India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowitall

Lets see this through practically.

1. Black top is not under are our control is almost confirmed

2. If pre status quo ante is agreed than both sides go to their respective locations which means the calls for us is the gains of ridgelines can be sustained 24x7 for upcoming times? i guess, govt will not allow it, hence vacating it is the only option.

3. What we achieved, free pass to build infra within our LAC, no chu chapada etc but the question remains will xi settle for a face saving and not backstab?
but if black top and other such areas are not controlled by us why would the chinese even come and negotiate with us they would act just like they were acting before so why this sudden change in their stance?

Dessert Storm

Country flag
This would be the worst thing to do . We have to defend our territorial integrity. Many nations outside of
India also watching.
Dear all. The statement simply means.... The Game is on. We are playing it Big. I repeat we ain't disengaging until we make big tactical gains at the very least. Why do you think that we are going to make concessions? What makes you think that the Chinese can't be made to give concessions? Furthermore, the statement clearly says 'political guidance for disengagement'. Which means political guidance only. Disengagement is not going to happen without Political+Military Guidance/Inputs.

shade

Country flag
If chinese going back i dnt think its a bad thing to fall back for india.. who in its right mind wants a war now at this situation we r going through . We all started pitching war drum because it became a matter of honour . Yeah those heights are a strategic advantage but it ll cost a lot of money and hardship on part of army to maintain it and there ll be always chance of loss of supply line . We spend 5crore a day in siachin It ll be in multiplied in lac . All these fund can be spent in army modernization to stay better prepared next time things go bad which is bound to happen .
They are not going back, "disengagement" is a ruse through which we surrender our gains to them.
"Chinese backstabbed us :crying: " has been happening from '62 itself, it is a garbage excuse.

By your logic we must join the array of PRC vassals like Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Nepal, Paki, Lanka etc etc just so that there is no conflict, maybe centre wants this too, who knows .

Chinese land grabs won't stop, you consider this "solved" and next year they will be back somewhere else, Ladakh, Sikkim, UK/HP, AP it doesn't matter.
As long as they know we will give in easily all this will continue.

Suhaldev

Country flag
Lets assume we dont have BT, reasons behind rattling

1. All other nearby peaks have been captured by us that too when we responded when chinese started climbing it = tactical loss + soliders are not capable + these heights does give strategic advantage but not same as BT + Moldo camp is surrounded

2. They never thought we will take the longer route from north to make the climb to the place where f3/f4 meets and after that told them we will advance further if situation is not restored (all this is in bacdrop when last year we took the moutain route to patrol beyond f4).

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
There seems to be a new statement from Wang in Moscow related to our border situation. I've only extract from TOI, I'm trying to put my hand on the full press conference without success.

Abhay Rajput 02

Lets see this through practically.

1. Black top is not under are our control is almost confirmed

2. If pre status quo ante is agreed than both sides go to their respective locations which means the calls for us is the gains of ridgelines can be sustained 24x7 for upcoming times? i guess, govt will not allow it, hence vacating it is the only option.

3. What we achieved, free pass to build infra within our LAC, no chu chapada etc but the question remains will xi settle for a face saving and not backstab?
I still dont understand why people dont believe black top is in our possession. Even panag who is quite anti modi says that black top is in our control yet people dont believe it. Let me tell you very clearly the only place we crossed LAC i.e. pre april position was south and we control the entire ridge line from black top to reqin la. Now most of the ridge line is exactly on LAC and some areas on chinese side.
2- if status quo ante , then we will only move back from south pangong lake some areas who are on chinese side aka some hills like black top. But we will keep our forces in all other places on our side at lac just like chinese. Dont worry until status quo ante happened the standoff will continue.
The only reliable source is this guy.
@Hellfire

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
It's not over until it's over.

Lots of peace talks happened before ww1 and ww2 as well and we know what happened afterwards.

It's diplomacy to keep up the good boy act so that later we can have the moral upstanding.

There will be no Disengagement until Chinese move back to Sirjap. This time it's different. Babus have little control here.

My issue is, is it the MEA followings the Military or Militray following the MEA.

Typically in a situation like this Military in tandem with Government should move the wheel and MEA should be the one setting the narrative in International forum.

johnq

Restricting Indian soldiers from using firearms is a mistake, and advantageous to China. The 5 point consensus says to respect existing protocols, the same ones that Chinese soldiers used to go up to their claim lines and attack Indian soldiers with hand weapons while Indian soldiers were not allowed to use firearms.
This is why I have a problem with MEA/bureaucats having any say in how the Indian Army does its job. The Indian bureaucrats may have the best intentions, but they have never been in the field, and are a bunch of pencil-pushers. These agreements with China are tying the hands of the Indian military, to China's advantage. Meanwhile Chinese military can pick and choose which agreements it breaks and when it breaks them.
As long as the Indian government allows China to define the terms of engagement by tying the hands of the Indian military, China will retain the advantage.
If you want India to gain the advantage, let the Indian military do its job without any restrictions, and throw all existing agreements into the trash. This whole situation was created by Chinese breaking agreements, so all the rest of the agreements should also be null and void. Instead, by letting other "no-firefight" agreements with China remain, the MEA is allowing Chinese military to play Go on Indian territory. It also risks another Galwan-type incident, and is not fair to the Indian Army.
Use the full might of the Indian Armed Forces, and see how quickly the Chinese military falls back. They are good at intimidation tactics, but not so good at actual fighting. It's all psy-ops.

Last edited:

Abhay Rajput 02

Lots of peace talks happened before ww1 and ww2 as well and we know what happened afterwards.

It's diplomacy to keep up the good boy act so that later we can have the moral upstanding.

There will be no Disengagement until Chinese move back to Sirjap. This time it's different. Babus have little control here.

My issue is, is it the MEA followings the Military or Militray following the MEA.

Typically in a situation like this Military in tandem with Government should move the wheel and MEA should be the one setting the narrative in International forum.
Both MEA and Military is following MODI. So it doesnt matter until both army and mea agrees , the disengagement wont hapeen until both agrees. Remember that modi took his time until we made a move , be it military position or foreign countries support. Also our only objective at this point is status quo ante.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy

neither..

All of them follow PMO.

mokoman

Country flag
"disengagement of the front-line troops at the LAC" Part 1

From July after Galwan clash

China on Monday said Foreign Minister Wang Yi and India’s National Security Advisor Ajit Doval reached “positive common understandings” over easing the current border situation and underlined the need to act promptly on the consensus reached by their military commanders to complete the disengagement of the front-line troops at the LAC as soon as possible.

Give it a week , then we will see what is actually happening.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
When you start over-analyzing your enemy like many are doing here and thinking on behalf of 11 Ping. You end up praising the enemy. Over-analysis is not a sign of your intellectual prowess but sign of weakness.

I have been asking to manage LAC like Sachin for many years now. Looks like it is going to become a reality. There must have been skeptics when we first ascent Siachin glacier with the same doubts about the duration of our deployment. Now we talk about it with pride.

As the Indian army has started outflanking the PLA they seem to have stopped analyzing their so-called clever designs. Chinese will forget all their plans and scripts when the first salvo of artillery shells will land on their camps.

The slaughter unleashed by Indian the army will be even bloodier than Kargil when Pakistani cowards were made to run back from their advantageous top positions.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars India China Brigade Commanders Interaction happened from 11 am to 2.30 pm today. Inconclusive but likely to meet tomm again. China to handover five Indian nationals missing from Arunachal Pradesh tomorrow at Wacha near Kibithu border personnel meeting point.

Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles