India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immanuel

Country flag
Huh What makes you think that?
Dude will get Indian stick again.
:facepalm: Why does banning H1B applications affect the election? Residents don't get to vote in Presidential elections. There are over 20 million Americans without a job at the moment, a vast majority of Americans them don't mind a temporary halt on immigration. The list of people waiting in line for citizenship is well over 700K. Not to mention there are well over 20 million illegal immigrants. Actually, the more Trump is strict on immigration, the bigger the victory. Homie, these are every man for himself kind of days. Indian Americans (US citizens) and literally no body else except the large Corporations give a shit about the H1B visa applicants.

You are also saying that Indian Americans will deliberately vote for more regulations, taxes and much higher cost of living by voting for Biden and the dems. (Most common sense Indian Americans won't do that). There are off course leftists and they will elect a failing pile of dog poo if they could.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Buddy my comment is appropriate in the current context w.r.t China, one side you are talking about quad, conducting some training in A&C with US, in subtle tone asking help from like minded countries & yet hesitating to acknowledge in public. Who will count on you as reliable partner if need arises. That's why i said it could have been avoided at this juncture.
Agree.

The philosophical stuff is for some other time.
Great empires like USA take a long time to fade. USA may stay around long enough to punch Commie China to death.

In fact that is my prediction. I see a world war with Commie China's defeat.
Obviously China itself will not disappear but will be replaced with some form of democratic China.

India is getting a lot of support from USA which is quite unusual. But EAM is not confident about USA relationship, that much I can see.

A bipolar world is unlikely at this point. It will be a multipolar world with USA as the largest pole till 2050 at least.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
Agree.

The philosophical stuff is for some other time.
Great empires like USA take a long time to fade. USA may stay around long enough to punch Commie China to death.

In fact that is my prediction. I see a world war with Commie China's defeat.
Obviously China itself will not disappear but will be replaced with some form of democratic China.

India is getting a lot of support from USA which is quite unusual. But EAM is not confident about USA relationship, that much I can see.
China in it's present geography will not exist.

Immanuel

Country flag
Honestly If Democrats had a better candidate than Joe then Indo Americans might've repeated the 2016 again but Biden will likely get roasted in Debates & it will reduce his vote share this time for sure.
That's just wishful thinking. Actually the Dems can throw their most eligible milk toast candidate and still loose to Trump. You see when push comes to shove, most people prefer balls in their leadership. Trump since day one has been about improving the country but the Dems are about fundamental changes to the system, that's always a hard sell. Trump just has to point at any Dem city or policy and he can basically rip it to shreds.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
That's just wishful thinking. Actually the Dems can throw their most eligible milk toast candidate and still loose to Trump. You see when push comes to shove, most people prefer balls in their leadership. Trump since day one has been about improving the country but the Dems are about fundamental changes to the system, that's always a hard sell. Trump just has to point at any Dem city or policy and he can basically rip it to shreds.
Dems also want to raise taxes in a destroyed economy ; a terrible platform to run on.

dkkgp

Country flag
I have an inkling that China will go the Japan way! That is, at one point it was thought Japan would eventually take over the US as the predominant economic power in the world in a few decades time. The US successfully preempted it and did it alone. To take down China it has so many allies. Over the next decade, we will increasingly see the economic ostracisation of China that will take it down with the noose of 600 million BPL Chinese. One aggressive US Prez and the China story will be over!

M.J.K

Country flag
Interesting article Any thoughts are welcome.The author is a veteran (I cannot verify)

IRAN DEAL: HAS CHINA STEPPED ON A VISIBLE LANDMINE

In a recent development in July 2020, Iran-China inked a $400 billion deal. This is a 25-year pact:

• Iran doesn’t gain much from the deal, other than immediate relief from the American sanctions.
  • Which would get China a considerable bargain on the Iranian oil.
  • China will invest $400 billion in the Islamic nation over a period of 25 years.
  • China will invest $280 billion in oil, gas, and petrochemicals.
  • China will invest $120bn in transport and manufacturing, within the first five years.
  • The deal would expand economic development in 100 odd diverse fields, including banking and infrastructure, such as airports, high-speed railways, subways, and 5G telecommunications(this would give Iran, China-style censorship of the internet).
  • Iran-China set up an industrial town in the southern port city of Jask, to establish and develop different industries, including petrochemical, refinery, aluminum, and steel industries.
  • China will get priority to bid on any new project in Iran that is linked to these sectors.
  • China will get a 12 percent discount and it can delay payments by up to two years.
  • China will be able to pay in any currency it desires.
  • China will receive total discounts of nearly 32 percent.
  • 5,000 Chinese military personnel to be stationed in the country to protect their interests and the Chinese air force would be given access to Iranian bases.

Full article
https://insightful.co.in/2020/07/17/iran-deal-has-china-stepped-on-a-visible-landmine/

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
fact that is my prediction. I see a world war with Commie China's defeat.
Very very very difficult.
See Chinese aren't going anywhere. Soviet union collapsed because weirdo economic policies Chinese are more capitalist than india.
And some Chinese member said that CCP is more like their old dynasty empire rather than a full fledge only communist party this belief may have came because Chinese population is adapted to live under authoritarian governments and Chinese local population have serious hatred for west.
CCP isn't going anywhere without a fight which will cost millions of life. You can hurt Chinese by using economic factors and totally boycotting them but CCP will then become more of inward focused market because they have huge local consumption.
Rise of China was bound to happen and Chinese CCP Deng trolled west brutally with the idea of Chinese slowly becoming a democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.