India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Well I too suspect something is being pushed under the carpet... Secondly most of the experts have been busy at showing Actual line of control & perceptional line of control which is kind of buffer zone between actual line of control.
The goof up by Modi aggravated the problem too, one side you don't wish to assert your claim on buffer zone patrolled by both armies in public statements & claiming not even an inch ceded to China but on the other hand asking same in terms of maintaining status quo ante of Apr.
And I believe all is being done to save the image of this gov which has over the years projected itself "Tough on National Security" but now showing same gov off guard in current scenario will evaporate all their hard built credentials.

Personal visit by Modi & Rajnath is however to signal chinese back off else India won't hesitate in escalating militarily.
Well many people have different view from the government BUT they are yet to give concrete proof. The satellite imagery can be bought by Congress party too. And there is a big OS intelligence community out there. I have not seen anything concrete from the accusers.

Lets assume accusations are correct and Chinese are sitting on land claimed by India (which they are sitting on since 1962 and crept forward during several episodes thereafter). So what are the options? Should India go to war or try to resolve through negotiations?

I believe that the government has the prerogative to decide the course of action. With all due respects to the accusers, I would support the government.

Sehwag213

Country flag
Our side of despang plain is a small strip of land barley 14 km wide.
That strip of land has DBO road running through it. If they have indeed occupied the area then we would have noticed.
So Y junction is not in our side of lac.
And PP 10,11,12,13 ?

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Compoistsion of some of the PLAAGF armouredae's formatione's .

From various Source's .

6th Highland Mechanised Infantry Division's now occupies jumping-off points in the Chinese half of Depsang Plains. It consists of 7 Mechanised Infantry Regiment, 18 Mechanised Infantry Regiment and an armoured regiment's .The divisional reconnaissance battalion is a small, lithe unit for scouting and flank protection tasks. Its mainstays are eighteen ZBD-04A infantry fighting vehicles armed with AFT-10 anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs). These are the divisional commander’s eyes and ears. The division HQ has an infantry company and air defence platoon for its protection's.

And each mechanisede's infantry regiment/brigade's has four mechanised battalion's , up from the earlier three and a tank's battalion's with 35 Type 99 main battle tanks. There are eleven tank's in each of the three tank companies with two command tanks in the battalione's headquarters. An artillery's battalion with eighteen 122mm PLZ-07B self-propelled tracked howitzers is in direct fire supporte's . Combat support is provided by an engineer battalion and a signal battalion's .

Aksu, Xinjiang-based 4th Highland Motorised Infantry Divisione's comprises the 11 Motorised Infantry Regiment, 12 Motorised Infantry Regiment, a tank regiment, an artillery regiment, and anti-tank and anti-aircraft division battalionse's . This is the Chinese formation's troops's of XIV Corps are encountering in the Galwan River Valley, Hot Springs/Gogra and the Fingers Area. The division’s motorised infantrye's regiments are equipped with tracked Type 86 ICVs a reverse-engineered Soviet BMP-1 replicas and WZ-551 6 x 6 APCs. In addition, there are eight relatively more modern VN-1 8 x 8 APCs armed with indigenous Red Arrow 10 ATGMs. The motorised infantry battalion's follow the standard table of organisation with three companies, each of three platoons'es .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Territory has certainly been occupied at Depsang. Otherwise GOI would have strongly refuted various media reports till now.
sure that’s an assumption, is there evidence to support this theory via satellite imagery. If I recall correctly, IA & PLA camp are atleast 4km apart with LAC in between as of last week’s satellite images.

I think it was a Newyork times article.

Kalki2020

Country flag
If there was territory occupied other than pangong tso wouldn’t some foreign OSINT experts have caught it on satellite images.
I wish you are held true on ground too.
But there has been multiple reports in past one week & so regarding Depsang, if these reports are untrue gov & military should come out & declare such reports untrue, keeping stoic silence is making things bad to worse. Time to put fullstop on speculation if Depsang story is purely mythical.

Sehwag213

Country flag
sure that’s an assumption, is there evidence to support this theory via satellite imagery. If I recall correctly, IA & PLA camp are atleast 4km apart with LAC in between as of last week’s satellite images.

Can you please share that article? Because every media report claims they are blocking our patrol at Y junction.

garg_bharat

Country flag
So Y junction is not in our side of lac.
And PP 10,11,12,13 ?
I really do not know what is PP, 10, 11 etc.

I was taught to draw a map in school which proved to be wrong once I became older and wiser.

You worry about PP 10 but forget Manmohan Singh wanted to withdraw from Siachen unilaterally. If he succeeded then all this talk of Depsang would be meaningless today.

So I say again let the the government deal with the situation. If it can be solved diplomatically then good. If not military option is always there.

doreamon

Country flag

If we r not agressive on our perception lac .. if we r leaving our territory as buffer zone.. convincing people on chinese perception of lac while they have been salami slicing since 3 decades... How can we sacrifise our lives for aksai hind......

Sehwag213

Country flag
I really do not know what is PP, 10, 11 etc.

I was taught to draw a map in school which proved to be wrong once I became older and wiser.

You worry about PP 10 but forget Manmohan Singh wanted to withdraw from Siachen unilaterally. If he succeeded then all this talk of Depsang would be meaningless today.

So I say again let the the government deal with the situation. If it can be solved diplomatically then good. If not military option is always there.
I stood 2.5 hrs in line to vote for this govt. But there is something certain wrong at LAC. Why isn't govt strongly refuting all these media rumours.
I have said many times, we should capture their land across LAC at Arunachal, Sikkim or Himachal . This is the best solution to avoid war at this stage.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
I stood 2.5 hrs in line to vote for this govt. But there is something certain wrong at LAC. Why isn't govt strongly refuting all these media rumours.
I have said many times, we should capture their land across LAC at Arunachal, Sikkim or Himachal . This is the best solution to avoid war at this stage.
why should government announce everything in media? Bad enough this media makes up and publishes military details

garg_bharat

Country flag
First of all this China problem is not unique to India. We must recognize that and we should get cooperation of other countries threatened by China. It is always better to act in unison on the world stage.

Germany was defeated by combined effort of allied powers; not by UK alone. There is a parallel here.

I think patience is the key and this is time to cover up deficiencies and prepare the troops.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag

garg_bharat

Country flag
Speaking less to media is a good strategy in India.
Our media is an echo chamber. Even more lies will be fabricated after each effort to clarify.

It is an extremely cold desert and staying there won't be comfortable for Chinese either. So let us wait.

cereal killer

Country flag
Or this could trigger the war. Cut Govt some slack here man, they too are probably confused as well. We are too applying pressure US carrier in Andaman is part of that. But for some reason China ain't backing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles