden nearby in specialized shelters - to protect them from cold . in case PLA try to overrun us

FNOPyKEVEAAWTbi (1).jpeg_stripped.jpeg

Last edited:

vidhwanshak

Country flag

mokoman

Country flag
:lol: Where did you get that ?
it was in news , i didnt mean "at" 'dbo base ' but area around it including depsang plains .

aim is to protect DBO , prevent it being overrun . i cant find the original source i read , but figure was about 200 tanks in "specialized shelters" , started with armoured vehicles during UPA era , then added in tanks after 2013 standoff.

In 2014, the top brass in the northern command started the hunt for a brigade (army formation with close to 4,000 troops) which could be deployed at altitudes higher than 15,000ft. They realised that the 81 Brigade, aka the Bakarwal brigade, could be sent to the Daulat Beg Oldie sector with a tank formation. Combined, they could defend a possible tank invasion by the Chinese, launched through their Western Highway.

“The Western Highway connects Lhasa with Aksai Chin area,” said Thapliyal, who has surveyed the area extensively. “With our tank formations in Daulat Beg Oldie, we can cross the Demchok funnel (where the Indus enters India from Tibet) and intercept the highway in case of hostilities.”

Two years ago, the Indian Air Force's Boeing C-17s took off with dismantled T-72 and T-90 tanks from the Chandigarh air base. The Globemasters, which can haul 77 tonnes each, were bound for Leh, confirmed an air vice marshal. Sitting in his fourth-floor office in Vayu Sena Bhawan, he said,

“The Hindon [Uttar Pradesh] based C-17s were used to send tanks and armoured vehicles to Leh airfield, from where they were sent to Daulat Beg Oldie and other areas in eastern Ladakh.” Around 100 tanks have been sent, and the operation is still under way.

what if i told u that , company i used to work for provied janitorial servies for those shelters ? :cool1:

mokoman

Country flag
bit old news. saw this on chinese social media .

its a 3km tunnel linking two counties in China close to LAC . will connect the two valleys almost touching. about 12km from LAC.

construction havent been officially announced or in news , 👀 they dont want to alarm their southern neighbour .

Medog to Chayu 68554027gy1h0wfo5i3tdj218t0ntk6v.jpg

------------

it was in news , i didnt mean "at" 'dbo base ' but area around it including depsang plains .

aim is to protect DBO , prevent it being overrun . i cant find the original source i read , but figure was about 200 tanks in "specialized shelters" , started with armoured vehicles during UPA era , then added in tanks after 2013 standoff.

In 2014, the top brass in the northern command started the hunt for a brigade (army formation with close to 4,000 troops) which could be deployed at altitudes higher than 15,000ft. They realised that the 81 Brigade, aka the Bakarwal brigade, could be sent to the Daulat Beg Oldie sector with a tank formation. Combined, they could defend a possible tank invasion by the Chinese, launched through their Western Highway.

“The Western Highway connects Lhasa with Aksai Chin area,” said Thapliyal, who has surveyed the area extensively. “With our tank formations in Daulat Beg Oldie, we can cross the Demchok funnel (where the Indus enters India from Tibet) and intercept the highway in case of hostilities.”

Two years ago, the Indian Air Force's Boeing C-17s took off with dismantled T-72 and T-90 tanks from the Chandigarh air base. The Globemasters, which can haul 77 tonnes each, were bound for Leh, confirmed an air vice marshal. Sitting in his fourth-floor office in Vayu Sena Bhawan, he said,

“The Hindon [Uttar Pradesh] based C-17s were used to send tanks and armoured vehicles to Leh airfield, from where they were sent to Daulat Beg Oldie and other areas in eastern Ladakh.” Around 100 tanks have been sent, and the operation is still under way.

what if i told u that , company i used to work for provied janitorial servies for those shelters ? :cool1:
i was joking about the company part .

i seen pictures of vehicle shed about 5 - 10km from DBO , could be artillery , bulldozers, or tanks

will post pictures here.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Tell me more about it:notbad:

By the way, 200-300 tanks are unrealistic, given the supply chain & maintenance required.
During op. Snow Leopard, we fielded around 100-150 Tanks + IFVs combined on South Pangong Tso, maybe 100 more as a reserve at Chusul/Nyoma in case things go south.

Sustaining such force for a long period is unrealistic and expensive.

mokoman

Country flag

By the way, 200-300 tanks are unrealistic, given the supply chain & maintenance required.
During op. Snow Leopard, we fielded around 100-150 Tanks + IFVs combined on South Pangong Tso, maybe 100 more as a reserve at Chusul/Nyoma in case things go south.

Sustaining such force for a long period is unrealistic and expensive.

:hmm: yea , i think the article i read may got it wrong or i am remembering it wrong , maybe 10-20 tanks in shelters for DBO area , rest for eastern ladakh.

it was hard job . cleaning a T-90 in sub zero temperature in no joke .

but pay was good , 72 lakh per annum + any extra tank that is not needed we can take home .

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

:hmm: yea , i think the article i read may got it wrong or i am remembering it wrong , maybe 10-20 tanks in shelters for DBO area , rest for eastern ladakh.

it was hard job . cleaning a T-90 in sub zero temperature in no joke .

but pay was good , 72 lakh per annum + any extra tank that is not needed we can take home .
Mai ache se kapda mardunga , ek gandgi nai bachega
Kaise apply karu

Angel of War

Country flag
[
awesome pic of depsang , taken by a dude who works for army

our IA base hidden behind slope . probably only image of any camp here.

this is the infamous DBO base , we have 200-300 tanks hidden nearby in specialized shelters - to protect them from cold . in case PLA try to overrun us

View attachment 148983
it can't be 200 or 300 . Even an armored brigade has 120 operational tanks including reserves . There is one T90 regiment in depsang as multiple sources say .

Angel of War

Country flag

it says 100 tanks were sent to DBO and ' other areas in eastern ladakh '

mokoman

Country flag
@mist_consecutive

The first of the deployments came 20 years ago when India began inducting BMPs or armoured personnel carriers (APCs) into the SSN. Around 2015, it started inducting T 72 tanks into the region — for the first time since the 1962 war.

India initially began with three regiments of 46 tanks each positioned at vantage points at the SSN. This number has been bolstered to a “very comfortable level” to counter any kind of aggression by the Chinese, a source in the defence establishment said.

we have 130+ tanks at sub sector north (SSN = DBO+depsang plains+karakoram pass) :cruisin2:

this will most likely give us 30 mintues before PLA overrun DBO :truestory:

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
@mist_consecutive

The first of the deployments came 20 years ago when India began inducting BMPs or armoured personnel carriers (APCs) into the SSN. Around 2015, it started inducting T 72 tanks into the region — for the first time since the 1962 war.

India initially began with three regiments of 46 tanks each positioned at vantage points at the SSN. This number has been bolstered to a “very comfortable level” to counter any kind of aggression by the Chinese, a source in the defence establishment said.

we have 130+ tanks at sub sector north (SSN = DBO+depsang plains+karakoram pass) :cruisin2:

Can 130 + tanks be flanked and overrun that easily?

Angel of War

Country flag
@mist_consecutive

Can you provide some sort of explanation for that ?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@mist_consecutive

Agar 30min ke bad harna hi hai toh why to fight for 30mins wasting both men and equipments