India-China Border conflict

nixin

Are we also doing this ?

Last time there was this news regarding training army in negotiating techniques.
Why can't we use army for just busting them and use diplomats in army uniforms to negotiate with them?

indiatester

Country flag
Ahh yes, Saurav Jha, the famous out-of-news journalist who invents periodic doomsday news from sitting on his toilet every morning.

30 divisions ?

During last year, we fielded -

Divisions - 19+ (19 confirmed, probably at least 3 more)
Independent Brigades - 10+ which translates to +3 divisions (one division roughly have 3 brigades)
ITBP Battalions - 60 (translates to ~ 9 divisions)

Moreover, some divisions which cater to active borders sport more brigades under them, for example, the Dras-based 8th Mountain Infantry Division which is responsible for the Kargil-Siachen sector, contains 8 brigades, so it is equivalent to 3 divisions in itself.

So we fielded approximately 28+ divisions against China in 2021. Probably more because divisions in active conflict areas hide their insignia to mask the troop movements.

In case of guns actually start roaring, we can bring 21st Corps from the South as required which adds 3 more divisions to the equation, while still not compromising our offensive edge against Pakistan.

Just because we don't put out flashy TikTok dance videos, people underestimate Indian Army.

Shiver your legs or stand up and fight for the motherland. Pakistanis are better than us in the regard.

He is trying to say please give him some attention because he is a failing journalist and he just presented you a fear-mongering news.

Not really. Yes, we are not comfortable with our infrastructure and technological gap, but we are fast fixing that.
I thought he was making fun of those who were making disjoint comments.
So, was our ~30 division deployment a response to their perceived ability to deploy 30 divisions?

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
We must surprise China like this with both military and diplomatic decisions which they were not expecting, or were least expecting.

We have seen China is bad with surprise situations, both at Galwan and Snow Leopard, and took some time to recover.

If we act and behave predictably, China will always outpace us multiple steps.
We are all in this together.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
The way these people are going about things, the day is not far when they will start bullying and threatening citizens of other countries staying in their home countries, for posting against Emperor Xit!
We will be amongst their targets, if not already! 😛🤣😂
I just love chinese for these things , fishing out traitors left right and center.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
i dont know what indian government has planned for security of chickens neck its only 22 kilometre wide if China somehow succeeds in bombing the highways and railway lines it will cut entire north east from rest of india
connectivity between silliguri corridor and delhi should be robust enough to move the millitary to that area as soon as possible if the need arises

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
I thought he was making fun of those who were making disjoint comments.
So, was our ~30 division deployment a response to their perceived ability to deploy 30 divisions?
You can say that. ~20 divisions are already either deployed or based as part of regular Indo-China border defense.
We saw re-alignment of our divisions with a greater focus in the central sector this year. Plus ~6-8 divisions + supporting brigades were brought in as part of validating our offensive capability (1st Corps and 17th Corps).

i dont know what indian government has planned for security of chickens neck its only 22 kilometre wide if China somehow succeeds in bombing the highways and railway lines it will cut entire north east from rest of india
connectivity between silliguri corridor and delhi should be robust enough to move the millitary to that area as soon as possible if the need arises
I can assure you Chicken neck is the safest place in the whole Northern India. If nukes start to fly consider moving to Chicken's neck, you will be safest there.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@mist_consecutive why are you laughing ? did you forget the embarrassing defeat of 1962 ? you loosed becauses of poor infrastructure. Nehru thought that chinese wouldnt be able to capture tibbet because of difficult terrain but chinese proved him wrong

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You can say that. ~20 divisions are already either deployed or based as part of regular Indo-China border defense.
We saw re-alignment of our divisions with a greater focus in the central sector this year. Plus ~6-8 divisions + supporting brigades were brought in as part of validating our offensive capability (1st Corps and 17th Corps).

I can assure you Chicken neck is the safest place in the whole Northern India. If nukes start to fly consider moving to Chicken's neck, you will be safest there.
"na koi gusa hai na koi ghusne paya hai"

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
@mist_consecutive why are you laughing ? did you forget the embarrassing defeat of 1962 ? you loosed becauses of poor infrastructure. Nehru thought that chinese wouldnt be able to capture tibbet because of difficult terrain but chinese proved him wrong
I am laughing because "Chicken neck vulnerable becoz it is narrow" argument is childish. Every wannabe defense expert looking at the map of India thinks it is vulnerable.

Thing is, every Indian who ever studied India's geography is aware of this weakness, so we ensured extra-double that it is well-protected and not vulnerable.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am laughing because "Chicken neck vulnerable becoz it is narrow" argument is childish. Every wannabe defense expert looking at the map of India thinks it is vulnerable.

Thing is, every Indian who ever studied India's geography is aware of this weakness, so we ensured extra-double that it is well-protected and not vulnerable.
connectivity between silliguri and delhi is poor on the other hand chinese have made expressways and high/semi-high speed railways to connect lhasa with beijing
india is repeating the same mistake of 1962. The strategic folly of engaging in a “forward policy" of creating military posts without ensuring robust connectivity with New delhi