India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

another_armchair

Country flag
Lockheed Martin will throttle back the pace of F-35 production on May 23, leaving it anywhere from 18 to 24 jets short of the 141 scheduled for delivery this year.

Over 100 5th Gen fighters per annum is quite an enviable rate. Here, we are dealing with French who will extract every little pound of flesh from us.
US is better in a sense, they don't drip you dry. They are quite upfront with the cost, the production rate and the rules regarding usage. Play by their rules and you will get what you ordered at the contracted price. Our experience has been rather good so far.
Not the case with France. But that's another story for another day.

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

even if we go by your premise, shouldn't there be replacements available inland if forward bases are attacked.
At that point, operationally it becomes more complex when you think about it. Range is one factor.....when runways are destroyed.....didn't Pakis almost threaten even Ambala in one of their offensive initiation (I think its 71 but don't remember).....there will be enough with 32 to 42 squads to fill in losses. I think IAF plans that way....we are nuclear for a reason.....any overwhelming force from multiple fronts that puts our existence at stake will lead to nuclear retaliation....otherwise why do we have it?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

another_armchair

Country flag
Guys how efficient is our CISF. I have a hunch that the war with China will involve not only small battles on LAC , Pakistan ,traitors inside but everything and anything that makes us strong.
Quite good. Well trained at the constabulary and ASI/SI level.
Have had their share of run ins with NE insurgents in the past and Naxals too.

Rohan Naik

Country flag
Quite good. Well trained at the constabulary and ASI/SI level.
Have had their share of run ins with NE insurgents in the past and Naxals too.
BSF personals are trained to fight in various geographies. I have seen them firing artelery styled weapon platforms. They have their own air wing and have special operations commandos serving in UTs of Jammu, Kashmir, Laddakh and in naxal infested chatrisgarh, Maharashtra as well. Highly versatile in nature, they are better capable than many armies of small nations.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
People here have a hard on for Foreign Maal.

Thats the exactly what American wants. You see U can't be Americas Allie and be and stand on the same footing as them, that's not their nature that's not their mindset.

What America wants from India.

Fight China to undermine its influence in favor of America. Buy Weapons from America with the Surplus monetary gain we make in our profit making sectors. Buy their planes, buy their missiles buy their Helis.

Remember MIC is directly responsible for 1/10 of US Economy and Employs Millions of people. War is Profit that's the thing they know and want other countries to keep away from it.

Every Apache u buy adds 15 million dollars to American Economy, their Workers get paid, their steel industry gets the money, their Electronics industry gets the money, their paint company gets the money and so on.

Each Apache we buy removes 15 million dollars from our economy.

America can Fight a war Infinitely because Every bullet they make for war adds to their own economy.
Same is not true for India.

Guys shilling for F 16 here are are fulfilling Americas plan for India.

Synergy

Country flag
Yes, things these days are just in time production.
yes. and they are producing more than 100 5th gens a year. just tell them how many F16 do we need. they will supply in shortest time possible.

but at first write the cheque.

another_armchair

Country flag
yes. and they are producing more than 100 5th gens a year. just tell them how many F16 do we need. they will supply in shortest time possible.

The pain actually starts after writing the cheque.
That makes me balk at the idea of QUAD on the same lines as NATO.
Those high tech weapons will mean nothing as the leash will be in American hands.
We can only gnash teeth like bad puppy of USA.

omaebakabaka

by now they should have had 1500 F-35's and number produced is like 1/3rd.....plants, workers and rawmaterials work on forecasting in manufacturing side. I have working experience in manufacturing plants for some of the biggest companies on planet and I can tell you, short of wartime....what you are saying is not possible as its not profitable (max profits) to do that way.

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
Guys how efficient is our CISF. I have a hunch that the war with China will involve not only small battles on LAC , Pakistan ,traitors inside but everything and anything that makes us strong.
That's guaranteed. This crisis is not only about india/china border issue. It's all about globalist agenda fucked up by the wuhan virus. The common people right in their mind cant support anymore the global world that fuck up culture, nation, countries, language brother hood... in sum the humanity for the profits of few:the globalists.
Those who are acting against the reelection of Trump are also supporting the CCP domination of Asia. Trump and Modi are their worst ennemies, they will do everything that exists in their playbook and even more! Trump and Modi have a common ground : they havent been selected by the gangsters but elected by the common people against the will of the world elite. The world elite want to eliminate them from the power and punish the common people for their bad choice and they are acting accordingly.
World wide the mainstream media will go crazy against Modi and Trump if a hot war start. But if the common people stand behind their leaders and support them whatever come, than there is a chance for a new world order. If not the world disorder started with the fall of the iron curtain and Berlin wall will continue and worsen.
There cant be a new world order without the fall of the chinese Great Wall. That's a golden opportunity for India to open and a new era and act for new world order.
Liberate Tibet and automatically the many sticks (Pak, Nepal, Bangladesh) in our arse since 70 years will disappear. Can we Indian dream a better world than that ;-)

Last edited:

Synergy

Country flag
by now they should have had 1500 F-35's and number produced is like 1/3rd.....plants, workers and rawmaterials work on forecasting in manufacturing side. I have working experience in manufacturing plants for some of the biggest companies on planet and I can tell you, short of wartime....what you are saying is not possible as its not profitable (max profits) to do that way.
what's the present production capacity of F16?

another_armchair

Country flag
BSF personals are trained to fight in various geographies. I have seen them firing artelery styled weapon platforms. They have their own air wing and have special operations commandos serving in UTs of Jammu, Kashmir, Laddakh and in naxal infested chatrisgarh, Maharashtra as well. Highly versatile in nature, they are better capable than many armies of small nations.
BSF is in a different league.

My reply was to OP's query about CISF.

omaebakabaka

what's the present production capacity of F16?
I do not have that info.....but minimal when you spread across the countries vs time to deliver. I worked in the city that manufactured F-18 and still does (not for Boeing) but I worked for different company some years ago though. They mostly rely on export for 4th gen planes now....and very slow production rate.

China is a different case as its state psuedo capitalist but in market economies what I said is ever more true.

Last edited:

vayuu1

Country flag
By the time 42 Squadrons are filled up, there will be sufficient domestic options. Foreign purchases will probably be limited to GBU PGMs.

Let's look at the list(off top of may head):

HSLD
SANT
DHRUVASTRA
SAAW
NGARM
SFDR
LFDR
ASTRA
BRAHMOS NG
RUDRAM
RUDRAM 2
RUDRAM 3
Bhai koi Brahma danda aka brahmand Astra, vaishnav Astra, pashupatastra ka bhi avahan Karo taaki ye chakkar hi khatam Ho.

another_armchair

Country flag
I do not have that info.....but minimal when you spread across the countries vs time to deliver. I worked in the city that manufactured F-18 and still does (not for Boeing) but I worked for different company some years ago though. They mostly rely on export for 4th gen planes now....and very slow production rate.
That is why LM and TATA were pushing hard for a large F-16 order promising the world in return.
The contract cost would help bankroll the set up costs of a production and service line in an Indian sweatshop.
Win-Win for LM and US MIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles